New interview with Brian Mantia!

ManetsBR

Brian is the best drummer Guns ever had, but is not the best Guns N Roses drummer in my opinion. That award goes to Steven and his signature sound that he bought to Appetite. Sure Brian smokes circles around Frank, Sorum and Steven put together, but we all know technical skill does not equal better. Just my opinion though.

On topic, this is what a proper interview with a Guns n Roses member should sound like. None of this "no comment" stuff like Fortus and Bumble do. Sure he didn't tell us about the General but he let us in on more about what happened in the band than anyone else did. I always wondered why Brian was the only one who talked about making the record after it came out(how they recorded in a Stonemason temple etc, the continuous drum takes etc) while everyone else was talking about Devo. I think Axl really bonded with Brian and allowed him to talk more openly.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did you last wrote or recorded something to Guns N' Roses?

Brian: Been doing some cool re-mixes for guns!!! That shit is sick!!! It's gonna rip peoples faces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can't wait to hear it.

dId anyone else think he was being sarcastic, when he was talking about remixes?

In fact, the whole interview seems to have a sarcastic tone to it.

Best Regards, a message to Axl maybe?

Edited by SunnyDRE

I like the way Brain says it how it is, or how he perceives it to be.

No cryptic bullshit like certain other members like to dish out.

There's still a sense he has become a former gunner, and he does even know it.

Until he is told otherwise, you can't blame him.

Edited by star

Brian said the new shit will "rip peoples faces off"? I haven't heard

anything yet that even comes close to that. When i hear that I laugh.

Please.

You aren't too bright are ya?

You're judging material you haven't heard,

Yeah, no shit no one's heard the material he's talking about that's why it's new material..

Frank has been doing a great job on this tour. I have nothing bad to say about him and he seems to be a cool dude to hang with.

But Brain...is...the only drummer I really care about. The only one whom I feel has not only a sense of groove and rythm but also conveys a sense of "melody" with his drumming. He does not only provide the groove for the songs but he carries them to the next level, he turns them into something else. And I'm not talking about his drumming on Chinese Democracy. I don't think it really was his best work and the mixing fuxxored the groove anyway.

And lol @ those saying Steven is a better drummer.

Give me a break...Steven was on AFD, and yes, his parts are legendary and blend in with the music perfectly. So was Duff. That still does not make him a better bassist than Les Claypool...

You should realise that being the right musician in the right band at the right time does not make you a better musician than you actually are...

Edited by The Glow Inc.

And lol @ those saying Steven is a better drummer.

Give me a break...Steven was on AFD, and yes, his parts are legendary and blend in with the music perfectly. So was Duff. That still does not make him a better bassist than Les Claypool...

You should realise that being the right musician in the right band at the right time does not make you a better musician than you actually are...

take your common sense and GTFO

-You wrote The General. Despite very few people having heard it, it has become a legend in the Guns N' Roses world. What do you think about that?

Brian: it's an awesome jam... i hope it's released soon!!!!!!

do u think 'The General' can be one of those

Axl said that "you may heard parts of this somewhere"

especially this one:

or

-You wrote The General. Despite very few people having heard it, it has become a legend in the Guns N' Roses world. What do you think about that?

especially this one:

or

might very well be the first one. As he said "it's an awesome jam".

especially this one:

or

might very well be the first one. As he said "it's an awesome jam".

Oh my god that was amazing. Never heard that before. Sounded very organized, every band member including Pitman/Dizzy was in it.

I love him, but he fucked up things when quiting in the USA 2006 tour.

His wife was having a kid & he didn't want to miss it or the 1st few months of that kid's life. I think it's cool that he put his family 1st. I have no problem with Frank on drums, but due to the circumstances of Brain's departure and the fact that Axl knew of Brain's plans to be with his family, imo, it's time to let Brain back in.

especially this one:

This is a great jam ! Haven't heard it before. Love Bumble's playing at the beginning of the video.

The chord progressions are standard though. I don't think it's much more than a jam though. But it does sound excellent.

Agreed that was brilliant. Definitely something up, here.

Wow that interview almost pisses me off...Brain is just so much better of a drummer than frank ferrer, even matt sorum. I just don't think there's a good reason to have permanently added frank...I get brain had kids and wanted time off, but he should have just been a touring guy. Should have rid of ferrer and brought brain back in.