10 years old gem sees light of day: Estranged

longcat

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty obvious that it's him and that year would match up since he was singing like that back then.

I love how people horde this stuff in their desperate hope of acquiring other material - as if anyone other than the die-hard fans are really going to be jumping on 1999 demos from a lineup that doesn't even exist anymore. It's pretty sad that any fan would deliberately keep stuff that isn't even theirs for their own personal gain.

Edited by Estranged Reality

sounds like someone is doing a bad axl impression.

i dont buy it.

Yeah, this reminds me of the awful fan impression on that song called Madagascar, and Better, there was another one called Chinese Democracy that definitely wasn't Axl!

Oh wait...

sounds like someone is doing a bad axl impression.

i dont buy it.

This.

Unless someone can provide more of this song, or others from the set, to try to prove to me that it's Axl, then I still don't believe it's Axl.

As Jackie and others have said, I believe it's just someone doing a impression of Axl.

Definitely not Axl.

Can you guys even hear the difference in the tone between this and the real Axl?

Even in 1999, Axl did not have this "tone" to his voice. And the amp that this guitarist is using sound really cheap.

Sounds great. Guitars sound better than Slash's.

you're an idiot

He's not an idiot, he's a retarded asshole (pardon my French here). He can't be serious.

The original is much, much better, this is just embarrassing all the way through...

Sounds great. Guitars sound better than Slash's.

you're an idiot

He's not an idiot, he's a retarded asshole (pardon my French here). He can't be serious.

The original is much, much better, this is just embarrassing all the way through...

You Slash fans are a crazy bunch. You actually call people assholes for thinking one guitarist is better than another. You're the third person I've seen do it today. Grow the fuck up.

Robin's tone is great.

that was the worst part of it, the tone was awful.

:D

to me it sounded exactly like slashs live tone. I can't hear the difference.

you can't hear the difference? :shocked:

He's not a guitarist, he doesnt understand. But damn, Robin usually has a better tone than this, thats why I think its fake (that and programmed drums, an easily replicated voice for 'Axl, and the suprisingly good quality for 99)

Yeah I don't play guitar :) And I can hear a little difference but nothing dramatic. Anyway i like it whoever is playing.

Edited by Kalervo

sounds to me like it could be Axl. Its a short clip so who the fuck knows. But certainly sounds like it could be the band of "that time" (99?) dicking around with tunes. Certainly sounds like Axl to me, but really it is such a small sample who really knows. If i dedicated an evening to trying to impersonate Axl in a small segment of a song i reckon i could do it. So who knows?

I'm sick of these GNR fans who leak shit (legitimate crap or not), but leaks of 10 second clips. I mean honestly, who cares. Leak the whole thing or nothing at all, seriously. What does anyone gain from hereing a few seconds of this???????....nothing...apart from some fat overweight dickwad behind a computer fapping to the fact ppl are getting excited. We all grow older asshole, and care not about what GNR material you have. Share the whole thing or nothing.

sounds to me like it could be Axl. Its a short clip so who the fuck knows. But certainly sounds like it could be the band of "that time" (99?) dicking around with tunes. Certainly sounds like Axl to me, but really it is such a small sample who really knows. If i dedicated an evening to trying to impersonate Axl in a small segment of a song i reckon i could do it. So who knows?

I'm sick of these GNR fans who leak shit (legitimate crap or not), but leaks of 10 second clips. I mean honestly, who cares. Leak the whole thing or nothing at all, seriously. What does anyone gain from hereing a few seconds of this???????....nothing...apart from some fat overweight dickwad behind a computer fapping to the fact ppl are getting excited. We all grow older asshole, and care not about what GNR material you have. Share the whole thing or nothing.

+1

That's Axl. I believe this clip is in fact real.

Thanks for releasing it, whoever you are. I guess they'd been hearing of everyone on here always wishing for the new band to play Estranged live, and look at what we get? People should be thankful instead of criticizing.

It's the band playing Estranged in the studio, mostly for practice etc. It's not a live performance and it doesn't appear to be a demo or something intended to be recorded as a product. People trying to analyze Axl's voice are using the wrong standards. Practicing in the studio vs. recording for the album, or performing live, are completely different things, and they are going to sound different.