R.I.P. Heavy Metal Legend Ronnie James Dio

Subtle Signs

Wow... I'm in shock. :shocked: Definetely one of the greatest in metal. I really hoped that Rainbow would someday reunite. They are like the most underrated band in history.

R.I.P.

Edited by Mike Honcho

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now's time for all of the poser Dio lovers to head to YouTube :rolleyes:

Oh get over yourself.

goddammit no u

You're such a Dio-Educator. You weren't even around when Dio was making it big.

Fuck off with the stupid "educator" shit, there's a time and place, and this isn't it.

Some of us are actually upset over his passing, and don't want to see this thread turn into a battle.

Edited by Powerage5

Oh get over yourself.

goddammit no u

Fuck off with the stupid "educator" shit, there's a time and place, and this isn't it.

Some of us are actually upset over his passing, and don't want to see this thread turn into a battle.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

On topic: Been listening to some Elf...

Oh get over yourself.

goddammit no u

Thanks. I appreciate it.

On topic: Been listening to some Elf...

Can't let the tribute thread for my all time favorite frontman turn into a battle.

Still on Sabbath, I love the Dio albums too much to do chronological. I'll probably put on either TDYK or some live H&H bootlegs when I'm done with Dehumanizer.

Can't let the tribute thread for my all time favorite frontman turn into a battle.

Still on Sabbath, I love the Dio albums too much to do chronological. I'll probably put on either TDYK or some live H&H bootlegs when I'm done with Dehumanizer.

I wasn't trying to turn it into a battle you prude.

Everyone knows how riled up people get when the GN'R educator shit starts, there was no need to bring that in here.

Everyone knows how riled up people get when the GN'R educator shit starts, there was no need to bring that in here.

Eh, I guess so.

Dio told Classic Rock magazine in 2009 that an Elf reunion could happen sometime soon.

I’ve been talking to my cousin ‘Rock’ [guitarist David 'Rock' Feinstein] about getting that band back together, and it’s certainly on the cards. But, as usual, it’s dependent on schedules coinciding. [...] I’d only want to do an Elf tour if we could come up with a new album. That would include reworkings of some of the older songs, which I don’t think we ever did justice in the studio, plus also a few new tracks.

Shit sucks... :(

Today is a very sad day for all of us metal/hard rock fans. Dio was on of the forefathers of heavy metal. He had such a unique and powerful voice. It was such an inspiration just to listen to him and his music.

His wife Wendy confirmed Dio's death at 7:45 a.m. this morning. She said many family members and friends were able to say their goodbyes. Dio died peacefully in his sleep. Metal will never be the same from his death.

Dio was diagnoised with stomach cancer and was having chemo treatments. Sadly, he died anyway.

I wonder why doctors insist on putting so many patients through horrible chemo treatments and then they die anyway. What is the point of it all?

This news sucks big time.

It was a very sad day when the Rev from A7X passed away and now Dio. I know there is no comparison, but both of these men meant a lot to me and I'm sure many many other fans.

Dio was one of a kind and no matter if he was solo or the frontman to Black Sabbath or Heaven and Hell, the man was awesome and always put on the most amazing performances and wrote the most amazing songs!

Dio is now my Rainbow in the Dark!

Rest in peace! I do hope you are in a better place.

R.I.P.

Damn I was not expecting this today... I was under the impression that he was recovering nicely

Same here. This is very very sad news. He was such a huge part of metal music and influenced so many. I am glad though that he was able to say his goodbyes to his friends and family before passing on.

R.I.P. Ronnie, you may be gone but your music will be here for years to come.