What songs would you like to see dropped from the set?

ssiscool

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. "Chinese Democracy"

2. "Scraped"

3. "Shackler's Revenge"

4. "Street Of Dreams"

5. "If The World"

6. "Better"

7. "This I Love"

8. "There Was A Time"

9. "Riad N' The Bedouins"

10. "Sorry"

11. "I.R.S."

12. "Catcher"

13. "Madagascar"

14. "Prostitute"

Oh! My God! :rofl-lol:

1. "Chinese Democracy"

2. "Scraped"

3. "Shackler's Revenge"

4. "Street Of Dreams"

5. "If The World"

6. "Better"

7. "This I Love"

8. "There Was A Time"

9. "Riad N' The Bedouins"

10. "Sorry"

11. "I.R.S."

12. "Catcher"

13. "Madagascar"

14. "Prostitute"

Why, so you finally have some sort of valid argument that they're nothing more than a cover band? :rolleyes:

Brownstone and Easy for me. they are more the og lineup. I really think they could put Shacklers and IRS or Better in there and nobody would notice. there's very few songs you can really think about dropping.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

i would say If The World but they don't play it usually

I actually gained a greater appreciation of “If The World” through hearing it in a live capacity.

Chinese Democracy (simply beacuse i prefered the 2001 and 2002 versions)

Nah “Chinese Democracy” is very simplistic and rocking (it provides everything necessary for persuading gig goers into embracing the newer songs in general).

really hit or miss

It’s profound and hard hitting – wholly necessary and thoroughly enjoyable (particularly considering Axl naturally replicates the vehemence of the song night on night).

Madagascar... always hated that song.

“Madagascar” is probably one of my favourite live songs off “Chinese Democracy” (gave me goosebumps).

I’m simply pointing out there isn’t going to be unanimity in regards to this which is ultimately why only GN’R should get pick the songs played (there’s obviously a strategy at play to please all as opposed to a virtual community largely not attending the actual performance).

GN’R play to please those who’ve spent money to see them play (not guys counting on a couple of Youtube videos in multiple far away places).

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Drop: Live and Let Die, Don't Cry, KOHD, & Paradise City, Whole Lotta Rosie

* The reason I'd drop those songs is because they simply don't have the umpf they did in the 90's. The only time I enjoyed KOHD in the past nine years was when Duff was on stage at the 02 Arena. Don't Cry isn't the same without the whole band playing it. LALD just doesn't have that raw sound anymore and the pyro in the song feels wrong. Whole Lotta Rosie is actually great, but I prefer Nice Boys, so Whole Lotta Rosie could be scrapped for another song.

Add: Iftheworld, Riad, Silkworms, OMG, Pretty Tied Up, Civil War

Keep in mind this my opinion. Don't flame me.

Edited by iftheworld

Guest gunns5

Chinese Democracy is one of the best songs live in their whole set, the pyrotechnics, DJ's opening riff and Axl running out screaming vocals in your face its the highlight of the fucking show.

Watch this

fucking brilliant!

Edited by gunns5

Chinese Democracy is one of the best songs live in their whole set, the pyrotechnics, DJ's opening riff and Axl running out screaming vocals in your face its the highlight of the fucking show.

Watch this

fucking brilliant!

That was fucking brilliant! :) Thanx :thumbsup:

Guest gunns5

Watch this

fucking brilliant!

That was fucking brilliant! :) Thanx :thumbsup:

I was there ;)

x that by 100 and you are not even close as to how much better it is Live.

Watch this

fucking brilliant!

Brilliant.

Whats with all the Live and Let Die hate? Personally i think it's an awesome song. And should deffinatly be kept in the setlist.

every track from Classic GN'R. There's something not quite right hearing a cover band perform Nightrain.

Says the kid who stated My World is better than Chinese Democracy. Why don't you do us all a favor cupcake and shut the fuck up. I'm sick of these kids and their cover band bullshit comments.

every track from Classic GN'R. There's something not quite right hearing a cover band perform Nightrain.

Says the kid who stated My World is better than Chinese Democracy. Why don't you do us all a favor cupcake and shut the fuck up. I'm sick of these kids and their cover band bullshit comments.

If you don't agree with my veiws so what. Maybe you should 'shut the fuck up'

My point in my post was, there's no point have some cover band destroy the GN'R legacy :xmassrudolph:

Edited by star

If you don't agree with my veiws so what. Maybe you should 'shut the fuck up'

My point in my post was, there's no point have some cover band destroy the GN'R legacy :xmassrudolph:

please, just copy all of SONOFABITCH's and SunnyDRE's posts when you post again. at least they know how to do this :rofl-lol:

Leave out:

KOHD

sleeper, kills the drive of every show after the 4-5 energetic songs.

Paradise City

the band sound like they just want to get it over with, a song that must be played for the fans but it's freakin boring)

SCOM

I think we've heard this song enough now. They play it at every freaking show. And it's a song that Axl struggles with most of the time. It sounds half-assed. Like PC, they just want to get it over with so they can move on to the juicier stuff.

Madagascar

It doesn't work for me anymore. It had more soul in 2002. I think the essence of this song has been lost.

Don't Cry

If you continue to play it with half of the band not joining or not knowing how to play it, what's the point?

NEVER leave out:

SHACKLER'S REVENGE (!!!), Nightrain, Chinese Democracy, It's So Easy, WTTJ, Live And Let Die

Get in:

COMA, ESTRANGED, Prostitute, Down on the Farm, TWAT, Pretty Tied Up, Civil War, Perfect Crime, Right Next Door to Hell

pretty much agreed except they should keep madagascar (you are right though it was better in 2002 with Bucket, Finck and Brain but well what isn't)

you are very right about Knockin' and Paradise City