Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Guest gunns5

N@H M@N t3h sp43k1n on d GnR twtr is S0 3L1T3, AM1R1T3?

But seriously, im guessing fernando does the gnr twitter updates right, well at least since jarmos phone got 5 fingered

Edited by gunns5

Bumblefoot:

On Wednesday 21st April 2010, @bumblefoot said:

Just signed and mailed the contracts for the re-release of my first album, "The Adventures Of Bumblefoot" - instrumental album released in '95, been out-of-print for years... I'll be selling autographed copies of the album once everything is good to go.

I spent 6 months writing out the notation, TAB, fingers, picking, and funny noises for every guitar track on every song of that album, printed it out and plan to release a 200-page transcription book to coincide with the re-release of the album. All will be available later this year, exclusively at BaldFreak.com (my official web store) Will keep you posted as things move forward.

So, what's next...? More GNR touring? Another Bumblefoot album? An instrumental album? Instructional DVD? Hot sauce? Apps? Bumblefoot tours? Clinics? Classes? Producing more bands at my studio? Co-writing? Guest guitar solos on albums? Guest guitarist with other bands on tour? Radio/mag/TV interviews? Meet-n-greets? Cartoon voice-overs? TV/movie roles? TV/movie music? What to do next........

From that options, besides GNR tour (and of course, new GNR album would be best) I would fuckin prefer some instrumental music from bumble. That would be cool.

Bumblefoot:

On Wednesday 21st April 2010, @bumblefoot said:

Just signed and mailed the contracts for the re-release of my first album, "The Adventures Of Bumblefoot" - instrumental album released in '95, been out-of-print for years... I'll be selling autographed copies of the album once everything is good to go.

I spent 6 months writing out the notation, TAB, fingers, picking, and funny noises for every guitar track on every song of that album, printed it out and plan to release a 200-page transcription book to coincide with the re-release of the album. All will be available later this year, exclusively at BaldFreak.com (my official web store) Will keep you posted as things move forward.

So, what's next...? More GNR touring? Another Bumblefoot album? An instrumental album? Instructional DVD? Hot sauce? Apps? Bumblefoot tours? Clinics? Classes? Producing more bands at my studio? Co-writing? Guest guitar solos on albums? Guest guitarist with other bands on tour? Radio/mag/TV interviews? Meet-n-greets? Cartoon voice-overs? TV/movie roles? TV/movie music? What to do next........

Personally I think Ron deserves most of that, he is a fuckin legend and should be more of a rock icon, I'd love for him to get some more exposure and recognition that would elevate him to the level of supreme guitar hero ultimo.

Guest Volver

u notice? Lake of Tranquility Lane ------------- location? Two questions, no answer needed. Looking forward to hear them live in Europe. Go Guns!

A couple interesting things from the twitter responses...

someone said "So is @EverythingZen psychic because you're in fact gonna play Estranged in the near future?"

GNR replied with "@leeahlecaros yep.. playin it right now!"

I bet we hear Estranged this year.

Tommy's Blog

Hello Peoples,

All things considered, I’d say South America was a success! I have a few new scars, one less bass, one less favorite coat (damn thieving baggage handlers!), a few less brain cells, and a new appreciation for Cipro. I have seen a lot of beautiful places and people on this tour, and only a few not-so-much.

The shows were a lot of fun. We played to a lot more of you than I expected we would. I really want to thank all of you who braved the elements and everything else to see the show.

I also want to thank our crew for enduring the beating. This was a huge show to put together and they made it happen under some of the worst circumstances imaginable, except where it was truly impossible to do so, LOL.

I’m still sifting through footage of my adventures, so stay tuned for more videos. Additionally, in the coming weeks I’ll be doing some live video streaming for you guys, where I’ll answer some of your questions.

I’m also going to be doing an online fundraiser with some fabulous prizes (one of my GnR basses, a couple of retired plaid suits, and more) to help raise money for an organization called Timkatec, who have built and maintained trade schools for the poor and homeless kids in Haiti for over ten years. They need our help now more than ever since the earthquake. The people of Haiti will need our assistance in rebuilding their schools, hospitals, and cities for years to come, and this is just one small way to help. I hope all of you will join me in the effort. I will be rewarding those that participate with a free download of the first track off of my upcoming solo record.

