MANETS.FOREVER

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much better CD book, a good pile of insight from Axl,

and no pictures of SuckBucket.

win/win

I have seen pics of this cover, in the jewel case wrapped in plastic.

Where did these come from, was it ever actually released anywhere in the world.

I would have to guess by the 2008-2009 copyright (if these are real)

The plan must have been to have these on a pressing made in 2009.

(still unusual, and it makes it all seem fake,

with the track list being the same,

no reason for the 2009 to be listed on the book)

So,

crazy ramble, worked all night.

Has ANYONE,

Seen an actual copy with this cover,

or were the jewel case pics just well done photoshops?

Edited by lost in the garden

Much better CD book, a good pile of insight from Axl,

and no pictures of SuckBucket.

win/win

I have seen pics of this cover, in the jewel case wrapped in plastic.

Where did these come from, was it ever actually released anywhere in the world.

I would have to guess by the 2008-2009 copyright (if these are real)

The plan must have been to have these on a pressing made in 2009.

(still unusual, and it makes it all seem fake,

with the track list being the same,

no reason for the 2009 to be listed on the book)

So,

crazy ramble, worked all night.

Has ANYONE,

Seen an actual copy with this cover,

or were the jewel case pics just well done photoshops?

Very few copies exist and were sold. No explanation as to how/why or how many.

There were some copiesof this produced. There's an image floating around from ages ago (around the time of the release) of a guy with the copy of the alternate version taking it to a Bumblefoot signing.

Then again not too long ago, someone found a copy in the USA, and posted a load of the pictures on here

Could someone upload the pictures here, if possible? It's taking me forever to download the file

where is this stuff coming from? howcome we don't have anymore leaks but we get this?

A) Thank you Manets for giving credit as to where this was originally posted.

B) I can tell you guys, as I'm the one who obtained and scanned it, that it is 100% real, in a jewel case and when I received it, it was shrink wrapped with the "Best Buy Exclusive" sticker on the front.

I initially posted pics I took from my phone of the whole booklet and posted them at GNRevo just everyone could see it. Then when a request was made for scans, I scanned each in, uploaded them to

TinyPic, zipped them together and threw them on the 4shared link.

I just checked my 4shared account and saw that there was 300 downloads of it and was like "Hmm, I bet this got posted at mygnr or something" :D

In any case, thanks again Manets for giving credit to where it was posted originally. I'm not here all that often but if anyone has questions on the booklet or whats more/specific scans, feel free to stop by GNRevo and

send me a PM. I can try to fulfill whatever someone needs!

where is this stuff coming from? howcome we don't have anymore leaks but we get this?

A) Thank you Manets for giving credit as to where this was originally posted.

B) I can tell you guys, as I'm the one who obtained and scanned it, that it is 100% real, in a jewel case and when I received it, it was shrink wrapped with the "Best Buy Exclusive" sticker on the front.

I initially posted pics I took from my phone of the whole booklet and posted them at GNRevo just everyone could see it. Then when a request was made for scans, I scanned each in, uploaded them to

TinyPic, zipped them together and threw them on the 4shared link.

I just checked my 4shared account and saw that there was 300 downloads of it and was like "Hmm, I bet this got posted at mygnr or something" :D

In any case, thanks again Manets for giving credit to where it was posted originally. I'm not here all that often but if anyone has questions on the booklet or whats more/specific scans, feel free to stop by GNRevo and

Thanks heaps for posting the scans man. There were some selfish people that tried hoarding the booklet for whatever. Fuck them. Can I ask if you think or know if we will get a full re-release with the alternate artwork through Best Buy? Can you elaborate on how you got this?

Much obliged, russ!

Thanks for uploading!

I don't particularly like the pictures, I preffer the original band member photos actually. But this one is much better because it's complete. The messages from Axl were a good read (although two of them had been posted before). And the lyrics are actually accurate now.

Also, the texts are hard to read, white on white or black on black, while better than the official release this is still not a very professional job.

i had no clue richard played on such little songs on the album :/

i love the way how he bases the guitar lol

I did notice on this alternate edition, he's not listed as playing on the song Chinese Democracy, whereas he is the release booklet.

Have always gotten the feeling he was a bit underused, i always thought he's a great player live and could've added some great work on the album. When you think Ron was in the band less than a year before recording was complete, he plays on all 14 songs, whereas Richard has been there since 2002 and only appears on 4 or 5.

That said, he may well be on a lot of the remaining songs. Just suprised me he was on so little of the ones released so far

It really pisses me off that they so royally fucked up this release! The booklet and all that cool stuff from Axl, no wonder he refused to promote it.

Well that's pretty stupid of him.

Seriously, we can all agree that the promotion for CD was poor but that never should have stopped Axl going on the circuit doing a whole host of interviews, debuting one of the songs on national television, radio interviews, magazine exclusives etc.

But no, he just hid away as the world condemned Chinese Democracy to the bargain bucket in a matter of months. Its obviously a good album, and it deserved better adulation than it received but Axl could have done a lot of things to give CD a better chance of being a success.

And Capone is right, better artwork wouldn't have saved this album. It's a good album with some stand out work and songs, but the truth is it just isn't to the general populations taste. Better artwork wouldn't have done anything, and although promotion could have gone someway to helping the album, the truth is word of mouth is the best promotion. But the word of mouth was relatively negative. I think its time some people on here begin to accept that although Chinese Democracy was a good album, but its not as good as you think it is and it wasn't the lack of promotion that stopped it from being a world beater. The songs have been viewed over a million times on youtube etc. and many have heard it now. If it was good enough for mainstream success, it would've been a success- promotion or not. Just some people on here aren't willing to admit to themselves that something they waited years for, spent so much time discussing, could not be everything they expected it to be. The line, I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away, springs to mind.

In the new letter from Axl where he says "This is how I spent my summer" Is this just a joking way like when kids say on the first day of school, or seeing how the album came out in November and probably went to print a month or two earlier, do you think he means he meant the summer previous to the release fine tuning everything. Also the mention of

" And how with the help of many others managed to save my own life." , this ones a lot more interesting. Is he saying that the album nearly drove him over the edge, we knew it was a back breaking time to make it but do we think he really was suicidal??

In the new letter from Axl where he says "This is how I spent my summer" Is this just a joking way like when kids say on the first day of school, or seeing how the album came out in November and probably went to print a month or two earlier, do you think he means he meant the summer previous to the release fine tuning everything. Also the mention of

" And how with the help of many others managed to save my own life." , this ones a lot more interesting. Is he saying that the album nearly drove him over the edge, we knew it was a back breaking time to make it but do we think he really was suicidal??

i would seriously believe that all the crap that axl has been through would have led to thoughts of suicide. thank god he didn't.

It's weird to see who Axl thanks in this album because he thanks Azoff yet now he is in a lawsuit with him. Pretty sad because this proves that this album was rushed out and we got a shitty copy that was forced by the record label.