Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

When I think about what could have been, it really depresses me. I'm sorry, but I'm not one of these Axl nutswingers who fantasizes that everythings been wonderful since the original lineup's demise. In fact, it's been quite the opposite. One album in the last 15 years, and for the most part, it wasnt all that. It's time that Axl grows up some and gives the fanbase something truly amazing. The opportunity to see him alongside Slash, Izzy, and Duff onstage again.

Edited by Hell_Hound

When I think about what could have been, it really depresses me. I'm sorry, but I'm not one of these Axl nutswingers who fantasizes that everythings been wonderful since the original lineup's demise. In fact, it's been quite the opposite. One album in the last 15 years, and for the most part, I personally think it wasnt very good. It's time that Axl grows up some and gives the fanbase something truly amazing. The opportunity to see him alongside Slash, Izzy, and Duff onstage again.

It's called Chinese Democracy.

Thats a stupid point, he free to say his opinion on whatever he like's he's not toning down the musical acomplishment but the months it took to make appetite dont compare to the years of blood sweat and tears he put into chinese democracy and all the unrealeased material ofc he's going to be more emotionally attached to CD its took him like a 3rd of his life to release, and thats against all the shit that old members have put out there.

I love Axl, but the way he has responded has just made me very upset...to try and erase what put you on the map, it's despicable of anyone. Slash is just as in the wrong, but that's just it. It's a 50-50 split, and neither of them can see that. It doesn't take a genius, or someone who was even there. The very fact that they're on entire polar opposites implies that there is some middle ground they are both choosing to ignore.

Slash decided to leave, Axl decided to stay.

At least, Axl took the time to explain his side of the story to us. I didn't see him erase anything.

At least, we didn't have to buy the book to read his part of the story.

When I think about what could have been, it really depresses me. I'm sorry, but I'm not one of these Axl nutswingers who fantasizes that everythings been wonderful since the original lineup's demise. In fact, it's been quite the opposite. One album in the last 15 years, and for the most part, I personally think it wasnt very good. It's time that Axl grows up some and gives the fanbase something truly amazing. The opportunity to see him alongside Slash, Izzy, and Duff onstage again.

It's called Chinese Democracy.

True. rock3

Fuck a reunion. It's never gonna happen. Dexter's answers this past days make that pretty damn clear.

Edited by Stranger

For some people never it's enough.

Axl tell us his side of the story, answer a lot questions and talk with his fans, and even, there are people insulting Axl, please Stop insulting him, he are kind and don't insult anybody.

"At least, we didn't have to buy the book to read his part of the story.", :lol: I agree

I think it's sad how most of the GnR fanbase thinks that they have to take a side. There's the Axl nutswingers and the Slash fanboys. What happened to just being a GnR fan? Has that gone? I guess so.

I respect Axl for giving us his side of the story, but all it has done to the fans is giving them an excuse to say "yea Axl rules, Slash fucking sucks!" The fans are more divided than ever now, and most of them seem to be going towards Axl words, I think simply because he is on the forums.

I need to make one thing clear though, just to make sure you guys realise this: Without Slash, there would be no Axl. Without Axl, there would be no Slash.

Guest RonMexico82

I can't believe this thread hasn't been vaporised. I come here today to read some interesting stuff after all the info. Axl has shared and all I'm seeing is petty bullshit whining.

Axl it is ungreatfull lost your memory...My friend, you wouldn't be nothing if the old line up didn't work with you in the old days...Just think about it for a while....By the way....What is GNR today? It is a band or couple of guys work for a bunch of dollars...? I don't know if is in the band Ron Thal, Paul Tobias or what ever...maybe now is playing the drums Teddy Zig Zag...Who knows? Always in Axl's planet is estranged. The GNR's soul is dead in the 90. Only Axl can do what he has to do for reload his carrera: call the original line up and stoped all this fuckin bad dream...

Here's the thing, there is no reunion going to happen any time soon (if ever). This is what all of us need to get through our heads. Now on to the dollar thing, what are most of the 80's and 90's band these days other than a bunch of guys trying to get payed? There are more than a few bands out there that have reunited for nothing else but money, many bands are business agreements without "the love" so to speak. While it may be nice seeing some of those bands live it really doesn't do anything for you. Music wise most of the bands that reunite will only try and emulate past greatness and with terrible luck. I love Chinese Democracy, do I think it's better than Appetite? No but I still think it's great and with time it might be in the running to be my favorite or at least one of my favorites. This is better than Axl, Slash and the rest getting together and trying to do something that eventually would most likely be the biggest let down one could imagine. The chemistry of the old lineup will not be reproduced, not by anyone and that includes the old lineup. This is the fact that most people don't seem to get, these are guys that have grown apart, matured in different ways and simply in some situations purely dislike each other. It simply makes no sence for them to get back together.

I know Slash has been pretty positive in recent times but he's said his share of stuff about Axl in the past. Now Axl has released the new album and wants to have his say. Most of us are supportive of that and want to know his side of the story, actually I've been wanting to hear his side for years. Some here don't seem to be able to handle Axl's side so well for some reason. Did anyone really think that through all the shit that has been throwed at Axl for years (actually well over a decade) that he wouldn's finally have his say? Whatever people think about his side they need to understand that he needed to have his say.

