ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Saw the new Spiderman today. Not great.

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

Went and saw the new Batman last night. It was alright. Tough to hear what they were saying a lot of the time. Also kind of had a Rocky thing going on between Alfred and Bruce that reminded me of Mickey and Rocky. And Bale's Batman voice is still god awful.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Saw the new Spiderman today. Not great.

It didn't look shite enough on the TV ads for you? Looks crap to me. Only reason I'd go watch it is to compulsively stare at Emma Stone for 90 minutes, hopefully.

:lol: I hadn't seen any trailors. Hadn't seen any Spidey film before. I ran into that one blind. At least I know it's not my thing now.

I've never seen any of the Bourne films, and I like Matt Damon a decent bit, but does anyone think these three movies are a worth a blind-buy for like $25 on blu-ray?

Geez, you're such a blu-ray whore! DL and see first? They're basically quite good action movies for people who like to feel smart while they watch action movies. Which I don't entirely get, but hey.

I've never seen any of the Bourne films, and I like Matt Damon a decent bit, but does anyone think these three movies are a worth a blind-buy for like $25 on blu-ray?

Geez, you're such a blu-ray whore! DL and see first? They're basically quite good action movies for people who like to feel smart while they watch action movies. Which I don't entirely get, but hey.

Blu-ray is the only way, and everyone needs to know that. :angry:

But yeah, I think I'll download the first one and check it out, and if I like it, then I'll buy 'em.

If you can buy the whole series for $25 I'd go for it. The first and third installments are great. Probably one of the most brutal hand-to-hand combat scenes ever filmed in the third movie.

Also, trying to decide on two of these Criterions out of this bunch:

Rushmore

Gojira

Dazed and Confused

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Gimmie Shelter

Any would be blind buys, besides Rushmore. Suggestions?

Rushmore for sure, but I'd skip the others. Fear and Loathing is one of those movies you only need to watch once. If you're looking for other suggestions of possible cheap blu-rays, I'd recommend In Bruges, with Colin Farrell and Ralph Fiennes. Definitely one of the most underrated, best acted movies I've seen in awhile. Got to like dark comedies however.

Cheers,

Andrew

Rushmore

Gojira

Dazed and Confused

Gimmie Shelter

I have no idea what you just said.

So I'll go ahead and recommend Dazed and Confused and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Rushmore

Gojira

Dazed and Confused

Gimmie Shelter

So I'll go ahead and recommend Dazed and Confused and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Alright, say I don't care about the drug stuff, as I know both movies are heavily influenced by, and definitely don't plan on watching either under the influence of anything, would you still recommend them? That said, I like Depp a lot, and McConaughey can be pretty funny.

Rushmore

Gojira

Dazed and Confused

Gimmie Shelter

Alright, say I don't care about the drug stuff, as I know both movies are heavily influenced by, and definitely don't plan on watching either under the influence of anything, would you still recommend them? That said, I like Depp a lot, and McConaughey can be pretty funny.

D&C to me is more akin to Fast Times at Ridgemont high with a better soundtrack and a plot I can relate to easier. Fear and Loathing is adored by the drug crowd, but it's just as good if you're a fan of Hunter/Depp fan -- better than watching Depp in a Burton movie.

So. Rushmore and D&C.

Edited by AbominableHoman

Seeing as they're an overrated pile of rubbish, no. I didn't even bother finishing the third one.

Guest Len B'stard

Rushmore

Gojira

Dazed and Confused

Gimmie Shelter

D&C to me is more akin to Fast Times at Ridgemont high with a better soundtrack and a plot I can relate to easier. Fear and Loathing is adored by the drug crowd, but it's just as good if you're a fan of Hunter/Depp fan -- better than watching Depp in a Burton movie.

So. Rushmore and D&C.

It's a disservice to F&L to say it's about drugs and it's some kinda fuckin' Cheech and Chong thing i mean, we're talking about a great piece of modern literature here, this ain't like some kind of fuckin' comic here, there is a serious point to this movie:

"And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of old and evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back"

THAT is what Fear and Loathings about. Or rather how that died. It's about the murder of the American Dream by it's own guardians, it's one mans reaction to gradual death of his particular brand of values, it could never be just about something as puerile as drugs.

I don't think it's Black Sabbaths kinda movie though..

Edited by sugaraylen