Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Frank,, Ron and DJ are the black sheep of this band. They are just hired hands. Gnr is no longer a band, its just Axl and who ever he can hire.

I disagree. I think you can make arguments as to whether they're as talented as who they replaced but I'm firmly of the view that this is the most organic the band has seemed since the old guys - the current lineup has the best chemistry on stage by far - just look at how often they jam and interact with each other on stage!

Brain? Yeah, definately a better drummer than Frank, but if anyone was ever in GN'R for a paycheque it was him... he's always been the one that's seemed the most distant from what was going on to me. I'm not the biggest fan of Frank's drumming but I feel like he fits into the mould of the band better than Brain ever did. His heart seems in it at the very least.

Frank,, Ron and DJ are the black sheep of this band. They are just hired hands. Gnr is no longer a band, its just Axl and who ever he can hire.

I disagree. I think you can make arguments as to whether they're as talented as who they replaced but I'm firmly of the view that this is the most organic the band has seemed since the old guys - the current lineup has the best chemistry on stage by far - just look at how often they jam and interact with each other on stage!

Brain? Yeah, definately a better drummer than Frank, but if anyone was ever in GN'R for a paycheque it was him... he's always been the one that's seemed the most distant from what was going on to me. I'm not the biggest fan of Frank's drumming but I feel like he fits into the mould of the band better than Brain ever did. His heart seems in it at the very least.

Dave you can say whatever you want but It is clear that this is the best line up yet! And you know I am a big Robin supporter but this mix of guys works. Sure they are hired guns at first, but it is clear that they are working together better then any previous group of guys. So can we just sit back and injoy?

I've seen 2 shows every year GN'R has played in Canada with the new lineup, 02, 06, and 10. 2010 was the best lineup and actually seemed more like a band then any other year. The on-stage interaction between the guys... have you been to a show? DJ and Axl have a connection on stage that Axl and Bucket did not. Maybe because they're both Indiana boys, maybe DJ just has more personality than Bucket/Finck, but...

I agree. This last lineup has a good interaction on stage. The addition of DJ was a very good decision. It's true what you say about Fink and Bucket. They great were great guitarists, they didn't have a good interaction with the rest of the band on stage.

On Friday 16th April 2010, @axlrose said:

We do hope to be able to play both Costa Rica n' Guatemala at a later date. Management n' promoters r in talks. It'd b great 4 the fans 2 b able 2 get their performance. Our apologies 4 any inconvenience this has caused. It's a crazy business n' this tour's had it's share of twists n' turns. The fans n' shows have made all the chaos n' confusion worth it in the long run. Here's 2 u!! Hope to see u in Puerto Rico!!

Please play the show in Costa Rica, we the fans are devastated, even though iwas one of the lucky fans (actually i was the one that asked Ron to play a private concert for us), that enjoy the private concert Ron played the day of the concert.

You must be very sad. Poor fans. I hope they can reach an agreement.

Is this the real Axl ??? or Others just playing as him !!!

Anyway, it's good to hear that Axl can be so calm n relax in this freaky situation and just move on !!!

By the way, when will I hear an original hard rock sound from GnR again??

I'm sick of The Music industry offer lately ...

Please help me GOD ... :shrugs:

Everyone remind Bumble to buy stamps today!

On Sunday 18th April 2010, @bumblefoot said:

Trying to settle back to 'normal' life - unpacking, going through a stack of mail, doing laundry, food shopping, seeing a live musical nude performance of 'Caligula' in NYC with the wife & some Penthouse Pets, backing up computer files, cleaning the house... 'normal' stuff. What to do tomorrow, hmmmm... maybe get a new phone, force myself to start exercising every day again, hit the studio... oh, and I gotta get to the Post Office Monday & mail a bunch of stuff out... and STAMPS, I need stamps!! Everyone please remind me on Monday to "GET STAMPS", I can't forget. Please put the word out, retweet, trend it, whatever you wacky interweb folks do with your Twitter thing, I need 100,000 people to remind me on Monday to "GET STAMPS" !!!

PS - have you not heard?

Trying to settle back to 'normal' life - unpacking, going through a stack of mail, doing laundry, food shopping, seeing a live musical nude performance of 'Caligula' in NYC with the wife & some Penthouse Pets, backing up computer files, cleaning the house... 'normal' stuff. What to do tomorrow, hmmmm... maybe get a new phone, force myself to start exercising every day again, hit the studio... oh, and I gotta get to the Post Office Monday & mail a bunch of stuff out... and STAMPS, I need stamps!! Everyone please remind me on Monday to "GET STAMPS", I can't forget. Please put the word out, retweet, trend it, whatever you wacky interweb folks do with your Twitter thing, I need 100,000 people to remind me on Monday to "GET STAMPS" !!!

