Is Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal a Prodigy?

TheFormerSoul

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason Ron is in this band is because no one else wanted to join and put up with Axls BS.

Ron was Axls LAST choice. Everyone Axl tried to get turned him down expect for Ron. And of course Ron wouldnt turn him done, he can now whore out the Gnr name and try to make himself big.

So Axl is now stuck with him. Axl still wants BH back to this day and would take him back and drop wrong in a heartbeat, anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves.

BH is by far the best guitarists this band has ever and will ever have. Its a shame Axl dicked around for so long that he made BH leave.

Now we are stuck with Ron who butchers Slashs and BHs solos. Its really a shame all the talented this band had in 2000-2004 now we are just stick with left overs.

Izzy was not kidding when he said time went by and it became a joke

If he wanted to whore the GN'R name he would have done a BH and split first chance he got after securing a record deal.

not to get in on the fight.. but I'm pretty sure he already had a record deal (?)

The only reason Ron is in this band is because no one else wanted to join and put up with Axls BS.

Ron was Axls LAST choice. Everyone Axl tried to get turned him down expect for Ron. And of course Ron wouldnt turn him done, he can now whore out the Gnr name and try to make himself big.

So Axl is now stuck with him. Axl still wants BH back to this day and would take him back and drop wrong in a heartbeat, anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves.

BH is by far the best guitarists this band has ever and will ever have. Its a shame Axl dicked around for so long that he made BH leave.

Now we are stuck with Ron who butchers Slashs and BHs solos. Its really a shame all the talented this band had in 2000-2004 now we are just stick with left overs.

Not saying you're right or wrong, but how do you know all of this stuff?

If he wanted to whore the GN'R name he would have done a BH and split first chance he got after securing a record deal.

not to get in on the fight.. but I'm pretty sure he already had a record deal (?)

Just going by what Axl claimed.

He said that Buckethead used the GN'R name to get recognition and further his own career including record deals.

BH already had a record deal, please check your facts. BH left because he was tired of waiting around.

He joined in 1999 and left in 2004. He was in the band for about 4 years with nothing to show, no album in sight. BH puts out like 10 albums in that span and Axl could not even get out one.

The funny thing is it took Axl 4 years AFTER BH left to still put out CD.

Ron will never leave gnr because he knows no one will care about him again if he ever left.

So Axl is now stuck with him.

Dude seriously... SHUT THE FUCK UP! Aren't you tired of spreading your BS every thread, trying to speak on Axl's behalf? You know nothing.

Axl still wants BH back to this day and would take him back and drop wrong in a heartbeat, anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves.

Obviously you forgot about the Dr Pepper story :rofl-lol: Do you seriously think for one second Axl would trade a man as great as Ron doing private shows for fans and playing the fuck out of every song for a guy who left the band when they needed him? Stop being an ass, open your eyes, Axl doesn't forget, Axl likes faithful people and people who will apologize publicly in the press if they fuck up with him.

Yeah yeah yeah, same gnr-dave old shit, you keep repeating yourself like a broken cd, I'm gonna have to use the ignore option with you, you're the most unecessary member I've ever seen on a forum.

Prepre to be educated....

Guys seriously, I think we should lay off dave, we forget, he used to have insider knowledge of the Guns camp and an inferiority complex with Mysterion but that's niether here not there.

Edited by plonker88

Because I have been following this version of the band since 1997 when Axl first signed Robin Finck.

Everyone knows even though most wont admit it, Axl was trying to get BH back up until a few weeks before hammerstein.

Then he had to settle for Ron. Remember the eddie trunk interview? Ron had not joined the band at that point yet.

Also Axl asked a ton of other guitar players before Ron and they all turned him down.

Axl just took what he could get and that was Ron.

So Axl is now stuck with him.

Dude seriously... SHUT THE FUCK UP! Aren't you tired of spreading your BS every thread, trying to speak on Axl's behalf? You know nothing.

Axl still wants BH back to this day and would take him back and drop wrong in a heartbeat, anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves.

Obviously you forgot about the Dr Pepper story :rofl-lol: Do you seriously think for one second Axl would trade a man as great as Ron doing private shows for fans and playing the fuck out of every song for a guy who left the band when they needed him? Stop being an ass, open your eyes, Axl doesn't forget, Axl likes faithful people and people who will apologize publicly in the press if they fuck up with him.

