Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remembered that I think the Rocky movies are overrated.

Nah, the first four are really good.

My personal favorites are the third and fourth though.

Is John Carter any good? I downloaded it today, but haven't watched it yet.

Just got back from The Amazing Spider-Man! It was definitely kick ass. Fun fun fun!

Thinking about going on $5 night at my local theater to see that one. My son loves Spider-Man, but since my two stepdaughters are gonna be visiting this month and I'm currently jobless, it's a little hard to take five people to a movie for $8 each.

THe Avengers is when superheroes took over the world. It must be all down hill from here. Nolan has something to offer, but Marvel is getting old. THe best part in Nolan movie is when a big truck goes wrecking through downtown traffic with dramatic music.

How are the two things connected?

I think for non comic book fans The Avengers was probably the peak. I don't mind watching them but they done a lot of them now.

I quite like the marvel universe though. The Ed Norton Hulk was my favorite.

There's no way Marvel can get old, because besides Batman, DC has shit ideas for movies.

Jacquette%20DVD.jpg

220px-Fantastic_four_poster.jpg

220px-Spider-Man_3,_International_Poster.jpg

240px-GhostRiderTeaser.jpg

etc.

Those may not be the greatest movies, but with the exception of Fantastic Four and Punisher, they were enjoyable.

Superman movies - shit

Green Lantern - shit

Catwoman - shit

Then, think if they made a Flash or Aquaman movie. They would be shit as well.

Marval > DC, and they will always prevail in the making of superhero movies.

The Amazing Spider-Man is weirdly...lovely. Vastly better leads than Raimi's but an inferior villian. The 3D is actually an enhancement rather than an annoyance. I preferred the Peter Parker character as he's written here. I am still fond of the 2001 film, but this is entirely on par (at least). I don't expect the inevitable Amazing Spider-Man 2 to top Spider-Man 2 though, that would be asking for the moon.

Green Lantern was great - good to see your bad taste as ever BS :lol:

:huh:

Edited by Angelica

Amazing Spiderman was awesome ^_^

Saw it last night, and Garfield was superb. Leary's performance was excellent also, and nicer to not have Mary Jane, and instead have Gwen Stacy.

Honestly worth seeing.

Totally agree, I saw it yesterday. I enjoyed it much more than the other 3. And yes, yes YES! I have to agree with you about Gwen over Mary Jane. First, I hate Kirsten Dunst's acting. She sucked! I think Emma Stone did a great job, and of course is much hotter than Kirsten. I think this Spiderman was more edgy. And that is all I could say.

There's no way Marvel can get old, because besides Batman, DC has shit ideas for movies.

Jacquette%20DVD.jpg

220px-Fantastic_four_poster.jpg

220px-Spider-Man_3,_International_Poster.jpg

240px-GhostRiderTeaser.jpg

etc.

Those may not be the greatest movies, but with the exception of Fantastic Four and Punisher, they were enjoyable.

Superman movies - shit

Green Lantern - shit

Catwoman - shit

Then, think if they made a Flash or Aquaman movie. They would be shit as well.

Marval > DC, and they will always prevail in the making of superhero movies.

Watch the original Superman movies. It's entirely how the character is written. If the movie isn't taken seriously and is just seen as a cash in it's going to be rushed and suck. Most of Marvels movies are a fair case of that. Also I'm not saying DC has had bad movies, but to suggest Marvel hasn't put out shit?

Think if they made a Green Arrow, Teen Titans, Swamp Thing, Sandman etc but did it right...

Green Lantern was so very meh, it failed to connect really and by the time it ended I was quite bored. Very confused as to why they used Parallax as the villain, as an origin story it would have made more sense to focus on a minor villain to build up Hal. Parallax in the film made no sense as in the comics Hal is Parallax after he is driven insane. This would have made more sense:

Green Lantern: Krona/ Manhunters as villains --> Discovers power of will to defeat them

Green Lantern 2: Hank Henshaw as villain and destruction of Coast City --> Hal goes insane and becomes Parallax during middle act --> Sinestro and rest of Corps defeat Hal and restore order --> Sinestro begins to act like a tyrant

Green Lantern 3: Sinestro starts to use power of fear to rule the Lanterns --> Exiled and starts Sinestro Corps and goes after Hal.

They tried to fit so much into the film it was a clusterfuck and really not enjoyable.