Alright Axl, thanks for taking all this time to clear this stuff up! You kick some Serious ass!

Happy Holidays Man! :xmasssanta:

:o:shocked:;)

Anyway.. And want to know how Izzys department played a role in all this?? Axl?

And I’m not talking change of styles or sounds etc. A lot of people bought that crap and me having gone in other directions seems to many to have verified that. Then you have the mind twisting equally as true horseshit in Slash’s book but I have the rehearsal tapes. There’s nothing but Slash based blues rock and he stopped it to both go solo and try to completely take over Guns. I read all this if Axl would’ve put words and melodies on it could’ve… That was denied and I didn’t walk till several months after having 3 to 4 hour phone conversations nearly every day with Slash trying to reach a compromise. I was specifically told no lyrics, no melodies, no changes to anything and to sing what I was told or fuck off.

Thank you Axl soo much for all this info! It means a lot!!!!!!!! I´m singer in our band and to make an impact in what we´re doing musically is IMPORTANT to me..

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I think it's sad how most of the GnR fanbase thinks that they have to take a side. There's the Axl nutswingers and the Slash fanboys. What happened to just being a GnR fan? Has that gone? I guess so.

I respect Axl for giving us his side of the story, but all it has done to the fans is giving them an excuse to say "yea Axl rules, Slash fucking sucks!" The fans are more divided than ever now, and most of them seem to be going towards Axl words, I think simply because he is on the forums.

I need to make one thing clear though, just to make sure you guys realise this: Without Slash, there would be no Axl. Without Axl, there would be no Slash.

The thing that gets me is that whoever doesn't agree with Axl is a "Slash fanboy". I see it happen over and over. Why not call them a Duff or Izzy fanboy?

Axl,

1)Thank you for answering my question about the infamous SHAQ-rap (I was danhuhn85 on the CD.com session)...although youre answer was very depressing to me. Very very depressing

2) I will forever be imortalized (atleast in my eyes) in transcripts for that chat with my question. (Along with others..congrats) How fucking amazin is that.

3) Happy Holidays you "LA wild-fire stopping" monster!

The thing that gets me is that whoever doesn't agree with Axl is a "Slash fanboy". I see it happen over and over. Why not call them a Duff or Izzy fanboy?

Because most of them are indeed Slash fanboys, couldn't care less about Izzy and only care about Duff because he's still in Slash's band

They would say it's the "real" GNR if it was just Axl and Slash, but wouldn't accept it as Guns even if Axl, Izzy, Duff and Steven were all there. In other words, Slash fanboys

The thing that gets me is that whoever doesn't agree with Axl is a "Slash fanboy". I see it happen over and over.

yeah, but that shit works BOTH ways!

Just have so much love for both men, really.

I've always stated Axl has always held my attention more, though.

Axl's thread's a fuckin' KILLER! :xmasssanta:

You can hold my attention any time. :wub:

You know I think that ever since Axl has been writing on these forums a lot of people have suddenly changing the way they act. Its nice to be courteous and show respect to the man who brought us what we are all here for, but it is a little bit absurd to delete / lock posts simply because someone is choosing to give an opinion that Axl may not necessarily like / agree with.

I dont really know, but I'm gonna take a guess that the last thing Axl wants is for us to all become a bunch of kiss ass motherfuckers. Hes taken the opportunity to give his side of the story, and you can take it or leave it. Not everyone is going to digest it in the same way (hence this thread).

As for 'does this post deseve its own thread' - well hes just expressing an opinion thats no less relevant than 90% of the other useless threads. Just because it doesn't correspond to your own views doesn't make it an evil thread.

Edited by gnrlies

I have no hate for either side, and can't really understand the bystanders that do.

Both sides have given me a lot of enjoyment with their music over the years.

It's a bit like hearing the particulars of someone elses divorce, I'm sure it's agony for them, and I can have empathy for the struggles, but ultimately it isn't me dealing with the pain. I kinda don't feel qualified or entitled to vigorously argue in either direction.

I don't feel manipulated, as I don't put enough stock into it for it to have effected me, doesn't really matter to me as it's someone else's personal business.

I can have a personal opinion on who's side I might find more likely, but unless you were there it's impossible to be 100% certain. Also, although there can be no middle ground when it comes to facts, I'm sure there are subtleties to situations that various parties can have different perspectives on.

Edited by Leddy

Completely agree with the original poster.

When you read what Axl is saying on here about the band not being close and knowing it was over for years before the band broke up, it completely contradicts everything he was saying back then. He said in countless interviews that THAT band was and would always be Guns N' Roses. That he couldn't imagine being Guns N' Roses with anyone else and that nno matter what problems would arise, he and Slash would always have a bond that would keep them together, etc. etc. etc.

But now he's saying the same shit about the current band (meanwhile, he won't actually answer the question of whether there even IS a band or not). So if Axl is to be believed, everything he used to say about the old band was complete bullshit, so why would I believe what he's saying now about new Guns?