Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Story's been deleted. Guessing this is following from their post earlier:

"Getting ready for some fireworks, Check out Dj ASHBA's National Anthem on the link. And fair warning - this is patriotic - don't like it - don't look, don't speak. ANY and all haters will be banned."

Never fails to surprise me that a band that was famed for their rebellious attitude, and whose lead singer released a concept album entitled "Chinese Democracy" dealing (if briefly) with issues such as freedom of speech, who blasted a mod here for their traffic cop/power trip rule, acts in such a belligerent totalitarian manner.

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

Was deleted?? So fast? It had like 300 comments or so!! I have a screenshot. Will upload it tomorrow cuz now I'm on a tablet.

Whoever is running this social media stuff has no clue how much DAMAGE they are doing to the band. They have no real fans anymore. And they are alienating the ones who have stuck with the band for years.

Instead of focusing on the positive, they always come up with that horrible dictator attitude. It makes me want to puke.

You took a screenshot? Lol how gangsta #gay

Gay is you saying this is gay.

• Like 1

"Getting ready for some fireworks, Check out Dj ASHBA's National Anthem on the link. And fair warning - this is patriotic - don't like it - don't look, don't speak. ANY and all haters will be banned."

Never fails to surprise me that a band that was famed for their rebellious attitude, and whose lead singer released a concept album entitled "Chinese Democracy" dealing (if briefly) with issues such as freedom of speech, who blasted a mod here for their traffic cop/power trip rule, acts in such a belligerent totalitarian manner.

Was deleted?? So fast? It had like 300 comments or so!! I have a screenshot. Will upload it tomorrow cuz now I'm on a tablet.

Whoever is running this social media stuff has no clue how much DAMAGE they are doing to the band. They have no real fans anymore. And they are alienating the ones who have stuck with the band for years.

Instead of focusing on the positive, they always come up with that horrible dictator attitude. It makes me want to puke.

Did you take a screenshot of it?

That post saying they will ban haters etc was embarrassing - I really believe they don't have a clue on social media - they have x million amount of likes, but that's not a true representation of their current fanbase, and doing stupid things like that is gonna turn alot of the casual fans off.
Said it a few times, they should focus more on their real fanbase on the forums other than the casuals on fb/twitter.

• Like 1

Did you take a screenshot of it?

Yes, I did. With my tablet. I wanted to upload it here but it was a mess. What's the problem?

The GENIOUS Community Manager at the Facebook account is going ape on people and banning them. The whole situation is very mature.https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152519840473069&id=10901008068

Guns N' Roses

that was fun.. who else is too lazy to unsubscribe ? gonna go grab beverages and come back and clean some more house here there and everywhere.

So took a screenshot is gay? How about using the word: gay as a derogatory word,

Go back to your MSL hellhole

On topic. GNR social media "managers" is just be like Axl. Arrogants. That's all

They don't want to know the difference between the haters and fans who criticise...

nevermind they still got thousand of hundreds brazilian hue-hue idiots who blindly worship the brandname's (and the employees) every move

Edited by Crash Diet

They simply don't get it...

and never will

the customer is always right.... but what do they care? the "GNR" name that others built allows them to still earn a living

For me it's not even about the customer is always right and all that. It's about realizing you're representing a famous band, and anything that's famous gets lots of positive and negative attention, so why choose, again and again and again, to focus on the negative attention, and in fact give it a louder voice by entering into battle against it. This shit is so basic and obvious from a PR standpoint that it's pathetic. Edited by magisme
  • Like 1

So took a screenshot is gay? How about using the word: gay as a derogatory word,

On topic. GNR social media "managers" is just be like Axl. Arrogants. That's all

They don't want to know the difference between the haters and fans who criticise...

nevermind they still got thousand of hundreds brazilian hue-hue idiots who blindly worship the brandname's (and the employees) every move

The word "gay" has/had many meanings. It used to mean "happy".

