DUFF MCKAGAN on stage with Guns

GNR 1991

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl and Duff haven't been on stage together for 17 years and as far as we know have had little personal interaction for more than a decade.

Yet he puts his bass on and you watch the video and it is if they picked right back up.

When you have that kind of chemistry with someone it doesn't just go away.

Slash and Izzy hadn''t recorded together in forever, and you can hear their interaction together crystal clear on Ghost like it was old times.

Just as it never went away with Duff, if Axl and Slash actually got over themselves and got on stage together it would be the same thing as what we saw with Duff last night. When you have that chemistry it will always be there.

Axl and Duff haven't been on stage together for 17 years and as far as we know have had little personal interaction for more than a decade.

Yet he puts his bass on and you watch the video and it is if they picked right back up.

When you have that kind of chemistry with someone it doesn't just go away.

Slash and Izzy hadn''t recorded together in forever, and you can hear their interaction together crystal clear on Ghost like it was old times.

Just as it never went away with Duff, if Axl and Slash actually got over themselves and got on stage together it would be the same thing as what we saw with Duff last night. When you have that chemistry it will always be there.

Amen

I'm not just saying it, but honestly, that performance of YCBM is probably one of the best I've seen in ages. There's just something about it - you can feel the chemistry immediately. Axl even looks and sound better. One thing I immediately noticed is that he just looked and sounded more...energetic. His voice wasn't getting drowned out as much as it often does, either. It's weird but true.

His vocal mix was a LOT higher than it normally is. He did sound top notch to boot.

Axl and Duff are beaming onstage. That speaks volumes.

Old friends that have fallen out with each other often say very harsh things because they are hurt. Yet when they come face to face a lot of that tough talk and bitterness just melts away.

Life is too short to be fighting with old friends.

I bet both Axl and Duff feel like a heavy weight has been lifted off their shoulders.

It would be great for them all if one day they could get together in a room and put the past behind them.

Those are some wise words bro.

Is it just me or did Axl and Duff's interaction seem more awkward then anything else? Don't get me wrong--it was really cool and Axl and the band sounded great, but I'm talking about mainly Axl and Duff's interaction. Except at the end Axl barely acknowledges Duff.

It's not like when Izzy came on stage, you could tell Axl was happy about it--I was at the first concert when Izzy came back, back in May 06 and it was just electric. There just seems to be some coldness between Axl and Duff, much moreso than there was between Axl and Izzy when he guested.

Edited by MetalForever

Is it just me or did Axl and Duff's interaction seem more awkward then anything else? Don't get me wrong--it was really cool and Axl and the band sounded great, but I'm talking about mainly Axl and Duff's interaction. Except at the end Axl barely acknowledges Duff.

It's not like when Izzy came on stage, you could tell Axl was happy about it--I was at the first concert when Izzy came back, back in May 06 and it was just electric. There just seems to be some coldness between Axl and Duff, much moreso than there was between Axl and Izzy when he guested.

Maybe Duff just gets a bit confused by so many musicians on stage at the same time... :confused:

I mean they're just everywhere - it's hard hard to get around the stage without bumping into someone... :shrugs:

There just seems to be some coldness between Axl and Duff, much moreso than there was between Axl and Izzy when he guested.

According to Jarmo this happened purely by coincidence and was not planned.

Apparently Duff happened to be in town on business and he and Axl were staying on the same floor at the same hotel.

Might explain why there is more a coldness than with Izzy, because in that case they had been working on repairing their friendship before hand where I suspect this was the first interaction Duff/Axl had in a long ass time.

It was a good first step to have finally broken the ice of just seeing eachother again, but I suspect that unlike things with Izzy, Duff and Axl haven't had the big conversation about repairing their friendship. If that is still an elephant in the room between them then I suspect it helps explain any potential awkwardness.

Mainly a screen vid, but you can see some Axl and Duff interaction at the start.

The guy who uploaded is planning on putting up a better sound quality one later.

At the end, when Axl says "There was this guy at the end of my hallway playing all this loud music and shit. What the fuck? Oh — it's Duff!", he gives the biggest smile he can. Axl seems so happy to be with Duff on the stage again :thumbsup:

There just seems to be some coldness between Axl and Duff, much moreso than there was between Axl and Izzy when he guested.

Apparently Duff happened to be in town on business and he and Axl were staying on the same floor at the same hotel.

Might explain why there is more a coldness than with Izzy, because in that case they had been working on repairing their friendship before hand where I suspect this was the first interaction Duff/Axl had in a long ass time.

It was a good first step to have finally broken the ice of just seeing eachother again, but I suspect that unlike things with Izzy, Duff and Axl haven't had the big conversation about repairing their friendship. If that is still an elephant in the room between them then I suspect it helps explain any potential awkwardness.

That's why I'd love to have details about how this went down. I mean, that's a huge step, especially for 2 guys with such a shared history, to go from "staying on the same floor" to "playing a gig together for the first time after 17 years".

Who said what, who made the first step, all the dirty details! :D

I can believe this, the whole thing did look pretty unplanned, this may also have come over as akwardness (although I really didn't pick any akwardness up?).

You can second guess it all you like fact is one thing they definitely still do have is chemistry!!

I can believe this, the whole thing did look pretty unplanned, this may also have come over as akwardness (although I really didn't pick any akwardness up?).

You can second guess it all you like fact is one thing they definitely still do have is chemistry!!

I'm not saying they didn't have chemistry it just seemed awkward in comparison to him and Izzy in '06.

I hope Duff shows up at more shows like Izzy did in 06. It'd be REALLY cool if Izzy and Duff could BOTH come out on stage and surprise Axl one night.

That's why I'd love to have details about how this went down. I mean, that's a huge step, especially for 2 guys with such a shared history, to go from "staying on the same floor" to "playing a gig together for the first time after 17 years".

Who said what, who made the first step, all the dirty details! :D

Oh Common, we don't know what happened? Maybe they did spoke to one another already? Who knows? He did mentioned Duff before, right.

By the way, I do not believe this was totally unplanned. They must have known they were staying in the same hotel. The hotel probably already informed them. So I don't believe that at all.

About that elephant....you mean Slash? :lol:

Edited by MBRose

People say shit they don't mean all the time, in this case the 'one of us will die before we play together', so the people on both sides of the reunion vote are speculating, obviously. NOBODY has the absolute right to claim that a reunion will or will not happen - we just don't know yet. It's that uncertainty that keeps me hopeful.

And regarding Nice Boys - if you close your eyes and just listen, you'd be able to tell someone it was 1987 and they would believe you. Great performance.

I'm not saying they didn't have chemistry it just seemed awkward in comparison to him and Izzy in '06.

I hope Duff shows up at more shows like Izzy did in 06. It'd be REALLY cool if Izzy and Duff could BOTH come out on stage and surprise Axl one night.

As much as I think it'd be cool to see Duff play at a few more gigs this tour, lets make no mistake that Axl would not be happy if Duff and Izzy just surprise him by walking on stage and start playing. Something tells me Axl wouldn't be happy with that...

As much as I think it'd be cool to see Duff play at a few more gigs this tour, lets make no mistake that Axl would not be happy if Duff and Izzy just surprise him by walking on stage and start playing. Something tells me Axl wouldn't be happy with that...

And what would he do? Cancel the whole show?

can't help but laugh at everyone saying "we dont need slash"

what a bunch of morons

lol

i hear axl contacted slash to appear at the show but he was too busy playing with beiber and kesha

LOLslash

Seriously though, we don't need him. He'd be a plus over Ashba, but we don't need him.