New interview with Brian Mantia!

ManetsBR

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian said the new shit will "rip peoples faces off"? I haven't heard

anything yet that even comes close to that. When i hear that I laugh.

Please.

You aren't too bright are ya?

You're judging material you haven't heard,

Yeah, no shit no one's heard the material he's talking about that's why it's new material..

No you're the one not to bright ..i'm judging that comment based on what I HAVE HEARD already.

New GN'R is "OK" at best even with Brain. He's good drummer but the songs i've heard are not classics by any means.

Buckethead doesn't want anything to do with Axl whatsoever.

Why would he? Buckethead is a musician that places a great value on recording and releasing music for his fans. Such an attitude is not compatible with the GNR philosophy or way of doing things.

Guest gunns5

"The grass isnt always greener on the other side"

He said in an interview a year/2 ago that he loved being in the studio/session player, but now hes missing touring. I want him back but it seems to me that hes trying to close the door after the horse has bolted.

Brain is the better drummer between him and Frank, but you just cant kick Frank out because Brain wants back in, thats not fair on anyone really, Brain would feel guilty and Frank would feel sharp pains in his back.

That whole Brain plays the new songs whilst Frank plays the old was NEVER going to work, I mean think about it . Tommy gets on his in ear microphone saying to Axl , "Hey guys, lets do There Was a Time, fuck, sorry Frank your going to have to go chill out backstage, on your way back there, tell Brain to put down the beers and come on for 1 song''

:confused:

Yeah I can understand that Buckethead isnt there -> thats Buckets choice and Axl has to go with a substitute.

But if Axl really has a choice between Brain or Frank - I think that the man is insane to keep Frank there. You know Frank is real good and stuff, but Brain is superior.

Guest gunns5

Franks personality with Brains drumming skill = The perfect touring GnR member.

Not dissing Frank , hes a great drummer no doubt about it, but Brain is just on a whole other level entirely.

The 16-second leak is most definitely The General, no matter what he says.

Awesome interview though. Hopefully Brain continues to stay in the studio for GNR in the future.

anybody know where i can hear this Genreal clip everybody talks about?

especially this one:

This is a great jam ! Haven't heard it before. Love Bumble's playing at the beginning of the video.

The chord progressions are standard though. I don't think it's much more than a jam though. But it does sound excellent.

Wow, Bumble's playing is fucking awesome! I have this jam but haven't heard it in a while. Awesome jam, it really does sound excellent.