DUFF MCKAGAN on stage with Guns

GNR 1991

the video on page 20 comment by cheap jon if you pause the vid at 51 seconds that would make a great still shot , is there anyway to get a still from the vid ? ... was great to see duff but this reunion talk is way to premature as much as i would love it imho .

axlduff.jpg

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am i the only one that thinks axl didnt look "comfortable" having duff on stage ??

I said that last night.

Didn't you guys notice the huge shit eating grin Axl had on his face after he introduced Duff? I think he was ecstatic to have his old friend on stage with him.

Axl looked so vulnerable onstage it was so heartwarming. I really think he's mellowed alot in the last month. And having old bandmembers on shows that it's all a very relaxed kind of vibe! It's only a matter of time before he get round to Slash altho he doesn't need him. I never liked Slash's drugged out personality in the GNR days. He wrote great riffs etc.. but he lacked stage presence for me.

With so many people recording with their mobile phones, I'm guessing Axl is ok with it these days.

Or could the logistics of collecting then returning the 1000's of phones simply be to difficult to implement :D

Just Another vid of some guy in the front row freaking out. Pretty good Audio wish it was the whole song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGy7yJ23dNs

Haha....that dude sounds like he's about to cry.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS - OMG! - some guy in the audience :D

If that's the effect Duff has, the guy would have explode if Slash, Izzy, and Adler showed up :D :D :D

Cool video :thumbsup:

The guy recording that video, it's going down as a classic, I can sense it :D

Edited by star

WOW!!! Ok keeping in mind I've just spent the last hour jumping up and down about this, after checking out the vids just want to share some interesting thoughts/observations about why Duff appeared and other stuff;

1. Axl is comfortable enough with his new band now not to feel pressure/awkward/threatened about having an original member there

2. Promotion-wise, Axl knows he's singing and performing sensationally at the moment and it's a great time to get Duff in and get some media exposure to show that he and the band are sounding great

3. Duff doesn't think much of DJ

4. Duff looks fantastic onstage with Axl ... he's a f'n legend and it's so obvious that he's in a different league to the other guys

5. Duff brought new found energy ... it just felt like it was going off!!!! Can you imagine the energy with all the guys back onstage it would be like a bolt of lightning. Duff owned that stage just wandering around. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rock3rock3rock3

Duff being on stage with Axl is more of a big deal than Izzy bcos duff always seemed associated with Slash. This seems to clear that up.

But I think izzy is key to what some want.

Exactly. Izzy and Axl had a much longer history than any of the other members so it seemed natural for them to overcome that and have a little personal reunion. With Axl and Duff, you just never really knew.

Duff being on stage with Axl is more of a big deal than Izzy bcos duff always seemed associated with Slash. This seems to clear that up.

But I think izzy is key to what some want.

Izzy's worth more in the studio then on stage. I think the UYI tour showed us that.

I'm not going to lie, Duff fits in pretty well with this band.

'this band' - what? GUNS N'ROSES - never! :rofl-lol:

/that's got to be line of the week :D

//do think Slash, Adler, Izzy will fit in with 'this band'

Edited by star

I'm not going to lie, Duff fits in pretty well with this band.

'this band' - what? GUNS N'ROSES - never! :rofl-lol:

/that's got to be line of the week :D

//do think Slash, Adler, Izzy will fit in with 'this band'

I dont think Slash or Adler would fit in. I just can imagine a lineup with Duff, Bumble, DJ, Frank, Axl, Richard.