DUFF MCKAGAN on stage with Guns

GNR 1991

There just seems to be some coldness between Axl and Duff, much moreso than there was between Axl and Izzy when he guested.

According to Jarmo this happened purely by coincidence and was not planned.

Apparently Duff happened to be in town on business and he and Axl were staying on the same floor at the same hotel.

Might explain why there is more a coldness than with Izzy, because in that case they had been working on repairing their friendship before hand where I suspect this was the first interaction Duff/Axl had in a long ass time.

It was a good first step to have finally broken the ice of just seeing eachother again, but I suspect that unlike things with Izzy, Duff and Axl haven't had the big conversation about repairing their friendship. If that is still an elephant in the room between them then I suspect it helps explain any potential awkwardness.

I can believe this, the whole thing did look pretty unplanned, this may also have come over as akwardness (although I really didn't pick any akwardness up?).

You can second guess it all you like fact is one thing they definitely still do have is chemistry!!

I'm not saying they didn't have chemistry it just seemed awkward in comparison to him and Izzy in '06.

I hope Duff shows up at more shows like Izzy did in 06. It'd be REALLY cool if Izzy and Duff could BOTH come out on stage and surprise Axl one night.

As much as I think it'd be cool to see Duff play at a few more gigs this tour, lets make no mistake that Axl would not be happy if Duff and Izzy just surprise him by walking on stage and start playing. Something tells me Axl wouldn't be happy with that...

And what would he do? Cancel the whole show?

No but it would probably quite a set-back for any chance of a reunion. I don't think Axl would appreciate old members trying to hamstring their way in unannounced. As it stands, they'll only be allowed to play when Axl wants them to. Them trying to make their way on stage when Axl hasn't agreed to it- well do you think he's gonna like that?

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kind of cool that axl has played with izzy and duff now and has at least talked to adler and sorum.

It's cool and sad, because you have had Axl have some kind of interaction with all those guys and on the other side Slash has made music with Izzy/Duff/Steven in the past year.

The only people in this equation that haven't talked/played together are Axl/Slash and it is frustrating because I think that regardless of how much Axl bellows otherwise, if you got them in a room together and locked the door I think it would end up just like it has with Izzy/Duff/Steven/Matt when they ran into Axl.

I WAS THERE!!

Was an awesome show, Guns played for over 3 hours and Axl's voice was perfect! Bumblefoot, Foetusa and Ashba were amazing on guitar and of course Duff's appearence was like :shocked: WOW! He seemed comfortable on stage and really got into it. At the end he was arm in arm with the rest of the band to say goodbye.

LONG LIVE GUNS AND ROSES. YOU SHOWED THE HATERS THAT NU-GUNS IS JUST PART OF THE EVOLUTION AND SPIRIT OF THE ORIGINAL LINE UP. THANKYOU DUFF FOR SHOWING YOUR SUPPORT AND LOYALTY TO OLD FRIENDS!

14102010162.jpg

14102010169.jpg

14102010167.jpg

14102010164.jpg

14102010163.jpg

kind of cool that axl has played with izzy and duff now and has at least talked to adler and sorum.

it is frustrating because I think that regardless of how much Axl bellows otherwise, if you got them in a room together and locked the door I think it would end up just like it has with Izzy/Duff/Steven/Matt when they ran into Axl.

That's very optimistic considering the animosity and tension there. Actually, it's rather naive. Axl and Duff, Axl and Izzy, Axl and Steven may be different than Axl and Slash given all the public comments that have gone on back and forth.

Ali

Cool. We still need Slash though.

He's to busy playing with Fergie and Rihanna to try and stay relevent to the times. Before we know it, he'll be playing with Justin Beiber.

Sad to think in a way, Izzy and Duff has rekindled their relationship with Axl, Steven is still palying rock songs in small venues, but Slash has to play with current pop acts and have a cringeworthy performance on the VMA's. He is a prostitute of himself, living in fortune and shame.

Give it up, Slash on stage will be a 100% shock and is the most impossible thing to happen. If Slash and Axl ever shared the stage together, it would be a blessing. I just don't see it happening, ever. Axl said, "one of them will die before they reunion." What more do you need.

There actually were a picture taken of Slash and Justin Beiber recently. I saw it on Twitter

Justin-meets-Slash-justin-bieber-14227265-594-395.jpg

:(:no:

Who gives a fuck? Slash has earned the right to do what he wants. Some of you are so fucking closed minded when it comes to other kinds of music that it isn't even funny. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF Slash records with Beiber,The Blue Man Group, Yanni or The Spice Girls. It's called being diverse. Slash is and always will be seen as the true lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses.

Edited by AxlSlashedIzzy

can't help but laugh at everyone saying "we dont need slash"

what a bunch of morons

LOL

Duff makes a guest appearance, as Izzy did some years ago, and you think we need Slash? That's worth laughing at, ahahaha.

Funny thing is, just like with Duff...if Slash DID come on and do 3-4 songs, everyone would be busting a nut over it. It's hilarious. People talk SO much shit about the old guys and downplay them into the ground but as soon as something happens they're the first ones to say good things about it.

It would be funny to see what happens imo. If a reunion happened, would the die hard "nu-gnr" fans, the ones who have said the worst things about the original group...walk away? Or would they magically do a 180 and try an convince everyone they were with it from the start? I've always wondered this.

