What songs would you like to see dropped from the set?

ssiscool

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You Could Be Mine

Live and Let Die

November Rain

Patience

Sweet Child

Knockin On Heavens Door

Less solos too, these days I just want a punchy show,....solos spots are cool though, as they are all so darn talented, but I feel big breaks in between songs really can bring things down a bit. (though if your right at the front it can be a welcome break :P )

I would prefer to alternate than to drop.

Riad or Scraped instead of IRS maybe.

If The World or T.W.A.T instead of Sorry and Street of Dreams.

I don't think Street of Dreams will ever be dropped though.

The guys should try playing 2 sets and having an half an hour intermission.

I've just had a crazy idea. Prostitute leads into November Rain, half of each song as one song.

I would love to hear some new songs.

I think these songs are untouchable; Jungle, Easy, Nightrain, Brownstone, Paradise, Sweet Child, Live & Let Die, November Rain, Knockin', You Could Be Mine, Chinese, Street of Dreams, Madagascar, This I Love.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy2004

Guest gunns5

Those of you saying they should ditch the AfD stuff because they wouldn't be a cover band ... you do realize that the current lineup playing CD stuff would still be a cover band, right?

its better to cover the previous bands material then to cover music the previous band covered from the band before them LOL

You Could Be Mine

November Rain

Patience

Sweet Child

Knockin On Heavens Door

NEVER happen

Yup fully aware of that. Plus fully aware that casual concert goers and fans would be extremely butt hurt if any of those songs weren't played. I'm being selfish to answer the OP though, and find nowadays that all the times I've seen them live that this songs tend to bore me now and drag on too much. As "bored" as one can get watching a band you like of course.

Madagascar. While I dig some of the vocal range, I never liked the song as a whole. Plus I think it's kind of weird that he added the same bits from Cool Hand Luke as he did in Civil War.

Also maybe It's So Easy unless he started singing it more like he did back in the day. You can hardly hear Axl when he sings in the super low baritone. You hear Tommy more and whoever else is singing back up.

One of their latest set-lists with my deletions:

01. Chinese Democracy

02. Welcome To The Jungle

03. It's So Easy

04. Mr. Brownstone

05. Sorry

06. Better

07. Live And Let Die

08. This I Love

09. Rocket Queen

10. Street Of Dreams

11. You Could Be Mine

12. Sweet Child O' Mine

13. November Rain

14. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

15. Whole Lotta Rosie

16. Nightrain

17. Don't Cry

18. Madagascar

19. Paradise City

Also get rid of all the solos. This should free up, I dunno, about 25-30 minutes? To make up for this add the following songs:

There Was A Time, Catcher in the Rye, Shackler's Revenge, Perfect Crime, Don't Damn Me, Patience and You're Crazy (electric).

That would be nice.

One of their latest set-lists with my deletions:

01. Chinese Democracy

02. Welcome To The Jungle

03. It's So Easy

04. Mr. Brownstone

05. Sorry

06. Better

07. Live And Let Die

08. This I Love

09. Rocket Queen

10. Street Of Dreams

11. You Could Be Mine

12. Sweet Child O' Mine

13. November Rain

14. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

15. Whole Lotta Rosie

16. Nightrain

17. Don't Cry

18. Madagascar

19. Paradise City

Also get rid of all the solos. This should free up, I dunno, about 25-30 minutes? To make up for this add the following songs:

There Was A Time, Catcher in the Rye, Shackler's Revenge, Perfect Crime, Don't Damn Me, Patience and You're Crazy (electric).

That would be nice.

you have deleted two of my favorites! (sorry & TIL)! Thankfully he won't listen to the fans suggestions ...?? :ph34r:

Based in Portugal 2010 SetList

01-Chinese Democracy

02-Welcome to the Jungle

03-It's so Easy

04-Mr. Brownstone

05-Sorry

06-Shackler's Revenge

07-Richard Fortus Guitar Solo [James Bond Theme]

08-Live and Let Die

09-This I Love

10-Rocket Queen

11-Dizzy Reed Piano Solo [Ziggy Stardust]

12-Street of Dreams

13-You Could Be Mine

14-DJ Ashba Guitar Solo [The Ballad of Death]

15-Sweet Child O' Mine

16-Jam [Another Brick in the Wall Part II]

17-Axl Rose Piano Solo [Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Someone Saved My Life Tonight]

18-November Rain

19-Bumblefoot Guitar Solo [Pink Panther Theme]

20-Better

21-Knockin' On Heaven's Door

22-Nice Boys

23-IRS

24-Nightrain

Encore

25-Bumblefoot Guitar Solo

26-Don't Cry

27-Madagascar

28-Whole Lotta Rosie

29-Jam [Waiting on a Friend]

30-Patience

31-Paradise City

Include : TWAT, Prostitute, My Michele with Sebastian and Dead Horse.

every track from Classic GN'R. There's something not quite right hearing a cover band perform Nightrain.

so... basically you're saying that no matter who(axl,slash,duff,izzy,adler) is playing a show they shouldnt be playing a song they partly wrote just because they hate each other and arent playing together?! that's fucking bullshit. if slash wanna play sweet child, thats his thing. I mean he wrote some of it. same for axl he wrote a lot of these melodies n lyrics. what's wrong. people that are going to these shows are not involved into this. you didnt wrote it.

I reaally think they can do what they want when they want. to each their own. they wrote that stuff.

Why take out anything ADD more songs :D and just be glad Axl is performing ya know

I aggree longer sets would be better, but Axl would struggle during the Illusions. So it would mean more Jams now. Plus some songs really don't work well