Yeah yeah yeah, same gnr-dave old shit, you keep repeating yourself like a broken cd, I'm gonna have to use the ignore option with you, you're the most unecessary member I've ever seen on a forum.

Its not bullshit, its all true, and you know it is. You can try to deny it all you want but we all know Axl still wants BH back and he was trying to get him back all the way up until the hammerstein show.

You are a fool if you dont think Axl would drop Ron if BH said he wanted back in.

Axl isnt stupid, he knows what he has in BH. Robin left TWICE and Axl took him back.

Dont be stupid and think he would not take BH back.

You really are a fool and dont know shit about this band. You can believe what ever makes you sleep at night but you know I am right.

And denying makes you look like a jackass.

Answer this, if Axl was not trying to get BH back before the hammerstein gigs why did Ron join so late?

Why wasnt he at rehearals way before that like when Axl went on the eddie trunk show?

You cant answer that one can you? If Ron was always the guy he would have been there, he would not have joined just weeks before the gigs.

I would love to see you explain that one away. OH thats right you cant and wont.

It proves even more Ron was Axls last choice as a replacement and had to go with him because he had no one else.

Edited by gnr-dave

Axl contacted Ron as soon as 2004, that is to say Buckethead's departure.

BBF was in the band 3 weeks prior to the shows.

Axl did audition other guitarists after Ron pissed off GnR's management ( which means they accepted to deal with his crap ).

None of them got the job. Ron did.

You can either deal with it, or not.

Answer this, if Axl was not trying to get BH back before the hammerstein gigs why did Ron join so late?

Why wasnt he at rehearals way before that like when Axl went on the eddie trunk show?

You cant answer that one can you? If Ron was always the guy he would have been there, he would not have joined just weeks before the gigs.

I would love to see you explain that one away. OH thats right you cant and wont.

It proves even more Ron was Axls last choice as a replacement and had to go with him because he had no one else.

On the eddie trunk show, Axl says at one point he can't reveal the name of the new guitarist, but they have him. Maybe the reason he revealed is so late was because they had to sign agreements and contracts and maybe Ron was thinking. I don't know, nobody knows, you don't know, so it's stupid to talk about this.

However, as for Buckethead, even if it's a possibility that Axl tried to bring him back before the 2006 shows (and it would make sense), BH turned it down, and then Ron fit perfectly in GNR, he was great in 2006 and in 2009/2010 he's a lot better, he has found his place in the band. In 2008, Axl denied a Dr Pepper was Slash AND Buckethead, so I guess he got mad at BH and I really really highly doubt he'd ever take him back in the band, he is not stupid. Robin is a different story, he left and came back but hadn't been replaced so it's not the same as between BH and Ron.

GNR has now three guitarists: DJ Ashba, Ron Thal and Richard Fortus. They're awesome. Deal with it. Or you can go somewhere else, we won't miss you.

Axl contacted Ron as soon as 2004, that is to say Buckethead's departure.

BBF was in the band 3 weeks prior to the shows.

Axl did audition other guitarists after Ron pissed off GnR's management ( which means they accepted to deal with his crap ).

None of them got the job. Ron did.

You can either deal with it, or not.

Ron never got the job until three weeks before the show.

He was being considered back in 2004 but opened his mouth, so gnr said see ya.

Then in 2006 after not getting back BH Axl had to settle for BBF because no one else wanted to join.

No one else wanted to join eh....

How about the people who auditioned in between 2005 and 2006 ?

Ron told about his first rehearsal and explicitely said "the band looked tired after auditioning all these guitarists" or something like that...

On the eddie trunk show, Axl says at one point he can't reveal the name of the new guitarist, but they have him. Maybe the reason he revealed is so late was because they had to sign agreements and contracts and maybe Ron was thinking. I don't know, nobody knows, you don't know, so it's stupid to talk about this.

However, as for Buckethead, even if it's a possibility that Axl tried to bring him back before the 2006 shows (and it would make sense), BH turned it down, and then Ron fit perfectly in GNR, he was great in 2006 and in 2009/2010 he's a lot better, he has found his place in the band. In 2008, Axl denied a Dr Pepper was Slash AND Buckethead, so I guess he got mad at BH and I really really highly doubt he'd ever take him back in the band, he is not stupid. Robin is a different story, he left and came back but hadn't been replaced so it's not the same as between BH and Ron.