Other mentionables — I’m going to Memphis soon to record with Luther and Cody Dickinson for fun, and then I’m off to LA to mix some songs for my solo record.

Woah!

See you all in Europe!

Love,

Tommy

http://tommystinson.com/tommys-blog/

Tommy is awesome.

Really enjoyed his Chinese Democracy tour videos, hope the new footage is equally is good.

Furthermore, his live stream questions is a fantastic idea, and much respect is due to the man if this actually goes through considering the debacle of the 'ask the band questions' of 2008/9.

Looks like they went to Vegas. Sorry if already posted. DJ's Facebook yesterday:

"Flying the Guns N' Roses private jet, with Axl cracking jokes in the back!! Lmfao!!

Heading to Vegas!! Gonna put my soul on black n' let it ride!! Ha! Can't wait to stop by and see my memorabilia display at the hard rock!! Hope your all great!!"

Tommy's Blog

Hello Peoples,

All things considered, I’d say South America was a success! I have a few new scars, one less bass, one less favorite coat (damn thieving baggage handlers!), a few less brain cells, and a new appreciation for Cipro. I have seen a lot of beautiful places and people on this tour, and only a few not-so-much.

The shows were a lot of fun. We played to a lot more of you than I expected we would. I really want to thank all of you who braved the elements and everything else to see the show.

I also want to thank our crew for enduring the beating. This was a huge show to put together and they made it happen under some of the worst circumstances imaginable, except where it was truly impossible to do so, LOL.

I’m still sifting through footage of my adventures, so stay tuned for more videos. Additionally, in the coming weeks I’ll be doing some live video streaming for you guys, where I’ll answer some of your questions.

I’m also going to be doing an online fundraiser with some fabulous prizes (one of my GnR basses, a couple of retired plaid suits, and more) to help raise money for an organization called Timkatec, who have built and maintained trade schools for the poor and homeless kids in Haiti for over ten years. They need our help now more than ever since the earthquake. The people of Haiti will need our assistance in rebuilding their schools, hospitals, and cities for years to come, and this is just one small way to help. I hope all of you will join me in the effort. I will be rewarding those that participate with a free download of the first track off of my upcoming solo record.

Other mentionables — I’m going to Memphis soon to record with Luther and Cody Dickinson for fun, and then I’m off to LA to mix some songs for my solo record.

Woah!

See you all in Europe!

Love,

Tommy

http://tommystinson.com/tommys-blog/

He had fun in SA. Cool!

I'll wait for those vids

question:

how do i ask a question on twitter? Do I have to write @gunsnroses and then they'll see it? I do this as a regular tweet, right? Not a "private message" sorta thing?

They'll see it. I don't know if soon is the word, But they'll see it.

question:

how do i ask a question on twitter? Do I have to write @gunsnroses and then they'll see it? I do this as a regular tweet, right? Not a "private message" sorta thing?

what question are you gonna ask them?

question:

I think so.. you must write @gunsnroses

good deal. i think you're right. thank you, karlos.

question:

They'll see it. I don't know if soon is the word, But they'll see it.

haha pretty good, pretty good.

question:

what question are you gonna ask them?

i don't know. probably something most here wouldn't like (meaning, it would have to do with what type of jeans axl wears or if those red sneakers he was seen wearing outside essex house were nike sb's or something).

also, this is my first attempt at using the "multiquote" feature. Might come out like shit... warning in advance.

Apparently Tommy is in studio doing some mixing.

Tommy Stinson

Just got to the studio...ready to mix. http://yfrog.com/036gej

Is he mixing a new GNR CD or his solo CD???

Soon is the word??

I doubt he'd say if it was Guns. That's if Axl even let's him near the computer.

Its not for Guns, it must be for any solo project

yeah its definitely for his solo project, idk why he would be mixing a gnr album and hopefully people will not make this into another new gnr album thread

Apparently Tommy is in studio doing some mixing.

Tommy Stinson

Just got to the studio...ready to mix. http://yfrog.com/036gej

Is he mixing a new GNR CD or his solo CD???

Soon is the word??

I doubt he'd say if it was Guns. That's if Axl even let's him near the computer.

Its not for Guns, it must be for any solo project

yeah its definitely for his solo project, idk why he would be mixing a gnr album and hopefully people will not make this into another new gnr album thread

That seems to have died out so I wouldn't worry.

Edited by plonker88