Gigs you're at this year

Snake Eyes

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powerage. I am sure this has been asked and answered by you.

But how in the hell can you afford all the shows?!

I'm actually really splurging this year. Last year I went to far more shows, but they were relatively cheap (Almost half of them were $20 or less, and several were free). However, this year I have a better paying job (I'm making $9.50 now as opposed to $7.25), and I'm working far more hours. I'm also doing photography for a small time magazine on the side. I'm really tight on money for this summer though, and I'm done adding concerts to my list, especially with this batch of North American Maiden shows. I'm on the verge of selling one of my guitars, I'm waiting to see how much these Maiden shows are.

Skids home show tonight.

Also coming up are two Courteeners gigs, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Twisted Wheel, Marina & The Diamonds, The Gaslight Anthem and TITP.

They're coming to Elgin! I may go for a wee look B)

go, you defo wont regret it. it was insane, big big set with 22+ tunes, crowd well up for it, im absolutely shattered now haha. pints at the alhambra were £3.30 so i didnt stay for too long after :(

Elgins up near aberdeen yeah? I think I'm travelling up to flanagans or something there to see Twisted Wheel this month. Really hoping it's not far from dunfermline, which it will be..

I'm actually really splurging this year. Last year I went to far more shows, but they were relatively cheap (Almost half of them were $20 or less, and several were free). However, this year I have a better paying job (I'm making $9.50 now as opposed to $7.25), and I'm working far more hours. I'm also doing photography for a small time magazine on the side. I'm really tight on money for this summer though, and I'm done adding concerts to my list, especially with this batch of North American Maiden shows. I'm on the verge of selling one of my guitars, I'm waiting to see how much these Maiden shows are.

Do it while you can man....you won't regret it down the line.

Life has a way of shutting down this sort of activity on the mass insanity scale. :tongue2:;)

Do it while you can man....you won't regret it down the line.

Life has a way of shutting down this sort of activity on the mass insanity scale. :tongue2:;)

Yea, exactly why I'm doing it. Not only I know I won't be able to do it forever, but I know a lot of bands I go see won't be around much longer. Last time I saw Maiden I was 16, and I wasn't old enough to be able to do all this traveling, especially to see one band. I know their time is limited, and I'm doing everything I can to see everything I can while the option is still there. Yes, it's a shitload of money, but I know it will be worth every penny. ;)

Skids home show tonight.

Also coming up are two Courteeners gigs, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Twisted Wheel, Marina & The Diamonds, The Gaslight Anthem and TITP.

They're coming to Elgin! I may go for a wee look B)

go, you defo wont regret it. it was insane, big big set with 22+ tunes, crowd well up for it, im absolutely shattered now haha. pints at the alhambra were £3.30 so i didnt stay for too long after :(

Elgins up near aberdeen yeah? I think I'm travelling up to flanagans or something there to see Twisted Wheel this month. Really hoping it's not far from dunfermline, which it will be..

Yeah it's about four hours from Dunfermline haha! I live about 15 minutes from Elgin and I have to make the journey down to the almighty Fife later this month :thumbsdown:

Aerosmith, baby! I'm not gonna go "oh my god oh my god oh my god", but it is a dream come true for me. I've been waiting for this for, what, 8 or 9 years now.

Also, first day of Hard Rock Calling Festival (Hyde Park) - Pearl Jam and a bunch of bands I don't really care about.

I'm hoping GNR or Slash will come around here (and at a convenient time for me!)

Maybe Mark Knopfler...

Manchester Orchestra - March 8th at the Jimmy Kimmel show in Los Angeles

Billy Talent w/ Against Me! - March 11th in Red Deer, Alberta

Muse w/ Silversun Pickups - March 30th in Calgary, Alberta

U2 - June 23rd in Edmonton, Alberta

U2 - September 3rd in Athens, Greece

U2 - September 29th in Seville, Spain

• 2 weeks later...

Update 6/revised schedule:

1/12/10 - Agent Orange (Rochester)

1/24/10 - Guns N' Roses (Hamilton)

2/3/10 - David Sanborn (Niagara Falls, NY)

2/20/10 - The Misfits (Rochester)

3/22/10 - Tower Of Power (Buffalo, early show)

3/22/10 - Tower Of Power (Buffalo, late show)

3/23/10 - Coheed & Cambia (Rochester)

3/24/10 - Coheed & Cambria (Syracuse)

3/30/10 - Coheed & Cambria (Scranton)

5/19/10 - Coheed & Cambria (Toronto)

5/20/10 - Reverend Horton Heat (Toronto)

5/21/10 - Reverend Horton Heat (Buffalo)

6/15/10 - Herbie Hancock (Rochester)

6/18/10 - Jeff Beck (Rochester, early show)

6/18/10 - Jeff Beck (Rochester, late show)

7/3/10 - Iron Maiden (Toronto)

7/6/10 - Iron Maiden (Ottawa)

7/11/10 - Iron Maiden (Holmdel)

7/12/10 - Iron Maiden (New York City)

7/14/10 - Iron Maiden (Pittsburgh)

7/15/10 - Iron Maiden (Cleveland)

7/23/10 - Alice Cooper (London)

7/27/10 - Tower Of Power/Average White Band (Verona)

8/7/10 - Sonishpere 2010 (Stockholm, now definitely going)

8/11/10 - Iron Maiden/Heaven And Hell (Bergen)

Just got back from my second Courteeners gig, met mr. Liam Fray after which was class. The second night (glasgow) was easily one of the best gigs I've been too, band, fans.. incredible atmosphere.

Still to come are Twisted Wheel, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Marina & The Diamonds, Paul Weller, Gaslight Anthem, Florence & The Machine, The Charlatans, Jackson Browne & David Lynley.

JELLO BIAFRA & THE GUANTANAMO SCHOOL OF MEDICINE

DELINQUINTS

PORCELAIN FOREHEAD

APRIL 4 Toronto

Jello!!!

And Porcelain fucking Forehead!!!!!!

A friend just tipped me off about this one about half an hour ago...immediately snagged a ticket!

Now that's how you spend Easter Sunday! B)

DELINQUINTS

PORCELAIN FOREHEAD

APRIL 4 Toronto

Jello!!!

A friend just tipped me off about this one about half an hour ago...immediately snagged a ticket!

I envy you more than words can express.

DELINQUINTS

PORCELAIN FOREHEAD

APRIL 4 Toronto

Jello!!!

I envy you more than words can express.

Jello's band is going to do some DK tunes as well.

I'm psyched for this gig man...BIG time!