Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

15 hours ago, GibsonLP said:

Izzy is awesome. In terms of him ever returning to the band, I dont think it's going to happen unless Richard was to leave on his own. I certainly don't think Axl will fire him, because Axl is loyal to those who are loyal to him and Richard has been nothing but professional at all times as far as I can tell, and he seems like a great guy as well as a top musician. But if Richard were to decide he's moving on I bet Izzy would get the call

Axl has gotten a lot of flack for some people for keeping a few my-guns in the band instead of bringing back Izzy and Adler. 

But he should get some credit for showing loyalty to Fortus and Frank. Those two guys stuck by his side for more than a decade. So it's perfectly understandable that he wouldn't just kick them to the curb. 

I would like to believe the narrative that GnR had an opening for a bass player and guitar player so Axl brought back Slash and Duff....as opposed to the idea that Izzy/Adler/Sorum weren't brought back so Axl/Slash/Izzy wouldn't have to split the money with two more classic members. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Pls peruse the women discussion section to even remotely mention anything related to Axl's looks or appearance. Any chattering about Axl other than his performance is strictly banned here :lol:

Oops! Just an observation based on the social media pictures posted of him haha

15 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Pls peruse the women discussion section to even remotely mention anything related to Axl's looks or appearance. Any chattering about Axl other than his performance is strictly banned here :lol:

Not really. 

Surely you see the difference between "Axl looks in shape" or "Axl looks great" as compared to "OMG he is so sexy?❤️????. I just melt and get moist when he takes his glasses off and those sexy eyes penetrate my soul." 

Some people love and respect Axl as a singer and musician and for what he has accomplished in the music world and find it a little disrespectful for people to sexually objectify him and treat him like a piece of meat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl would be looking incredible if he could just drop that beer gut, he's actually not fat bc you see straight on pics of him and he looks great! But I am happy with his fashion sense this year. The pics people are getting are much better than 11-14

In Mrs. Duff's vid from on stage..she turns the camera to Axl...and there's quite the gut.. A rnr frontman would look better without it.

Edited by AFGnR

1 hour ago, nonok said:

Yep, I love Axl and Slash together, I love the music they put out together, I love the fact that it's real and not just some cash grab reunion, and I love when people capable of creating awesome things put aside petty feuds and realize what's way more important - moving on and letting go of negative stains on your history. I know you're one of the biggest pragmatics on this forum so I don't expect you to relate to my excitement, but nitpicking at a figure of speech is just plain idiotic.

Lol. 

Nitpicking at a figure of speech? The rant you just gave shows it's more than just a figure of speech for you.

And a picture of two guys smiling doesn't prove that "cash" isn't s huge part of this semi-reunion. It's been reported the band is getting paid $3 million per show. Axl will make more money in a week than most people will make in their entire lifetimes. Money is a factor.

And I'm glad about all the other things that you just said. But I have that "gladness" for the entire human population. Two super rich rock stars putting aside their feud is a cool thing. Good for them. I'm glad they are happy. I hope everybody in the world is happy. I'm just different than you in how much effect is has in my life.

Two compete strangers becoming friends again is a highlight of your life - cool. Just for me personally, those two being friends ranks about 12,937 on my life highlight list. To each their own, though. You don't have to get mad because others don't share your love of these two musicians personal life. I love the music that GnR puts out.

Now if this group recorded and released an album - I will buy it the second it comes out. And it will no doubt make my top twenty highlight list of the year. 

We are both diehard fans of GnR. We just love different aspects of the band. Im here for the music. I'm going to go put Chinese democracy on and clean my kitchen. Then taking the kids to a waterpark for a day of fun. Going to be 90 today. 

Hope you have a fantastic day  

Edited by Apollo

54 minutes ago, action said:

for some of us it does, yes. i can say with confidence, that life has gotten a bit more interesting with those three (not two, you forgot duff) friends again.

Cool. I'm glad their friendship has made your life more interesting. I am not friends with any of the guys so it hasn't had that big of an effect on me personally. 

Plus I was around in the 80s, so I saw and grew up with GnR in their prime. This semi-reunion is cool, but I've seen the Big Three play together live and I've seen them play on YouTube hundreds if not thousands of times. So seeing them okay Mr Brownstone in 2016 isn't that thrilling for me. 

BUT if this group actually releases a new album and shares new music with their fans - then you will see Apollo acting and posting like a little teenage school girl. 

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

@Apollo take it easy? lol

I'm about to go outside and play with the kids!

I hope you all have a fantastic day. 

And like I said. If Axl ever decides to share music with his fans again you'll see me acting like a teenage school girl on here. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2016 at 2:24 PM, night prowler said:

well...him i knew about...

the other...baby girl...was news...lets say im not as up to date as the rest of you .... im just peeking in from the ac/dc room a bit further down the hall ..we dont have anything goin right now so i juts thought i have a look see.... :) 

the ac/dc room? what is this? i keep trying to go to the ac/dc forum, they finally ok'ed me after what i can only assume was a strenuous and complete security check :)  it's just hard to follow and we know how technologically challenged i am, for a demon super hacker anyway....JUST KIDDING!! :P

23 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Cool. I'm glad their friendship has made your life more interesting. I am not friends with any of the guys so it hasn't had that big of an effect on me personally. 

Plus I was around in the 80s, so I saw and grew up with GnR in their prime. This semi-reunion is cool, but I've seen the Big Three play together live and I've seen them play on YouTube hundreds if not thousands of times. So seeing them okay Mr Brownstone in 2016 isn't that thrilling for me. 

BUT if this group actually releases a new album and shares new music with their fans - then you will see Apollo acting and posting like a little teenage school girl. 

it's all cool man.

i just though you were acting a bit like a downer, that is all.

/peace

19 minutes ago, jpduff said:

BUT AXL WASN'T AT REHEARSALS!!! HE MUST CARE ABOUT AC/DC MORE!!! 

or at least that's what a lot of people wanted to whine about in the week leading up to the show... 

• Like 3

I haven't stopped watching this video from the moment they released it!! ☺ seeing them together, working on their show, a GNR show, the opener of their NA tour makes me instantly happy. I need these moments of happiness. ?

Edited by oaka
  • Like 2