Film Thread

ssiscool

Iron Man 3 was my final superhero movie. this time I mean it. it's like trying to give up drinking. I keep saying no more, but I'll be watching Man of Steel on Saturday for sure. extra large coke and popcorn, those dumb 3D shades so you can't see the screen. And it will suck and I will be happy.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rewatching Ghosts of Mars. It's one of those movies that I thought was awesome when I was ten, but I find really bad now. :lol: It still has nostalgic value, though.

Ice Cube was such a cock in that film. How anyone was meant to believe that Cube was some super badass is beyond me.

Rewatching Ghosts of Mars. It's one of those movies that I thought was awesome when I was ten, but I find really bad now. :lol: It still has nostalgic value, though.

Ice Cube was such a cock in that film. How anyone was meant to believe that Cube was some super badass is beyond me.

I think he and the female lead had some good chemistry at least.

"DAMN girl!!!"

"DAMN girl!!!"

Go wave your postgraduate diplomas somewhere else, you snob. I'm trying to enjoy a John Carpenter film here.

I'm more inclined to the corrupted Bruce Wayne anyway, but I went to see Man of Steel last night in 3D. I suppose I sort of naively went into the cinema expecting that Nolanesque realism when in reality it was elaborate CGI throughout. I felt that all Nolan influence on the film didn't really transpire in the final product. It didn't feel at all like there was a Nolan input but maybe that is attributable to the preconcieved ideas I developed with the Batman franchise.

I like the new Superman (the actor I mean). At times there was a very strong resemblance to Reeves. In fact in a scene at his father's grave I could have swore up and down CGI created Reeves' face as sort of personal tribute. My main criticism is the immense self-wallowing as well as the lack of gripping storyline. I didn't get the underlying intelligence that I experienced with the Dark Knight. That said, Batman Begins was good but not overly groundbreaking, so hopefully the foundations of another special series have been laid down.

Edited by NGOG

Is Mr. Nobody any good? I was told to watch it.

By the way, watched the new Star Trek today, I was really let down. Lame plot, which led to a lame film as a whole, with some really tiring sequences. I fell asleep for some ten minutes, which only happens when then film is really boring. Long action scenes don't hook my attention that much as a good plot with some interesting dialogues.

Wolf Of Wall Street looks good, but I was expecting a more tense film, like the previous Scorsese/DiCaprio work together, like The Departed, Shutter Island...

But well, I can't see how a bad film would come out from that partnership, but I was really expecting something else. Well, it's just the first trailer anyway...

Edited by ManetsBR

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS: Man of Steel

So... how many people died while Superman was fighting his foe? How many buildings collapsed again? I mean... Jesus... you'd think he'd try to keep casualties to a minimum...

I liked the movie... well... let me rephrase that... I was entertained, but it felt too fucking long. I think it could have been 45 minutes shorter and they would've still told the same story.

The first half was very entertaining, imho. But there were things in the second half that sorta ruined it for me. For instance, the way Lane just walked into the alien spaceship like it was her own living room. Then, the fact that Superman was too willing to share his secret with her, for no reason whatsoever apparently. The cemetery scene, where he appears behind her was like that. She'd been asking around about him and he didn't even try to deny the fact that he was who he was. He was like... yeah, I have amazing powers, whereas before he was concerned about people finding out who he was... so... why tell a fricking journalist? lol.gif

...and I'm not a big Superman fan or anything, so I have no idea what happens in the original story, but the scene where his father, or his father's ghost or concience or whatever it was, gives him the suit felt rushed. It felt like:

-I've always wondered who I am and where I'm from.
-Yeah, so you're from a planet that blew up. Oh, by the way, help the people of Earth and wear this suit.

I mean, at that point, it had already been established that he had already been helping people all his life, but the fact that his father told him what to do and gave him the suit felt like it was just a script requirement and... I don't know. I wish it'd been done in a more subtle way.

my 2 cents.