METALLICAA FUCK YEA

Guest jaytus

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

is so much better, it's not even funny.

I'm not big on Metallica (or their genre) anyway. I like a few songs, particularly Fixer and Low Man's Lyric, plus the obvious Unforgiven and Nothing Else Matters. I've heard some instrumentals from their 80s albums that I liked, but most of their songs really put me off. I can stomach the 90s albums cuz they're more classic rock, but the thrash metal stuff is not for me.

^

is so much better, it's not even funny.

I'm not big on Metallica (or their genre) anyway. I like a few songs, particularly Fixer and Low Man's Lyric, plus the obvious Unforgiven and Nothing Else Matters. I've heard some instrumentals from their 80s albums that I liked, but most of their songs really put me off. I can stomach the 90s albums cuz they're more classic rock, but the thrash metal stuff is not for me.

Yeah, not a huge Metallica guy either outside of a handful of songs. But they freakin' nailed that cover, solo fits perfectly and rules. Not overly metal which is probably another reason it's one of my faves of theirs...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

• 2 weeks later...

Trujillo is awesome, he also did an awesome job with Jerry Cantrell in the Degradation Trip album, but I kinda miss Jason... I really liked his backing vocals and I don't really have any problem with 90's MetallicA (his era). Different style, but still awesome.

• 3 months later...
25 years ago today - Cliff Burton RIP

It’s been 25 years since the passing of Metallica bassist Cliff Burton, and we still love and miss him as much now as ever.

25 years ago today, the metal world lost a brother and a true talent when Cliff Burton tragically lost his life on one dark morning in Sweden. It was during the European leg of the band’s Damage Inc tour in support of the seminal ‘Master Of Puppets’ that Metallica’s tourbus skidded off a main road just outside the small city of Ljungby, claiming Cliff’s life and changing the lives of the remaining three bandmates forever

Cliff’s short time on this planet yielded a legacy that any musician would be proud of, including three of the greatest heavy metal albums ever recorded in Metallica’s 1983 debut ‘Kill ‘Em All’, 84 follow-up ‘Ride The Lightning’ and the genre-defining ‘MOP’, as well as a reputation as one of the most forward-thinking and naturally gifted metal musicians to ever pick up a bass.

• 1 month later...

St.Anger is a largely poor album, the burden of being called Metallica is both a curse and blessing. I love The Unnamed Feeling, Sweet Amber and Frantic (despite the repetitive nature, but hey many shit bands that are somehow popular don't do much besides repeat repeat repeat). The problem is the trashcan drumming, horrendous lyrics, repetitive structure on pretty much every song and the singing isn't very good. Surprisingly Lars drumming isn't all that bland, Kirk's presence is also non-existent and Bob Rock's goddamn bass is irritating. I appreciate everything they were going through and the newer Metallica has a lot more about them even though some aggression has been lost, but that's only natural.

Edited by RandallFlagg

St.Anger is a largely poor album, the burden of being called Metallica is both a curse and blessing. I love The Unnamed Feeling, Sweet Amber and Frantic (despite the repetitive nature, but hey many shit bands that are somehow popular don't do much besides repeat repeat repeat). The problem is the trashcan drumming, horrendous lyrics, repetitive structure on pretty much every song and the singing isn't very good. Surprisingly Lars drumming isn't all that bland, Kirk's presence is also non-existent and Bob Rock's goddamn bass is irritating. I appreciate everything they were going through and the newer Metallica has a lot more about them even though some aggression has been lost, but that's only natural.

Might be their second worst album, but we got "Some Kind of Monster" out of it, the movie "Let It Be" should have been. Thought the bonus DVD of them playing it live in their studio was better than what was on the album.

Yeah he only recently came out of some serious neck surgery also he talks about how being up there was really emotional in recent interviews.

Anyone heard Beyond Magnetic? I think Hate Train is pretty cool and so is Rebel of Babylon, would have preferred them on Death Magnetic rather than The Judas Kiss (awesome chorus though) and The Song That Never Ends.