Dave Grohl and The Foo Fighters

ITW 2012

I dont really mind some of the songs from them, but I dont really like Dave. I think since in the 92 (I think) vmas, where he kept on saying hi axl over and over. If u guys remember there was some kind shit that happ backstage, between Axl and Kurt. Kurt asked Axl if he could be the godfather (or something) to his child. There has been a couple of times Dave makes reference to Gnr, and not in a good way.

So what? Not everyone likes or gets along with Axl and GNR. Let that be between them. Are you really taking Axl's enemies on as your own? He doesn't even know you exist! Do you think he cares about who you don't like or who doesn't like you? Give me a break. That's just silliness.

I am just saying he disrespects Guns N Roses and if I dont like the guy for that, so be it. And that my opinion of what I feel for the guy. Nobody said I am taking on Axls enemies as my own. I dont mind Slash.

Edited by batman007

Yeah I don't particularly like them.....and don't listen to any of their stuff. However booooooooooy to I remember when they first came out. I was a teenager loving Nirvana, the history of them we all know, but then I caught a live act with Foo Fighters (supporting their first album, I think with beastie boys & sonic youth, but could be wrong) and it was one of the best shows I've seen. Since then I failed to get into them :/

So yeah i think overrated. ... but will never forget that show, it was brutal. At the time, Sonic Youth, Foo Fighters and Beastie Boys,.....shit that was a show!!!!

Yeah I don't particularly like them.....and don't listen to any of their stuff. However booooooooooy to I remember when they first came out. I was a teenager loving Nirvana, the history of them we all know, but then I caught a live act with Foo Fighters (supporting their first album, I think with beastie boys & sonic youth, but could be wrong) and it was one of the best shows I've seen. Since then I failed to get into them :/

So yeah i think overrated. ... but will never forget that show, it was brutal. At the time, Sonic Youth, Foo Fighters and Beastie Boys,.....shit that was a show!!!!

You're so lucky! I've always wanted to see the Beastie Boys in concert. I honestly love them. :wub:

Yeah man! I pretty much went to this mostly for Sonic Youth since I was a grunge geek, but was more then happy to see Beastie Boys live as well Incidentally, they absolutely went off and blew the other acts away and their performance is what I use as a baseline for comparison these days for any live act I see.

Since then, which was a long time ago (95, 96 ?), I've had the opportunity to see both Sonic Youth & Foo Fighters numerous times, but not the Beastie Boys. Always keeping my eye out for a BB show, but it seems that for wherever I am at any given time it proves to be pretty rare opportunity :(

I think I saw them at a festival once, didn't bother to go down to audience. I think it was in 2001 when Guns played same festival, Dave said something like "So you looking forward to GNR tomorrow night?"

Obviously successful band, just a bit grunge by numbers or something. I think on the live Nirvana cds you can hear how powerful he is as a drummer.

• 3 years later...

Never liked Nirvana and have never bought (or downloaded) a FF album but I enjoy hearing them and think they have some great radio songs- that Holy Diver rip off one has been stuck in my head for days ( not the HD part)

Most of all I adore the shit out of Pat Smear, that deviant fucker has always intrigued me and he made me piss myself laughing during their Late Show stint.

• Like 1

Anyone who thinks they suck or are average or are boring has never seen them live. They kick major fucking ass in concert. Great band with great mainstream rock songs that when played live become absolute monsters. They are everything that's right with mainstream music in 2014. Their documentary series Sonic Highways on HBO is fantastic. I can't wait to hear the whole album. Like Cosmonaut said Fuck the haters.

• Like 1

Stacked Actors is my fave Foos track. Solid band, nothing spectacularly dynamic but that's alright. Nirvana are the better band by miles. I always wondered what Kurt would make of FF since he really hated Pearl Jam for some reason. Also, if Grohl came into the songwriting fold more would it have harmed or helped evolve Nirvana?