Slash mentions Axl in April '10 Q Magazine

WhazUp

From April 2010, Q Magazine

Q: When is the last time you saw Axl Rose

Oh shit man, 1996......i guess, but i still think about him. I was just thinking today that the biggest problem Axl and I have on a human level is that the press have instigated more shit between us than anything we ever did to each other. I went to his house a few years back but we didn't see each other -i just saw the lady of the house. He's one of two people i thought of when making my solo record: One was Michael Jackson, the other was Axl, but i never called either. With Axl, i figured it probably wouldnt be the right thing to do after all that time.......
Edited by zint61
removed link

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

all these slash/axl threads with one question asked to slash about axl are pointless.

axl stands by his words(see Del James interview), truth is the truth hurts dont u agree?

Yuppity, it cannot be the same-ever,and slash just mentions Axl so much to get attention imo.

Man.. if the world needs anything right now it more demonstrations of people being bigger than their petty emotions...truth is together these two rocked the world against huge fucking odds. That says something..for me as a fan from day one what these guys did was huge and their art will never die. It will never be reproduced though...imitated but never reproduced.

Pretty ballsy for Slash to go on record as saying that . I fucken rather he say something like that that calling Axl a miserable disease. I;m a huge Axl fan but i was embarrassed for him when he said that about Slash. When I read that I was like Man...really? Really?

all these slash/axl threads with one question asked to slash about axl are pointless.

axl stands by his words(see Del James interview), truth is the truth hurts dont u agree?

Yuppity, it cannot be the same-ever,and slash just mentions Axl so much to get attention imo.

Did you even read the question in the interview? The interviewer asked when Slash last saw Axl. If you read all of the interviewers there is always questions about Axl/GNR.

Slash just answers the questions put to him. But you, looking at it with only one biased eye just see is as Slash mentioning Axl to get attention, when in reality all he is doing is answering a question put to him.

Dude, he's Slash. He doesn't namedrop to get attention.... he puts on his hat and has half the worlds attention.

plus the interviewer asked him.... he must be pretty sick of the GNR/Axl questions by now.....

maybe thats one of the reasons axl doesnt do any/many, he doesn't want to be asked about slash in EVERY interview......

Man.. if the world needs anything right now it more demonstrations of people being bigger than their petty emotions...truth is together these two rocked the world against huge fucking odds.

See, I disagree really strongly. First, it's probably offensive to Axl (or anyone for this matter) to call his emotions "petty" seeing as how we aren't in his shoes and probably don't know the full extent of his feelings. Speaking personally (and I'm sure others can relate, too), if someone were to say something like, "Oh c'mon, suck it up and get out there" knowing full-well that I fucking HATE, HATE, HATE the person/situation I'm supposed to "get out there with" just because it pleases others, I'd be livid. Fuck that. Look, being someone of a Christian faith, I'm all for reconciliation- but sometimes reconciliation just ain't healthy. The next best thing? Just move on. Axl clearly has.

Man.. if the world needs anything right now it more demonstrations of people being bigger than their petty emotions...truth is together these two rocked the world against huge fucking odds.

See, I disagree really strongly. First, it's probably offensive to Axl (or anyone for this matter) to call his emotions "petty" seeing as how we aren't in his shoes and probably don't know the full extent of his feelings. Speaking personally (and I'm sure others can relate, too), if someone were to say something like, "Oh c'mon, suck it up and get out there" knowing full-well that I fucking HATE, HATE, HATE the person/situation I'm supposed to "get out there with" just because it pleases others, I'd be livid. Fuck that. Look, being someone of a Christian faith, I'm all for reconciliation- but sometimes reconciliation just ain't healthy. The next best thing? Just move on. Axl clearly has.

Don't think it's quite fair to ask people that really don't wanna be around each other to "put aside" differences for the amusement of others, just like some ppl are better off divorced.I think Axl made his viewpoint more than clear in the interviews-"unfortunate as it may be one of us will die before a reunion" and "Slash is a cancer better removed,the less heard from him and his followers the better" are 2 examples that come to mind. that leaves little to the imagination.