SLASH says CD was the perfect AXL record

supercool

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash: I’m more standoffish because I know how vehemently he hates me. So that sort of makes me doubt it. But if we ran into each other and all that animosity were to pass for a second, then I’m sure we could have an interesting conversation.

Does it seem like a bit of a back handed compliment? Yes, he thinks Axl is phenominal, but 'he hates me' making himself the victim again, like he never had any part in the problems.

Having said that, I'm not sure what else he can say when they keep bringing it up in interviews. Maybe he could leave it at 'we've gone our separate ways'.

I find it interesting that Slash was being honest to the questions answered and, even complimented Axl on ChiDem, yet Axlites are so paranoid that they have to overanalyze the interview to try to find something negative.

Slash was just being honest what exactly did he say which was not true or negative towards Axl?

1. The album is exacly what he expected from Axl based on how the UYI albums went... Axl's music was evolving even during the AFD days, see November Rain which missed the cut on AFD, and it has become more complex...Is this not true?

2. ChiDem is a dark album..again is this not true...he was not criticzing Axl's music just making an observation...

3. He commented on how Axl hates him.........He was honestly answering about the chances of him and Axl talking again..he was not being a victim as Axl has made it very clear he hates him......

I admire Slash for answering these questions honestly while being respectful to Axl...............don't see Axl ever giving Slash the same courtesy..............

Man, I am so tired of this all or nothing, infantile type of discussion that keeps happening. If you disagree with anything Slash says, then you're an Axlite who hates Slash. Hey, I love my kid, but I still call him on his crap. Why don't you try to have a conversation, presenting differing viewpoints instead of just jumping to the accusations which you did right off the bat in your post. If you read further, I did suggest that I wasn't sure what else he could do since they kept bringing it up. It's a pretty narrow view of the GnR world to require categorization as a Slashite or Axlite. I actually don't read much that puts many members in one or the other. Most seem to appreciate a lot about both of these guys.

Open your mind a bit.

I think the comments Slash made are submimal attacks on Axl and his entourage. I feel he is degrading Axl, Beta, Bach, Jarmo, and Del James. This is unacceptable. Slash better not make anymore Axl comments while promoting his new album. Why doesn't he let the album sell itself like Axl did? You don't see Axl doing these interviews. He only interviews with close friends and that is how it should be. Slash had nothing to do with Guns N' Roses.

-The Newest Axlite

PS - I am really 18 years old, I live in my parents basement.

Very funny.

Slashites couldn't accept the fact Slash called Axl great in the last interview, so they cried he was being being politically correct and actually meant quite the opposite. :rolleyes:

"I’m more standoffish because I know how vehemently he hates me"

Seriously, what a damn shame.

yeah

Seriously, yeah.

crying-baby-726264.jpg

I agree with Slash.

CD is perfect and Axl is fuckin' phenomenal.

CD is the product of a neurotic, psychotic, bi-polar 10 year old who can't seem to let go of the past, so he writes songs like Sorry and Shackler's Revenge.

"I know you don't wanna hear me cryin'

An I know you don't wanna hear me deny

That your satisfaction lies in your illusions

But your delusions are yours and not mine

We take for granted we know the whole story

We judge a book by its cover

And read what we want

Between selected lines"

That was aimed at the press was it not?

Wait...what? When did Axl reach "train-wreck" status?

Wide%20Eyed%20Axl.jpg

i see no train wreck in this picture. i see a guy who is at a led zeppelin dvd release party; who looks healthy; who never had an addiction to alcohol or substances; and a guy who fronts Guns N' Roses. Just a few admirable things about him. I could go on.

Slash said some nice words about Axl, and that was very gracious of him.

That's all that's happened. Everything else in this thread is horse shit.

LP

Wait...what? When did Axl reach "train-wreck" status?

Wide%20Eyed%20Axl.jpg

i see no train wreck in this picture. i see a guy who is at a led zeppelin dvd release party; who looks healthy; who never had an addiction to alcohol or substances; and a guy who fronts Guns N' Roses. Just a few admirable things about him. I could go on.

Agree.

I also see some weird eyebrows.

LP

I agree with Slash.

CD is the product of a neurotic, psychotic, bi-polar 10 year old who can't seem to let go of the past, so he writes songs like Sorry and Shackler's Revenge.

And read what we want

Between selected lines"

It works on many levels.

I agree with Slash.

And read what we want

Between selected lines"

It works on many levels.

