Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

This was added today to Paradise City’s Facebook. When Axl is on, he is on.

There is something in this which reminds me of the amazing cover of Sailing.

Cool that they posted that, but I've always thought that version of the song was strange. Actually, I was playing it once and someone walked into the room and went "Wtf? That's Axl? He's being so gentle on his voice! :blink: "

Love that show, but it's such a weird one.

Edited by RickRoses
  • Like 1

This was added today to Paradise Citys Facebook. When Axl is on, he is on.

Cool that they posted that, but I've always thought that version of the song was strange. Actually, I was playing it once and someone walked into the room and went "Wtf? That's Axl? He's being so gentle on his voice! :blink: "

It's actually my favorite GnR version of this song.

This was added today to Paradise Citys Facebook. When Axl is on, he is on.

It's actually my favorite GnR version of this song.

It's a good version, and Axl's style fits the song really well, but it's definitely not the one I'd go to when I think of great performances. Rock Am Ring 2006 (vocally) is by far my favorite performance.

ha

i know this is loser to have noticed but also it is loser for them to have posted then removed slash imagery celebrating brian may's anniversary on FB via paradise city- where tie your mother down was featured only to repost the concert in japan 2007 - del makes the posts right? looks like he got the corn and it was panic time

could've gotten a screenshot but hey it's just quite funny all the same

nn62ow.png

Wow. How odd. Remove a great performance and tribute to a legend just to replace it with yet another shitty pun. :/
It's still up.

nn62ow.png

Wow. How odd. Remove a great performance and tribute to a legend just to replace it with yet another shitty pun. :/
It's still up.

I see. So there's essentially nothing to see here? :lol:

I apologize for honestly not knowing as I don't really keep up with their fb posts.

slerin_zpsf2c01a73.jpg

Instagram pic of Slash and Erin Everly in Atlanta from late last week. Apparently they had dinner.

WHAAAAT?? Naaaaah.....tell me its a joke!

Wow, no wonder why Axl hates this man so much. He keeps up the good work on pissing redhead off....

:facepalm:

Btw, the genius behind GNR Tw account is writting bollocks right now... Apparently will dedicate some time to chat, LOL.

The chat ended. Nothing to report, as far as I can follow, only that they're working on bringing the dvd/cinema release (can't remember correctly) to other countries too.

They focused on a negative tweet for a while, but they tried to end on a more positive note anyway :)

The chat ended. Nothing to report, as far as I can follow, only that they're working on bringing the dvd/cinema release (can't remember correctly) to other countries too.

They focused on a negative tweet for a while, but they tried to end on a more positive note anyway :)

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/491465269491933184

Basically, tweeting to drool over random girls, pick up fights with fans and never inform, give serious news on GNR activity. Same as usual.

Oh and yes, basing a chat to "celebrate" AFD 27 b-day.... living in the past off of old success #fail

slerin_zpsf2c01a73.jpg

Instagram pic of Slash and Erin Everly in Atlanta from late last week. Apparently they had dinner.

Nice picture. This thread needs more Slash (and maybe more Erin, she looks great).

Yes but I have mixed feelings. On one had is cool. And on the other hand I think that pic probably belongs in the cringeworthy thread

slerin_zpsf2c01a73.jpg

Wow, no wonder why Axl hates this man so much. He keeps up the good work on pissing redhead off....

:facepalm:Btw, the genius behind GNR Tw account is writting bollocks right now... Apparently will dedicate some time to chat, LOL.

Who posted it? I would be surprised if it was Slash.

Who posted it? I would be surprised if it was Slash.

Haven't seen it on Slash's instagram. It's a bad pic anyway. Why would you post such a blurry pic ? If I'm having dinner with someone and want to take a pic to post it on social media, I'd make sure that it's a good one. This looks like a fan taking a pic with Slash and not having the time/opportunity to do it again to take a good pic, but posting it anyway.

Weirdly out of focus which is odd for modern camera phones. Without prior knowledge I would have placed this pic in early 2000's, Slash looks younger, although he does have a tendency to look v young in some photos and less so in others so it's hard to tell.

I don't think catching up with an old friend over dinner is particularly weird, even though she was Axl 's wife she probably knew Slash fairly well.

slerin_zpsf2c01a73.jpg

:facepalm:

Yeah, so lame of Slash to have dinner with an old friend at the risk of upsetting her 52 year old toddler of an ex husband.

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 4

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/491465269491933184

Basically, tweeting to drool over random girls, pick up fights with fans and never inform, give serious news on GNR activity. Same as usual.

Oh and yes, basing a chat to "celebrate" AFD 27 b-day.... living in the past off of old success #fail

That's why I barely keep up with them on social media and it bums me out. There are SO many cooler ways social media could be used to promote this band. Instead we get exactly what you said; whomever runs it uses it as a pick up joint and a place to take their anger about GN'R out.