What does me posting on MSL's board have (in addition to here) have anything to do with members taking screenshots of everything? it's #creepy and unhealthy (is that derogatory too? I'm sure "creepy" is somewhat offensive as many rapists/murderers/stalkers can be labelled as "creepy")

and never will

the customer is always right.... but what do they care? the "GNR" name that others built allows them to still earn a living

For me it's not even about the customer is always right and all that. It's about realizing you're representing a famous band, and anything that's famous gets lots of positive and negative attention, so why choose, again and again and again, to focus on the negative attention, and in fact give it a louder voice by entering into battle against it. This shit is so basic and obvious from a PR standpoint that it's pathetic.

agreed 100 percent

managing the "gnr" name cant be easy in any way for many reasons... but attacking the fan base makes it that much worse

The GENIOUS Community Manager at the Facebook account is going ape on people and banning them. The whole situation is very mature.https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152519840473069&id=10901008068

Guns N' Roses

that was fun.. who else is too lazy to unsubscribe ? gonna go grab beverages and come back and clean some more house here there and everywhere.

Please remember that we don't want to discourage any user in good standing from posting here.

As for this particular argument, this is what it reads like to me: :facepalm:

Let's try to stay on topic.

000207-Jul-141628.jpg

:rofl-lol:

"The most dangerious band in the world", asking about Sunday praying?? :rofl-lol:

Never thought I would see this in my lifetime..... :facepalm:

Should be thankful for having lived that era when Guns N' Roses was a real rebellious rock n' roll band and not some joke managed by Catholics...

Cracks me up! :rofl-lol:

:rofl-lol:

"The most dangerious band in the world", asking about Sunday praying?? :rofl-lol:

Never thought I would see this in my lifetime..... :facepalm:

Should be thankful for having lived that era when Guns N' Roses was a real rebellious rock n' roll band and not some joke managed by Catholics...

Cracks me up! :rofl-lol:

They are just referring to the woman in the picture, who was praying, as they support one of their photographers in the National Geo photo contest.

and never will

For me it's not even about the customer is always right and all that. It's about realizing you're representing a famous band, and anything that's famous gets lots of positive and negative attention, so why choose, again and again and again, to focus on the negative attention, and in fact give it a louder voice by entering into battle against it. This shit is so basic and obvious from a PR standpoint that it's pathetic.

It really is amazing.

These guys seem to ALWAYS focus on the negative instead of the positive.

A few guys find some leaks - so beta or dell or whoever it was makes comments about maybe they shouldn't release an album. One fan throws something on the stage, shut the show down for the other 5,000 people. A few people make rude comments - come out guns slinging.

Why not focus on the millions of people who love Axl and GnR instead of the random few that don't?

It really is amazing.

A few guys find some leaks - so beta or dell or whoever it was makes comments about maybe they shouldn't release an album. One fan throws something on the stage, shut the show down for the other 5,000 people. A few people make rude comments - come out guns slinging.

Why not focus on the millions of people who love Axl and GnR instead of the random few that don't?

A psychologist could explain it better but that mindset is exactly what keeps Axl from releasing albums, or doing so every 20 years, and his ex-bandmates working regularly.

Focusing on the negative is a choice. Being negative is an easy way to victimize yourself so that u are never responsible for anything. Immature behavior and pretty hard to correct if the person think they are right all the time. "Its not me, it's them." We are doomed with people like this. And the worst is that it seems there isn't only one person with this mindset in the GNR camp.

Edited by tinyrobot
  • Like 2

It really is amazing.

A psychologist could explain it better but that mindset is exactly what keeps Axl from releasing albums every 20 years and his ex-bandmates working regularly.

Focusing on the negative is a choice. Being negative is an easy way to victimize yourself so that u are never responsible for anything. Immature behavior and pretty hard to correct if the person think they are right all the time. "Its not me, it's them." We are doomed with people like this. And the worst is that it seems there isn't only one person with this mindset in the GNR camp.

That is really sad. Like I said, there is literally several million people who would buy every album that Axl decided to release. Why not focus on pleasing the die-hards rather than worrying about those who might not like it.

I guess this is why the song's get in the ring abnd out ta get me are so relevant, unfortunately.

