Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Just now, killuridols said:

Definitely!

I wanna hear the lyrics to that song.. What does it mean F.P. Money?

I don't know, I can understand that part of the lyrics, but he does sing sth about "a band of gold" , sth about "illusions" and that he is taking "the long way home"...

Something tells me we will not be seeing Izzy as a guest at any concert in this tour....

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

lol Izzy and Sorum are the two rejects from reunited GNR now :lol:

Expect Velvet Revolver Part 2 pretty soon on your iTunes thingy! :rofl-lol:

Izzy, Gilby, Sorum, Tommy and Myles. I'd listen

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, GibsonLP said:

Do the lyrics say, "they can fall apart with money, it's a band of gold"?

I have no idea what he is saying. It could be that or it could be something about a pile of money? Its a plane of gold? Yeah, I don't know. 

ETA:

@BorderlineCrazy I am glad I'm not the only one who heard "pile of money" 

Edited by sanity_lost

5 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Bitter or not, who cares? If that gives him the motivation to write and release new songs, then that's great.

Also, if he's bitter, shame on the "big 3". You don't leave Izzy Stardlin out of GNR if he wants to come back. You just don't!

For me it seems like Slash and Duff have no reason to object to Izzy being back in the band, but they know Axl really doesnt want to just drop Frank and Fortus like that because they have been loyal to him for so long , he always mentions stuff like Fortus being in GNR for 14 years and Frank having his 10 year anniversary on stage too etc. He didnt even want to let DJ Ashba go with slash returning, DJ made that decision by himself to leave. There really is no hope unless Fortus resigns by himself, and why would he do that? Its the gig of his life with slash and duff being back

I am also not too sure about Adler having a guest spot because Axl might feel its better not to let him appear at all since he knows people would rather have Steven be on drums and him only having a guest spot in the band he formed being bull.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, oaka said:

I don't know, I can understand that part of the lyrics, but he does sing sth about "a band of gold" , sth about "illusions" and that he is taking "the long way home"...

Something tells me we will not be seeing Izzy as a guest at any concert in this tour....

lol really?

:lol: what a lame-o

3 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

Izzy, Gilby, Sorum, Tommy and Myles. I'd listen

Myles?? Uuggh noooo :scared:

Nah Tommy is no part of that gang. No way, haha

20 minutes ago, GibsonLP said:

Do the lyrics say, "they can fall apart with money, it's a band of gold"?

I'm sure about the "fall apart" thing but he does sing sth about "illusions" ... I am wondering who that jab is directed for, it's not clear enough...:P:P

Can't say I expected Izzy to be so bitter, it took me by surprise, but then again it's GNR where everything can happen..:lol:

Guns N Roses need to pick up Adler before it's too late. I think they drop Frank trade him to Adler's Appetite, we get Adler. A fan favorite 

Izzy N Sorum need to pick up Myles and the Conspirators in free agency to combat Slash and tear him a part. 

It will be the fight of the century at the 2017 VMA's

I love playing Fantasy Bands! 

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Guns N Roses need to pick up Adler before it's too late. I think they drop Frank trade him to Adler's Appetite, we get Adler. A fan favorite 

Izzy N Sorum need to pick up Myles and the Conspirators in free agency to combat Slash and tear him a part. 

It will be the fight of the century at the 2017 VMA's

I love playing Fantasy Bands! 

Buckethead, Robin, Bumblefoot, Brain, Tommy, Pitman and Blackmore's Ronnie Romero

8 minutes ago, oaka said:

I'm sure about the "fall apart" thing but he does sing sth about "illusions" ... I am wondering who that jab is directed for, it's not clear enough...:P:P

Can't say I expected Izzy to be so bitter, it took me by surprise, but then again it's GNR where everything can happen..:lol:

Did Izzy say the lyrics were about the reunion guys or are people just speculating?

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Oh God! What if Axl/DC was Axl's game winning plan to destroy Guns N Roses once and for all! He has every member fighting each other now...we've been tricked!

I always said that and people laughed at me :max:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

For me it seems like Slash and Duff have no reason to object to Izzy being back in the band, but they know Axl really doesnt want to just drop Frank and Fortus like that because they have been loyal to him for so long , he always mentions stuff like Fortus being in GNR for 14 years and Frank having his 10 year anniversary on stage too etc. He didnt even want to let DJ Ashba go with slash returning, DJ made that decision by himself to leave. There really is no hope unless Fortus resigns by himself, and why would he do that? Its the gig of his life with slash and duff being back

I am also not too sure about Adler having a guest spot because Axl might feel its better not to let him appear at all since he knows people would rather have Steven be on drums and him only having a guest spot in the band he formed being bull.

If Izzy wanted to come back, then Slash and especially Duff should have fought for it. Otherwise, if loyalty to Fortus was more important, then they should have dropped all the songs written by Izzy and play Richard's stuff.

Anyways, I'm not even sure Izzy really wants to come back. Maybe he's just talking advantage of the GNR thing to play with us and have people listening to his new music.

3 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Buckethead, Robin, Bumblefoot, Brain, Tommy, Pitman and Blackmore's Ronnie Romero

Holy Shit! I see them coming out in futuristic space costumes playing music from the year 2080, and approaching gnr and Izzy n sorum like the news team fight in anchorman 

11 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

If Izzy wanted to come back, then Slash and especially Duff should have fought for it. Otherwise, if loyalty to Fortus was more important, then they should have dropped all the songs written by Izzy and play Richard's stuff.

Anyways, I'm not even sure Izzy really wants to come back. Maybe he's just talking advantage of the GNR thing to play with us and have people listening to his new music.

We dont know though if Izzy really told any of them he wanted to return, there may never even was any contact to Izzy at all in this whole process. Im thinking they just didnt ask him (yet?) since Fortus is in the band. Even if they didnt, I remain optimistic Izzy will get a call during writing for a new album at latest, he was one of the main songwriters and wrote a great deal of the iconic material afterall. And for the fans, of course. They called him for VR aswell

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I hear "they can find a pile of money" but who knows? :P

Hope there are many more songs coming from Izzy. Everything he does is extremely cool!

You're probably right, I'm terrible at hearing lyrics