Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Bumblefoot

After the show didn't happen in Costa Rica on the 9th, I took GNR fans

in the hotel with me to a remote spot outside and gave them a good

2-hour-ish personal acoustic show, with their wonderful help on vocals,

acoustic bass, and a guitar for me to use. Had to make music that

night, I wish it could have been as it should ha...ve been, but at least

tried to bring smiles to the group that was there, as they did for me :)

http://www.twitpic.com/1et4ii (Kristy, I stole your pic...!!)

mty23r.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dj ASHBA™

The ASHBA tuner™ AVAILABLE @ ASHBAswag.com and THE APPLE iTUNES STORE!! 04/12/10 After many, many months of designing the Ultimate Guitar Tuner App, I am so proud that my App will finally be available to all of you. I have it on my iPhone and it has been the only Pro Guitar Tuner I have used since!!! It's Amazing!! Check it out and tell your friends!!

8y80pj.jpg

Edited by gunsguy

:)

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/qff8q

3 shows 2 go!! No word on if there'll b a makeup 4 Costa Rica. Though we'd obviously rather have a had a fun show we're more than thankful the very real n' serious staging problems were discovered b4 hand n' no one was hurt. We're lookin' at gettin' bk 2 a place or 2 in SA asap. Hope everyone enjoyed the shows. Big thanks 2 everyone who came out n' supported us!!

It's good to read an update from Axl's twitter. So they have the intention of going back to SA. Awesome. What country will be the lucky one? Ha.

Axl's twitter page is now verified, and he currently resides in Lake of Tranquility Lane

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere. – François de la Rochefoucauld

Guest Sweet Tooth

Looks like Pitman is going back to Rio once again haha

"Chris Pitman waiting for the weekend. <<back in Rio>> !...."

"I have to come back to Rio for some very cool Recordings with

fav Musicians there >>!!"

From his facebook account

On Friday 16th April 2010, @axlrose said:

We do hope to be able to play both Costa Rica n' Guatemala at a later date. Management n' promoters r in talks. It'd b great 4 the fans 2 b able 2 get their performance. Our apologies 4 any inconvenience this has caused. It's a crazy business n' this tour's had it's share of twists n' turns. The fans n' shows have made all the chaos n' confusion worth it in the long run. Here's 2 u!! Hope to see u in Puerto Rico!!

On Friday 16th April 2010, @axlrose said:

We do hope to be able to play both Costa Rica n' Guatemala at a later date. Management n' promoters r in talks. It'd b great 4 the fans 2 b able 2 get their performance. Our apologies 4 any inconvenience this has caused. It's a crazy business n' this tour's had it's share of twists n' turns. The fans n' shows have made all the chaos n' confusion worth it in the long run. Here's 2 u!! Hope to see u in Puerto Rico!!

Please play the show in Costa Rica, we the fans are devastated, even though iwas one of the lucky fans (actually i was the one that asked Ron to play a private concert for us), that enjoy the private concert Ron played the day of the concert.

I really don't understand why people keep responding to gnr-cupcake-dave.

Second it.

Hey Fer,

Why Robin and Brain left?

He knows but he can't answer that. Either Axl will say or Robin (highly unlikely) or Brain will have to be the ones to comment.

On topic, I think it's bad ass Axl is talking more but that whole "Killer/Stone cold" thing is not making much sense to me even after I read some Cats trying to explain it in here.

What do you personally think about their departure?

What does it matter? I love Brain, just spoke with him last week. He's doing great and all that jazz...

But in all seriousness, the band is kicking ass... playing big gigs, small gigs, talking to the public... Whatelse? It's like, stop looking for flaws, just enjoy? Woosah the worries away...

Sure Brain is doing fine. But in all seriousness, Brain did at one point fully believe he'd be on tour with Axl at some point. What happend?

Was it, Frank fitted in better?

Did Buckethead's departure affect the decision?

Was it viewed that Frank was more reliable than Brain?

I think you missed his point. The band is how it is...so who really gives a shit about "what if's." There's a million "what if's" with Guns. Just enjoy the music and the fact that these performances are off the fucking hook!

Second it.

Hey Fer,

He knows but he can't answer that. Either Axl will say or Robin (highly unlikely) or Brain will have to be the ones to comment.

On topic, I think it's bad ass Axl is talking more but that whole "Killer/Stone cold" thing is not making much sense to me even after I read some Cats trying to explain it in here.

What does it matter? I love Brain, just spoke with him last week. He's doing great and all that jazz...

But in all seriousness, the band is kicking ass... playing big gigs, small gigs, talking to the public... Whatelse? It's like, stop looking for flaws, just enjoy? Woosah the worries away...

Sure Brain is doing fine. But in all seriousness, Brain did at one point fully believe he'd be on tour with Axl at some point. What happend?

Not only are your questions stupid but you've hijacked the forum with your rehashing of old threads! Calm down dude, we don't want to have to search though pages of old shit to find the most recent news. We all agreed some time ago that better was awesome.

Second it.

Hey Fer,

Frank fit in better with brain? Where do you come up with this stuff? Seriously.

And of course BH leaving affecting brain, they were two peas in a pod.

Frank,, Ron and DJ are the black sheep of this band. They are just hired hands. Gnr is no longer a band, its just Axl and who ever he can hire.

Second it.

Hey Fer,

Frank fit in better with brain? Where do you come up with this stuff? Seriously.

And of course BH leaving affecting brain, they were two peas in a pod.

Frank,, Ron and DJ are the black sheep of this band. They are just hired hands. Gnr is no longer a band, its just Axl and who ever he can hire.

Technically, at one point you could have said the same of Tommy, Robin, Brain, and Bucket.

But Ron has been in the band since 2006 and is an awesome guy with the fans. DJ is preferable, in my opinion, to Finck on the old songs and no better/worse on the new (ok, the first This I Love performance was a bit rough but it's much improved).

And I actually prefer Frank live to Brain.

I've seen 2 shows every year GN'R has played in Canada with the new lineup, 02, 06, and 10. 2010 was the best lineup and actually seemed more like a band then any other year. The on-stage interaction between the guys... have you been to a show? DJ and Axl have a connection on stage that Axl and Bucket did not. Maybe because they're both Indiana boys, maybe DJ just has more personality than Bucket/Finck, but...

Give this lineup a chance. Let them have some time together as a band... I'd love to see, if they get the chance to write, what would come out of it!

And to Fernando - awesome Woosah reference!

Guest RonMexico82

What is this topic about again? I'm not a mod but if I was I'd be swinging left right and centre with the banhammer.