10 years old gem sees light of day: Estranged

longcat

LLL is the same guy who says Bumblefoot just decided to play the General for him.

Not exactly credible if you ask me.

When did I say that cupcake? Quote me. I never said anything about Bumble playing anything to me.

Keep trying to fool the GnR base with your fake material, asking money for them through your buddies. You ain't got shit to trade and you can't fool them into tading either. Have fun listening to your fake Dead Flowers track you thought was real. Just like you want to make people believe this coverband is GnR.

Butthurt because I stopped you and your friends getting money for bullshit tracks?

:confused:

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LLL is the same guy who says Bumblefoot just decided to play the General for him.

Not exactly credible if you ask me.

When did I say that cupcake? Quote me. I never said anything about Bumble playing anything to me.

Keep trying to fool the GnR base with your fake material, asking money for them through your buddies. You ain't got shit to trade and you can't fool them into tading either. Have fun listening to your fake Dead Flowers track you thought was real. Just like you want to make people believe this coverband is GnR.

Butthurt because I stopped you and your friends getting money for bullshit tracks?

I thought you left? It made me happy.

You said something about a band member playing The General for you. Might not have been Bumble. Regardless. You claim that a band member just decided to up and play The General for you.

Erm... Why do you assume that I have anything to do with this Estranged demo again?

Bullshit tracks? They were quite real, my friend. You know that. For the record, you didn't really "stop" anything. By the time they leaked my friends and I were already done with the tracks.

Edited by bacardimayne

Sounds 100% fake to me. The fact that they picked that point of the song (one that's easy to imitate Axl) to "leak" pretty much confirms it for me.

Yeah man, I thought the same thing. Any other part (with vocals) would be easier to believe. I could sound damn close to Axl on that part of the song.

I cant believe people are trying to hard to prove this is real....some of the things people have said..."Well this part definetly sounds like how Axl said his B's in 99"...Are you kidding me?

I haven't listened to the fake clip or anything.... BUT....

If this is a "known" fake as someone said, can't someone approach the cover band and ask them to confirm it, or find the full version of this cover band online that must be outthere for someone to fake it? Then we can all get over it.

Secondly, I didn't think they re-recorded estranged in '99 (apart from live era stuff)...... I thought they did AFD, and Patience and YCBM (in place of anything goes and you're crazy or something). So doesn't that in itself prove this is fake?

I'm not that bothered either way, just offering a couple of things.

If this is a "known" fake as someone said, can't someone approach the cover band and ask them to confirm it, or find the full version of this cover band online that must be outthere for someone to fake it? Then we can all get over it.

Secondly, I didn't think they re-recorded estranged in '99 (apart from live era stuff)...... I thought they did AFD, and Patience and YCBM (in place of anything goes and you're crazy or something). So doesn't that in itself prove this is fake?

That's what I was thinking.

If this is a "cover", it sure sounds a lot like Axl. If so, it's probably a pretty good cover. Good covers usually have a lot of views on YouTube. Why has no one found and posted it then?

That's what I was thinking.

If this is a "cover", it sure sounds a lot like Axl. If so, it's probably a pretty good cover. Good covers usually have a lot of views on YouTube. Why has no one found and posted it then?

Well that wasn't really something to prove it's not fake..... I'm not sure how popular a brazilian cover bands version of estranged would be, if it's online at all, but if it's not easily found then surely one way to prove or close that line of thiking would be to find the bands email and ask them?

Do they have a website, what are they called etc.... etc....

Here's one:

Anyway I'll you guys to it, was just a couple of thoughts to how to get over it.

Edit 2: that covers a fucking mess

Edited by Longpig

Yeah, I'm kinda torn on whether or not this is a fake.

Evidence that would suggest it's fake:

Axl only ever said he re-recorded Appetite and Patience and YCBM....and that was ALL the band EVER played in 2001-2002....along with a few CD songs.

Estranged was never mentioned and it was certainly never played live.

Also, somebody released an obviously doctored Dead Flowers from 1993 and took the time to reduce crowd noise and relabel it as "Gilby Clarke Cathouse" for no other reason than to fuck with people. Seems childish, but someone did it.

The ONLY reason I could see it being real is cause the pronunciation is GOOD. Non-native English speakers have a hell of a time sounding natural. They can imitate Axl's voice and rasp, but they can't get the diction right. They are always going to sound like a foreign speaker of English.

The guy in the youtube video had Axl's moves down....got the voice kinda.....but the pronunciation was shit.

I'm not saying that the 13 second clip is NOT a cover band....but it would be pretty hard for a Brazilian or Argentinian to get all those vowels that close to sounding properly North American.

My god....we are a pathetic fan base aren't we.....scrutinizing the minutiae of EVERY LITTLE THING that comes along......do other band's fans behave like this? ;)

My god....we are a pathetic fan base aren't we.....scrutinizing the minutiae of EVERY LITTLE THING that comes along......do other band's fans behave like this? ;)

No. Other bands actually release music more than once a generation.

Good point. If. its a cover wheres the full version, the name of the band, etc...

And who said this was a record like the AFD? The title says rehearsal, this was recorded from a rehearsal. I suppose they do that a lot so they can listen later.

Good point. If. its a cover wheres the full version, the name of the band, etc...

And who said this was a record like the AFD? The title says rehearsal, this was recorded from a rehearsal. I suppose they do that a lot so they can listen later.

Yeah but Axl doesn't sing with the band in rehearsals.

LP

Yeah but Axl doesn't sing with the band in rehearsals.

LP

In the Edie Trunk interview, Axl said he just came from the rehearsals.

And in the late 90s of course he was in the rehearsals, there were brand new musicians in the band, do you really think Axl wouldn't be there?