PS - have you not heard?

I KNEW that was going to be a Family Guy link! :lol: That sequence is so awesome! :rofl-lol:

Edited by Spoon87

PS - have you not heard?

He probably needs to mail his contributions to the final version of CD2 to Axl in order for a pre-summer release!!! :D (JK, before anybody takes me serious)

If needs be they may well have to ship their gear out as soon as possible and just keep it locked up in Europe, the only issue then would be getting the personel and you don't strictly need a plane for that.

I can only assume if the volcano wont stop there are other ways to fly close just might take longer... fly south and get as close as can then buses and transports

Unlike Jumbo's, light aircraft are un affected. always an option.

true and unlike commercial airlines I am sure private jets, maybe expensive but would be able to at least get them close enough. Anyway I am sure they will figure out something even as a back up to make this happen

Unlike Jumbo's, light aircraft are un affected. always an option.

true and unlike commercial airlines I am sure private jets, maybe expensive but would be able to at least get them close enough. Anyway I am sure they will figure out something even as a back up to make this happen

True but if the airports are closed they can't do anything private jet or not.

Easiest way to do it would either be fly south and get connection to somewhere in Africa and then from their to Europe.

Or so what a few cricket teams are doing to get to a tournament in the Carribbean and fly to/from Dubai and then to Europe from there.

Guns N' Roses Twitter:

# just chillin and hopin that there Volcano stops smokin up the European sky, by June at least! about 16 hours ago via web

lots of buzz & ashes in the air!!! stay tuned 4 news here @twitter + our pages @facebook http://bit.ly/8X8Bu7 & @myspace http://bit.ly/ejJG about 1 hour ago via web

this second quote i saw today on twitter, at first i thought maybe they would announce a new album or something but i realize it definitely related to the volcano

Lot of aviation experts on this board. :xmasssanta:

Didn't you know, as soon as you sign up on mygnr, you automatically become an expert on almost everything!

Edit:

Cool picture! Where's that from? Or is it recent, as in, now after that leg of the tour?

Edited by Spoon87

Bumblefoot:

On Wednesday 21st April 2010, @bumblefoot said:

Just signed and mailed the contracts for the re-release of my first album, "The Adventures Of Bumblefoot" - instrumental album released in '95, been out-of-print for years... I'll be selling autographed copies of the album once everything is good to go.

I spent 6 months writing out the notation, TAB, fingers, picking, and funny noises for every guitar track on every song of that album, printed it out and plan to release a 200-page transcription book to coincide with the re-release of the album. All will be available later this year, exclusively at BaldFreak.com (my official web store) Will keep you posted as things move forward.

So, what's next...? More GNR touring? Another Bumblefoot album? An instrumental album? Instructional DVD? Hot sauce? Apps? Bumblefoot tours? Clinics? Classes? Producing more bands at my studio? Co-writing? Guest guitar solos on albums? Guest guitarist with other bands on tour? Radio/mag/TV interviews? Meet-n-greets? Cartoon voice-overs? TV/movie roles? TV/movie music? What to do next........

Edited by wreckless

Bumblefoot:

Just signed and mailed the contracts for the re-release of my first album, "The Adventures Of Bumblefoot" - instrumental album released in '95, been out-of-print for years... I'll be selling autographed copies of the album once everything is good to go.

I spent 6 months writing out the notation, TAB, fingers, picking, and funny noises for every guitar track on every song of that album, printed it out and plan to release a 200-page transcription book to coincide with the re-release of the album. All will be available later this year, exclusively at BaldFreak.com (my official web store) Will keep you posted as things move forward.

So, what's next...? More GNR touring? Another Bumblefoot album? An instrumental album? Instructional DVD? Hot sauce? Apps? Bumblefoot tours? Clinics? Classes? Producing more bands at my studio? Co-writing? Guest guitar solos on albums? Guest guitarist with other bands on tour? Radio/mag/TV interviews? Meet-n-greets? Cartoon voice-overs? TV/movie roles? TV/movie music? What to do next........

I like the way he leaves out new Guns album, for fear of fans going "omfg".

Bumblefoot:

I'll check that out.

It would be cool if he brought out tab books for his Normal and Abnormal CDs too.

guns twitted this about a coupe of hours ago

ok... times to go take care of some biznezz...you all have a great w/e and oh yeah.. don't forget to follow @axlrose ;) peace!!!

Some biznezz ey Axl? I like the sound of that!

I'm feeling all warm n fuzzy. Taking care of some business, Universal around the corner of his hotel, here's to hoping for 'same batcave, same place, 2 years later'. :thumbsup: