SLASH says CD was the perfect AXL record

supercool

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To bad there are no good journalists, worth a damn.

Next time axl does any interview, the reporter should reference this interview and ask axl if he does hate slash.

I think thats probaly whats going to happen. These two keep up with each other.......their twitters, their interviews etc. The read each other's press.

When that happens, it will be interesting to see what axl says.

I think slash is starting to really try and test the reunion waters......if you will.

Guest floyd the barber

Yeah, it's kind of a big 'fuck you' to Slash when Axl uses the GN'R name to write hate mail like Sorry, but I figured it really doesn't matter since this version of GN'R isn't mainstream popular and Sorry was terrible anyway. I think deep inside Axl realizes some of this which is why he still plays mostly classics.

actually the CD tour has been saturated with CD tracks and sorry is usually the 4-5th song played.

I stand corrected.

Regardless, Axl's version of GN'R is a mere shadow of the true band once was, and I think he realizes that a lot of people think that way. I know he will refuse to acknowledge it, but it's the risk he took when he carried the name and I think a lot of people hate him for that, including some of his ex-band members, and I truly don't blame them.

I'm pretty sure Slash is in the same boat as Axl. There's no question he backlashed on his solo album, but there's some things we cannot change and this incident is one of them. It's time to move on. Right now I am just happy they're still in the business.

this is how most people feel and i think this is how it would be if not for the gnr name business. thats proven to be too bitter a pill for some people to swallow. so they kick and scream like little girls.

Yeah, it's kind of a big 'fuck you' to Slash when Axl uses the GN'R name to write hate mail like Sorry, but I figured it really doesn't matter since this version of GN'R isn't mainstream popular and Sorry was terrible anyway. I think deep inside Axl realizes some of this which is why he still plays mostly classics.

Nah, "Sorry" is fucking amazing. It's played every night, so that hardly indicates that Axl feels it is terrible :rolleyes:

Ali

To bad there are no good journalists, worth a damn.

Next time axl does any interview, the reporter should reference this interview and ask axl if he does hate slash.

I think thats probaly whats going to happen. These two keep up with each other.......their twitters, their interviews etc. The read each other's press.

When that happens, it will be interesting to see what axl says.

I think slash is starting to really try and test the reunion waters......if you will.

I agree, with all his "nice" but not so obvious comments he has been making.

I stand corrected.

Regardless, Axl's version of GN'R is a mere shadow of the true band once was, and I think he realizes that a lot of people think that way. I know he will refuse to acknowledge it, but it's the risk he took when he carried the name and I think a lot of people hate him for that, including some of his ex-band members, and I truly don't blame them.

But the original lineup didn't break up because Axl got control of the name. They started to disagree with how things were progressing. Musical preferences began to change. Axl's lateness to concerts. (Disclaimer: Honest question coming, not knocking Axl or Slash, and just asking an unimportant question.) Do you think that if they could agree on musical direction and Axl showed up on time, the name issue would have still broken them up?

actually the CD tour has been saturated with CD tracks and sorry is usually the 4-5th song played.

I stand corrected.

Yeah, I definitely disagree. This band is an amazing, gifted band. Regardless, Axl may realize that some people resent him and what he's done in carrying on with GN'R, but obviously he doesn't give a shit. If he did, he wouldn't keep doing what's he been doing.

More importantly, if Axl Rose gave a damn what people thought, he wouldn't be Axl Rose.

Ali

wow, my respect for Slash, that has dropped so much over the past 6 years, totally took a major jump back up because of a single comment. I can almost forgive that pitiful performance at the grammys...and the cypress hill act.

Guest floyd the barber

I'm pretty sure Slash is in the same boat as Axl. There's no question he backlashed on his solo album, but there's some things we cannot change and this incident is one of them. It's time to move on. Right now I am just happy they're still in the business.

this is how most people feel and i think this is how it would be if not for the gnr name business. thats proven to be too bitter a pill for some people to swallow. so they kick and scream like little girls.

Nah, "Sorry" is fucking amazing. It's played every night, so that hardly indicates that Axl feels it is terrible :rolleyes:

Ali

That's cool. I respect your opinion, but I think the song is shit.

But deep down inside, I think Axl realizes his band lost a lot of credibility, which is why the album took forever and there was never any promotion.

Ali

But deep down inside, I think Axl realizes his band lost a lot of credibility, which is why the album took forever and there was never any promotion.

You assume way too much when it comes to Axl and what he thinks and realizes. Waaaay too much.

By the way, there is a world tour going on right now that will have hit Asia, Europe, South America and North America. I would call that promotion. Late, yes, but promotion nonetheless for the record as it is the Chinese Democracy tour. If he cared about what the general public thought and whether or not any credibility was lost, he wouldn't be sticking his neck out by touring now.

Ali

Guest floyd the barber

Ali

You assume way too much when it comes to Axl and what he thinks and realizes. Waaaay too much.

By the way, there is a world tour going on right now that will have hit Asia, Europe, South America and North America. I would call that promotion. Late, yes, but promotion nonetheless for the record as it is the Chinese Democracy tour. If he cared about what the general public thought and whether or not any credibility was lost, he wouldn't be sticking his neck out by touring now.

Ali

Come on now, I didn't come here to argue.

I understand both sides to the argument, but I couldn't care less about the direction Axl's taking the band since I don't really enjoy his new album. If you loved it, well all the power to you.

Ali

Ali

I understand both sides to the argument, but I couldn't care less about the direction Axl's taking the band since I don't really enjoy his new album. If you loved it, well all the power to you.

Look, if you want to state your opinion and have it unchallenged, then a discussion board isn't the place to do that. At least, not to me. Also, I hardly consider it "arguing" to point out that the band is conducting a world tour right now in support of the album. I consider it disagreeing with your statement that there was no promotion for the record, and offering something on which I'm basing my disagreement with your statement.

Ali

It's amazing how such small and trivial things can set off such vitriolic threads.

And they always pretty much revert to the same Axl-fans-versus-Slash-fans thing with the same arguments used every time. It doesn't really matter what Slash or Axl say about each other because each time it comes down to the same squabbling and tired "points," most of which are really just opinions and based on how you perceive the two men to begin with...

I think if you guys on the moderating team would keep topics like this in the ex-members discussion it would save a lot of the silliness.

If someone is talking about Axl Rose and it's somebody noteworthy enough (such as an ex-original-bandmember), then it should be in the main GN'R Discussion forum because it's current and related to the band. This has always been the policy. On the other hand, if it's an interview with Slash talking about Slash's Snakepit or VR or whatever, then yeah, it goes in the Former Gunners section because he's not discussing GN'R or Axl. :)

Guest floyd the barber

Ali

Ali

Look, if you want to state your opinion and have it unchallenged, then a discussion board isn't the place to do that. At least, not to me. Also, I hardly consider it "arguing" to point out that the band is conducting a world tour right now in support of the album. I consider it disagreeing with your statement that there was no promotion for the record, and offering something on which I'm basing my disagreement with your statement.

Ali

Yes I realize this is a message board, but some things are not worth discussing. Especially if this forum has had this discussion thousands of times before, and frankly I do not think you'll ever change my views on Axl Rose or Chinese Democracy (positive or negative) no matter how much you try.

Ali

Ali

Ali

Yes I realize this is a message board, but some things are not worth discussing. Especially if this forum has had this discussion thousands of times before, and frankly I do not think you'll ever change my views on Axl Rose or Chinese Democracy (positive or negative) no matter how much you try.

I'm not trying to "change" your opinion. I'm just disagreeing with it. I think your opinion that Axl thinks "Sorry" is terrible is unsupported by the fact that GN'R plays it every night on tour. I also think that your statement that there is no or hasn't been any promotion for the album is just flat out inaccurate given that we are in the midst of a world tour. Well-timed promotion? No. But, promotion in general? Yes.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Guest floyd the barber

Ali

Ali

Ali

I'm not trying to "change" your opinion. I'm just disagreeing with it. I think your opinion that Axl thinks "Sorry" is terrible is unsupported by the fact that GN'R plays it every night on tour.

Ali

This is where you're wrong. I never said Axl thinks Sorry is terrible. For all I know, he might think it's the best song he's ever written.

To me, Sorry is terrible.

We'll end it at that.

Maybe you should be more clear with your words, because this is what you wrote "I figured it really doesn't matter since this version of GN'R isn't mainstream popular and Sorry was terrible anyway. I think deep inside Axl realizes some of this which is why he still plays mostly classics."

If the mods here are serious about avoiding any Axl vs. Slash, old vs. new band debates, I think that it is fairly clear that any thread like this will result in that, even if it is based on a news story or interview piece like this one was. History has proven that time and again. I think the only way to avoid this inevitable outcome is to no start threads like these in the discussion section.

Ali

Ali

Ali

Ali

I'm not trying to "change" your opinion. I'm just disagreeing with it. I think your opinion that Axl thinks "Sorry" is terrible is unsupported by the fact that GN'R plays it every night on tour.

Ali

This is where you're wrong. I never said Axl thinks Sorry is terrible. For all I know, he might think it's the best song he's ever written.

To me, Sorry is terrible.

We'll end it at that.

And you are aware of what opinions are? Sorry is my favorite cut off the Album,which I do enjoy and leave in in my CD lineup constantly.

Thread/

Slash the media whore knows he screwed up with all of the negative shit he through out in the press for years, destroying Axl's image while building his own. Fortunately, Axl cares more about music and honestly than being a celebrity and didn't give in to this childish nonsense. Slash knows that GNR is all he will ever be remembered for, and much more than money now he wants back in to have his 'glory' back. Well, it's too late to kiss ass now jackass. Axl knows that he wants to work with innovative musicians, not by the books rock n roll players, who put no creativity or imagination in their work.

Hey! Look!

The lead singer and the guitarist, yet they still didn't call themsleves Led Zeppelin.

PagePlantUnled.jpg

Cool!

I always found it odd that they named that album after a song that John Paul Jones wrote most of.

He was annoyed by the whole thing.... he found out they were working together the same way we did, and just wanted them to let him know what was going on. Granted, Page did some cool things as a producer in the 70s, but in the 90s, Jones should've produced it and guested on a couple of songs, odds are that's what he would've suggested. It still would've been Page/Plant.

Slash the media whore knows he screwed up with all of the negative shit he through out in the press for years, destroying Axl's image while building his own. Fortunately, Axl cares more about music and honestly than being a celebrity and didn't give in to this childish nonsense. Slash knows that GNR is all he will ever be remembered for, and much more than money now he wants back in to have his 'glory' back. Well, it's too late to kiss ass now jackass. Axl knows that he wants to work with innovative musicians, not by the books rock n roll players, who put no creativity or imagination in their work.

So Axl will be known for more then "Guns N Roses"?.....huh?