Edited by Nintari

what a bunch of morons

LOL

Duff makes a guest appearance, as Izzy did some years ago, and you think we need Slash? That's worth laughing at, ahahaha.

Funny thing is, just like with Duff...if Slash DID come on and do 3-4 songs, everyone would be busting a nut over it. It's hilarious. People talk SO much shit about the old guys and downplay them into the ground but as soon as something happens they're the first ones to say good things about it.

It would be funny to see what happens imo. If a reunion happened, would the die hard "nu-gnr" fans, the ones who have said the worst things about the original group...walk away? Or would they magically do a 180 and try an convince everyone they were with it from the start? I've always wondered this.

It wouldn't matter because the band would be selling out arenas in the US. Everyone knows that Slash is the key to that success.

what a bunch of morons

LOL

It would be funny to see what happens imo. If a reunion happened, would the die "nu-gnr" fans, the ones who have said the worst things about the original group...walk away? Or would they magically do a 180 and try an convince everyone they were with it from the start? I've always wondered this.

See that's the funny thing.

Every time somebody here says they enjoy the current line up they suddenly hate the original band and down grade them at every turn.Its bullshit.I agree that for some people if there were to be a reunion it would present an interesting dilemma but not all people that enjoy this band hate the other or visa versa.

I like the current version and loved the original version, oddly enough the forum does still have members that can do both, people that don't need to hate one version to validate the other.

Depends on when and how it happened. If Axl just up and fired everyone in the band so he could have a nostalgia tour with the old guys, I'd be very pissed off. It would be the biggest asshole move he could do to guys who've been in the band for 8-12 years, and it would pretty much end any chance of new music.

I don't see what all the big fuss is about...i mean its cool but rly?

It would be like if Buckethead came onstage for you. You know you'd go mental if that happened.

I understand where he's coming from. If it were Slash or Bucket, it'd actually have a big effect on the sound of the show, but it's just the bassist. You probably wouldn't even be able to tell he was there by listening to a bootleg. The people claiming that this is the best thing to happen all tour (over the Tokyo show) are fucking nuts.

Hey Stop deepthroating for a while and give into the true GNR legacy- you cant be a ass kisser forever. Fact is a reunion of of the classic band would blow the rock world completely wide open.

Way to fucken go AXL!! most brilliant move youve made after putting DJ and ROn in for your two replacement clowns!

I don't see what all the big fuss is about...i mean its cool but rly?

It would be like if Buckethead came onstage for you. You know you'd go mental if that happened.

I understand where he's coming from. If it were Slash or Bucket, it'd actually have a big effect on the sound of the show, but it's just the bassist. You probably wouldn't even be able to tell he was there by listening to a bootleg. The people claiming that this is the best thing to happen all tour (over the Tokyo show) are fucking nuts.

Hey Stop deepthroating for a while and give into the true GNR legacy- you cant be a ass kisser forever. Fact is a reunion of of the classic band would blow the rock world completely wide open.

Way to fucken go AXL!! most brilliant move youve made after putting DJ and ROn in for your two replacement clowns!

I'm sorry if I enjoyed the longest GNR show of all time more than Duff playing bass/guitar on a few songs?

what a bunch of morons

lol

i hear axl contacted slash to appear at the show but he was too busy playing with beiber and kesha

LOLslash

Seriously though, we don't need him. He'd be a plus over Ashba, but we don't need him.

And who are you money?

Let's talk about some of your accomplishments.

what a bunch of morons

lol

i hear axl contacted slash to appear at the show but he was too busy playing with beiber and kesha

LOLslash

Seriously though, we don't need him. He'd be a plus over Ashba, but we don't need him.

And who are you money?

Let's talk about some of your accomplishments.

Guess you didn't catch the sarcasm.

I don't really care who Slash plays with. Whatever makes him money. Even if he had stuck completely to his rock roots I'd still think the band didn't need him.

I myself would be happy if there would be a reunion. But i'm more than happy with the current line-up. They do kick-ass shows! If the original Guns would be together we would have fewer awesome shows. Saw Duff 2009: GREAT!!!, Saw Gn'R 2010: GREAT!!...didn't see Slash (could'n afford to go to his gig), but i'm sure his gig was GREAT as well...so don't bitch. enjoy the music. seems like the most of the original guys have gotten over the bullshit, so should we.

Let's not overanalyze it and kill the fun, eh? Just enjoy it!

Smartest thing said all day on this board!

Im digging it..

I liked the thought about it happening and love to see that it has. To many people here on this board are either /or in thier thinking concerning the legacy of this band. Goddamn I feel sometime like a child of a divorce...like the kids cant love both parents without feeling like they have to be loyal to one side or the other??

Ive said for years.. run these guys through the studio ..get thier music out there in the universe...put them through the paces.. get thier songs heard. Even the guys in the band now are playing songs they didnt write or contribute too.. Ron DJ and 4tus are all late comers to the stage following Finck Buckethead and Tobias.And even they were charged with playing a majority of music from the origingals.

Ivesaid the sad thing about Finck that he had huge shoes to fill and his career came and went with only a handful of songs and performances while he was the lead guitarist in GNR. 10 years? He was technically in the band longer than Slash was!

Axl made a brilliant move on this one...paving roads for collaborative possibility..and who knows what?? Like that album that Duff said was almost done in 95...