10 years old gem sees light of day: Estranged

longcat

I think it's pretty obvious that it's him and that year would match up since he was singing like that back then.

I love how people horde this stuff in their desperate hope of acquiring other material - as if anyone other than the die-hard fans are really going to be jumping on 1999 demos from a lineup that doesn't even exist anymore. It's pretty sad that any fan would deliberately keep stuff that isn't even theirs for their own personal gain.

There are other reasons than "personal gain" to hoard shit.

You remember what happened to skwerl? Axl sent the FBI after him and it turned into a clusterfuck for the man. Thats a pretty strong argument for not leaking stuff.

The man who recorded a song like IRS sends the FBI after his own fan. :question:

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty obvious that it's him and that year would match up since he was singing like that back then.

I love how people horde this stuff in their desperate hope of acquiring other material - as if anyone other than the die-hard fans are really going to be jumping on 1999 demos from a lineup that doesn't even exist anymore. It's pretty sad that any fan would deliberately keep stuff that isn't even theirs for their own personal gain.

There are other reasons than "personal gain" to hoard shit.

You remember what happened to skwerl? Axl sent the FBI after him and it turned into a clusterfuck for the man. Thats a pretty strong argument for not leaking stuff.

The man who recorded a song like IRS sends the FBI after his own fan. :question:

Yeah, he really called the FBI on that uploadin' motherfucker. After all, it was a crime. (you know it's true)

In my opinion, not a clip from 1999.

At 00:07-00:09, the "be" sustain doesn't sound very Axl, it sounds post-grunge.

At 00:09-00:10, the "be" ends in a very non-Axlism, that vocal ending sounds post-grunge.

The 00:03-00:04 "baby" is a pretty accurate Axl vocal.

Overall, the small clip and the poor MP3 compression make this annoying.

I'm surprised so many were very quick to chime in for this being legitly from 1999, and Axl.

In my opinion, not a clip from 1999.

At 00:07-00:09, the "be" sustain doesn't sound very Axl, it sounds post-grunge.

At 00:09-00:10, the "be" ends in a very non-Axlism, that vocal ending sounds post-grunge.

The 00:03-00:04 "baby" is a pretty accurate Axl vocal.

Overall, the small clip and the poor MP3 compression make this annoying.

I'm surprised so many were very quick to chime in for this being legitly from 1999, and Axl.

I agree, the vocal ending doesn't at all sound like Axl... I don't think it's him... or it was heavily altered...

Edited by hollywood_democracy

Why would they have RECORDED Estranged if they have never played it live?

Axl himself said the reason they re-recorded AFD with YCBM and Patience was to get used to playing it live....

Rehearsals often get recorded for rehearsing purposes. I'd say, judging by the quality of this, it's a rehearsal recording, not something intended for recording.

Axl himself said the reason they re-recorded AFD with YCBM and Patience was to get used to playing it live....

Fortus said they still rehearse Riad (Although didn't say Axl was there, but he did imply he wasn't, either).

Rehearsals often get recorded for rehearsing purposes. I'd say, judging by the quality of this, it's a rehearsal recording, not something intended for recording.

Yeah,

Sounds fake to me. I can't say that is 100% Axl. Seems like an easy way to get attention if you are trying to promote a band.

how is it promoting a band when they don't even say what band it is?

anyways, I don't think it's legitimate but I'm not gonna call any shots

Yeah but if they're rehearsing it, chances are they would have played it AT LEAST once in 2001, 2002, 2006, 2007, 2009 or 2010...

Fortus said they still rehearse Riad (Although didn't say Axl was there, but he did imply he wasn't, either).

Yeah but at least Riad was played in 2001 and 2002...

I dont see what the point would be for some hoarder, butt sore over the multitracks leaking, putting out this measley 13 second song some cover band made and fooling some fans by saying its the 1999 lineup playing Estranged. If that is the case, well done! but can u tell us what your fucking point is?? What gratification do u get out of that, seriously?

With that said I think its a real leak along with the fact i think its Axl.

I dont see what the point would be for some hoarder, butt sore over the multitracks leaking, putting out this measley 13 second song some cover band made and fooling some fans by saying its the 1999 lineup playing Estranged. If that is the case, well done! but can u tell us what your fucking point is?? What gratification do u get out of that, seriously?

With that said I think its a real leak along with the fact i think its Axl.

I hear ya, I'd like some answers as well.

I don't know what ot think. Doesn't really sound like Axl, but Axl ddin't sound like himself in 2000 with the mickey mouse pitchy voice. 13 seconds isn't enough to judge.

Anyway, I hope they play it again during tis tour. I know Axl will sound good on it, it's the player's I'm worried about. We now Bumblefoot can play the solo. This song is so good, I don't know why they don't play it. If Axl sounds as good as he sounds on Don't Cry, he can sound good on Estranged.

Sounds great. Guitars sound better than Slash's.

you're an idiot

He's not an idiot, he's a retarded asshole (pardon my French here). He can't be serious.

The original is much, much better, this is just embarrassing all the way through...

You Slash fans are a crazy bunch. You actually call people assholes for thinking one guitarist is better than another. You're the third person I've seen do it today. Grow the fuck up.

you are an idiot too. No one called anyone an asshole for thinking one guitar player is better than another. He was called an idiot, and an asshole because he made a retarded comment, and comparing a thirteen second clip (that sounds like garbage btw) to the original guitarist, who wrote and perfected the guitar on that song.

not to take anything away from new gnr, I love them. and if Slash busted out the solo from twat, I wouldn't say it was better then buckets solo, cause I am not an idiot.

this band has a rich history of excellent guitar players, and for some reason, there are a few of you on this forum, who are too blind to realize(or accept) that.

you're an idiot

He's not an idiot, he's a retarded asshole (pardon my French here). He can't be serious.

The original is much, much better, this is just embarrassing all the way through...

You Slash fans are a crazy bunch. You actually call people assholes for thinking one guitarist is better than another. You're the third person I've seen do it today. Grow the fuck up.

you are an idiot too. No one called anyone an asshole for thinking one guitar player is better than another. He was called an idiot, and an asshole because he made a retarded comment, and comparing a thirteen second clip (that sounds like garbage btw) to the original guitarist, who wrote and perfected the guitar on that song.

not to take anything away from new gnr, I love them. and if Slash busted out the solo from twat, I wouldn't say it was better then buckets solo, cause I am not an idiot.

this band has a rich history of excellent guitar players, and for some reason, there are a few of you on this forum, who are too blind to realize(or accept) that.

Game, set and match, this guy.

you're an idiot

*Runs in* Bumble was the best *Runs out*