Well yeah but you could say that about ANY lyric/writing. I'd rather go with the intended meaning of the author, personally

I think the comments Slash made are submimal attacks on Axl and his entourage. I feel he is degrading Axl, Beta, Bach, Jarmo, and Del James. This is unacceptable. Slash better not make anymore Axl comments while promoting his new album. Why doesn't he let the album sell itself like Axl did? You don't see Axl doing these interviews. He only interviews with close friends and that is how it should be. Slash had nothing to do with Guns N' Roses.

-The Newest Axlite

PS - I am really 18 years old, I live in my parents basement.

:lol:

I agree with Slash.

And read what we want

Between selected lines"

Yes it was-and beats out all slash's mediocre lyrics-

Can we Please have the slash promotion done in the proper section mods? Before this turns into what the last one did? I don't cupcake the former members sections,,why do they have to cupcake this one?

I don't care what slash says,does, because he will inevitably contradict himself the next day or so. LOL slash

I wish Slash would shut the fuck up .

SECONDED!!

Can we Please have the slash promotion done in the proper section mods? Before this turns into what the last one did? I don't cupcake the former members sections,,why do they have to cupcake this one?

this is a thread about Chinese Democracy. media mentions of ChiDem belong in the main section.

Back from Easter holidays, checking the forum - and? Same old story one more time. And with the usual suspects ...

It's all in your mind. Nothing of this probably has got anything to do with the real story. I just happend to have read Nick Hornby's 'Juliet, naked' (bought it because I was bored waiting for a flight that got cancelled in the end) about forum people discussing lots of theories taken for granted about a reclusive rockstar who disappeared 20 years ago. It is sooooo funny! I could have bet Mr. Hornby got his inspiration in this forum! :rofl-lol:

Unnecessary to mention that the truth tuned out to be very, very, very far off the fan theories. :rolleyes:

Edited by Granny

this is a thread about Chinese Democracy. media mentions of ChiDem belong in the main section.

No dude, this is the next and unfortunately not new Axl vs Slash / old vs current GNR :rolleyes:

Slash: Im more standoffish because I know how vehemently he hates me. So that sort of makes me doubt it. But if we ran into each other and all that animosity were to pass for a second, then Im sure we could have an interesting conversation.

Does it seem like a bit of a back handed compliment? Yes, he thinks Axl is phenominal, but 'he hates me' making himself the victim again, like he never had any part in the problems.

Of course it was.

Any interviewer, worth a damn, next question would have been, "Why?"

Edited by SunnyDRE

Paul Tobias farted all the melodies to all the songs on appetite and use your illusion in the school bathroom.

Axl, age 10, heard them and dreamed up the concept of Guns N' Roses.

since then Axl has had a rotating band of inconsequential musicians.

every one knows Rock music is all about vocals.

Rock is basically vocals with some other stuff that nobody cares about. vocals, a few keyboard players, etc.

Edited by John Bonham

Paul Tobias farted all the melodies to all the songs on appetite and use your illusion in the school bathroom.

Axl, age 10, heard them and dreamed up the concept of Guns N' Roses.

since then Axl has had a rotating band of inconsequential musicians.

every one knows Rock music is all about vocals.

Rock is basically vocals with some other stuff that nobody cares about. vocals, a few keyboard players, etc.

Agreed

I agree with Slash.

And read what we want

Between selected lines"

Yes it was-and beats out all slash's mediocre lyrics-

I don't care what slash says,does, because he will inevitably contradict himself the next day or so. LOL slash

I wish Slash would shut the fuck up .

SECONDED!!

this whole post is a contradiction

DJ Ashba invented the Welcome to the Jungle riff, and the SCOM riff. Slash stole them. Also the guitar riff of Paradise City, was invented by Bumblefoot. Right?

(sigh) dont know why i clicked on this thread.

i personally am sick and dont give a fuck about slash talking about CD/Axl anymore.

maybe in the summer of 2008 or 2007 or 2003-2004 i'd slightly care ( because theres no nuGNR news) but not now.

this is the greatest time for new GNR, Axl on the top of his game etc

BUT u guys can keep workin on your anti Axl Slashite comedy material, if thats what makes u happy in life.

Just remember its not gonna bring about a reunion. Every joke u make against Axl or insult against him or the new band just widens the gap for a reunion between the two.

and because a reunion would simply be giving in to people who bash axl yet want a reunion like u people

I'm perfectly fine with that.

Edited by Lose Your Illusions

Who's to blame for having so many idiotic worshippers on GNR forums?

GNR's fanbase has never been the smartest in the world, but since 2001 it has become absolutely ridiculous and embarrassing.

Edited by axlfan88