• Like 1

It really is amazing.

A psychologist could explain it better but that mindset is exactly what keeps Axl from releasing albums every 20 years and his ex-bandmates working regularly.

That is really sad. Like I said, there is literally several million people who would buy every album that Axl decided to release. Why not focus on pleasing the die-hards rather than worrying about those who might not like it.

I guess this is why the song's get in the ring abnd out ta get me are so relevant, unfortunately.

Because that is the way they decided to approach life: being negative and blaming others. It's a way to relief the guilt. It works for a while, like when he made it look like Slash was the rock in his shoes. But everybody moved on and built their own careers and bands. Now it is only him and the people he chose to be in GN'R and truth is out there: no one's stoping him from making music, except for his own negativity and mindset.

His management is negative as well. Their speech is a constant provokation to the fans who don't like the band. It is a battle against the people who made GN'R what GN'R is (or was). It's ridiculous. Neither Axl or TB would be here without that past they reject so much. Yet they feel like they have to exterminate fans from the old line-up, which is impossible. It's an energy drain not worth it.

"Get in the Ring" and "Out to get me" should belong to an era that is closed. No one's out to get Axl and media don't give a fuck anymore.

Edited by tinyrobot
  • Like 1

It really is amazing.

Because that is the way they decided to approach life: being negative and blaming others. It's a way to relief the guilt. It works for a while, like when he made it look like Slash was the rock in his shoes. But everybody moved on and built their own careers and bands. Now it is only him and the people he chose to be in GN'R and truth is out there: no one's stoping him from making music, except for his own negativity and mindset.

His management is negative as well. Their speech is a constant provokation to the fans who don't like the band. It is a battle against the people who made GN'R what GN'R is (or was). It's ridiculous. Neither Axl or TB would be here without that past they reject so much. Yet they feel like they have to exterminate fans from the old line-up, which is impossible. It's an energy drain not worth it.

"Get in the Ring" and "Out to get me" should belong to an era that is closed. No one's out to get Axl and media don't give a fuck anymore.

I gotta admit that I thought u where warchild lol, but that post was very accurate with the actual situation and made me realize I was wrong haha. TB, Jarmo, etc, help to fuel this victim and "Im always right, and never wrong" attitude, theres always an excuse for everything, they are always perfect and never wrong, its hilarious.

• Like 1

I gotta admit that I thought u where warchild lol, but that post was very accurate with the actual situation and made me realize I was wrong haha. TB, Jarmo, etc, help to fuel this victim and "Im always right, and never wrong" attitude, theres always an excuse for everything, they are always perfect and never wrong, its hilarious.

Is Warchild an Axl sychophant?

I don't know who that is or what they think/say... I'm just a fan from the prime time and I guess I've lived enough to know this band, in all of its stages, from dusk til dawn, from the glory days to this actual decadence. No one can take away the memories I have, my teenage years spent as a fan, TB can't tell me shit about all that. I was here before them.

I don't know who that is or what they think/say... I'm just a fan from the prime time and I guess I've lived enough to know this band, in all of its stages, from dusk til dawn, from the glory days to this actual decadence. No one can take away the memories I have, my teenage years spent as a fan, TB can't tell me shit about all that. I was here before them.

yeah, shes really crazy, now she's at another forum with 2 accounts, she speaks with herself lol, and the forum admin defends her, shes banned from here.

yeah, shes really crazy, now she's at another forum with 2 accounts, she speaks with herself lol, and the forum admin defends her, shes banned from here.

I thought it was a guy impersonating Axl.... :shrugs:

It really is amazing.

I continually say this too - instead of focussing on negatives, focus on the positives, there are still a lot of people interested in the band and a new album (although as every year goes past the numbers decrease) - and in terms of social media, put out some positive updates, some behind the scenes footage maybe, and engage more with people on the forums other than the casuals on FB/Twitter - so many of them just hit 'like' cause they like SCOM or WTTJ etc, actual fans go on the forums and discuss and debate. If TB are in change of PR then it's another aspect they are failing.

• 2 weeks later...