GNR has now three guitarists: DJ Ashba, Ron Thal and Richard Fortus. They're awesome. Deal with it. Or you can go somewhere else, we won't miss you.

I know for a fact, because Richard told me Ron had not joined the band during that rehearsal when Axl played the Eddie Trunk show.

And Axl would take back BH, he even said so in his chats.

Axl thinks Merck lied about BH, so Axl seems to blame Merck and not BH. You are crazy if you dont think Axl would take BH back and drop Ron.

BHs the one who has all the best parts on CD. You can deny it all you want but Axl was trying to get BH back for LONG TIME and he probably still is.

Its just like if Brain was ever to come back, Axl would drop Frank in a heartbeat but I dont see Brain coming back without BH.

Ron is like the Ronnie Wood of GN'R; Buckethead was the Mick Taylor. You can love both, for different reasons. Like Ron Wood, BBF is more of a riffy sort of player--more of a rhythm guy than a lead guy, even though both Rons are the lead guitarists of their bands; Buckethead, like Taylor was a soloist and virtuoso and even had a similar playing style--if you listen to the boots from the Stones '72 and '73 tours, Mick Taylor did the same sort of mix of (proto) shredding and melodic solos that BH did. BBF is more like Ron Wood in that he adds a crunchy rhythm more than grandiose solos.

Ron is like the Ronnie Wood of GN'R; Buckethead was the Mick Taylor. You can love both, for different reasons. Like Ron Wood, BBF is more of a riffy sort of player--more of a rhythm guy than a lead guy, even though both Rons are the lead guitarists of their bands; Buckethead, like Taylor was a soloist and virtuoso and even had a similar playing style--if you listen to the boots from the Stones '72 and '73 tours, Mick Taylor did the same sort of mix of (proto) shredding and melodic solos that BH did. BBF is more like Ron Wood in that he adds a crunchy rhythm more than grandiose solos.

Are you retarded?

I know for a fact, because Richard told me Ron had not joined the band during that rehearsal when Axl played the Eddie Trunk show.

And Axl would take back BH, he even said so in his chats.

Axl thinks Merck lied about BH, so Axl seems to blame Merck and not BH. You are crazy if you dont think Axl would take BH back and drop Ron.

BHs the one who has all the best parts on CD. You can deny it all you want but Axl was trying to get BH back for LONG TIME and he probably still is.

Its just like if Brain was ever to come back, Axl would drop Frank in a heartbeat but I dont see Brain coming back without BH.

Do you think Axl has no sense of loyalty or friendship? Do yout hink he spends all his time backstage bullying Ron and Frank for not being Carrol and Mantia? Fuck's sake man, they get along, stop inventing drama and rifts which aren't there.

:rofl-lol:

But... I still don't know why Dave's here. He's a laughing stock.

I wish someone like Fernando, or even Axl, would come here and stop all this "Buckethead will replace Ron as soon as he wants to join the band" or "no one wanted to join GnR" bullshit.

Are you retarded?

Explain. I just offered why I think they're comparable as what they bring to both their bands.

BBF doesn't have a ''Stonesy'' sound like Ron Wood does, of course, but...His playing style in GN'R is similar to how Ron's is in the Stones--Ronnie Wood plays more like a rhythm guitarist and is better at a crunchier, raunchier sound, just as BBF isn't as strong a lead player as BH was--He's a great rhythm player and he gives the sound an edge edge and crunch but like Ron Wood is a so-so lead guitarist in comparison to BH.

BH was like Mick Taylor, a virtuoso player who could write melodious, beautiful solos, often with a Spanish styled inflection. Outside of the shredding (and Mick did as I said an early for of shredding when he toured with the Stones), they have a similar playing style and both were very strong lead guitarists--they dominated as lead guitarists and the distinction between lead guitarist and rhythm guitarist was clearer when BH was in Guns and Taylor was in the Stones. BBF, Richard and DJ all sort of play off each other lead guitar wise similar to how Ronnie Wood and Keith play off trading lead spots, whereas when Mick Taylor was in the band Taylor clearly was the lead guitarist and Keith was clearly the rhythm man.

He doesn't.

Dave's big schtick is that he likes to post as though his opinion is fact and everyone else's is wrong.