Street Of Dreams

slash_plocman

I like the one that had "OK NEVERMIND!!" on it, I still hear it whenever I've heard the song, regardless of which version it is.

me too..

It was without doubt the best performance (ruined by Axl's 'ok nevermind') of The Blues.

The Blues / Street of Dreams is one of the few songs on CD to came close to matching what once made GN'R the great band it was.

I havn't played Chinese Democracy for way over 6 months, propably a lot longer. Everynow and then when I reach out to pick a disc (I own way over 400, maybe closer to 600) I contemplate Chinese Democracy, my mind involuntary plays the album on fast forward stopping briefly at the various gapping holes, awkward moments, out of place layers, and the whole 10 year+ history of its making - then I can't spin the disc, it becomes an non option. The longer I leave it, the less I can bring myself to place it. But I know, the day I play Chinese Dem again I will for sure fast forward to the all too few good moments (the guitar solo's) only for my mind to to auto review the album for all its bad points.

Maybe CD-II well see Axl return to form..

I havn't played Chinese Democracy for way over 6 months, propably a lot longer. Everynow and then when I reach out to pick a disc (I own way over 400, maybe closer to 600) I contemplate Chinese Democracy, my mind involuntary plays the album on fast forward stopping briefly at the various gapping holes, awkward moments, out of place layers, and the whole 10 year+ history of its making - then I can't spin the disc, it becomes an non option. The longer I leave it, the less I can bring myself to place it. But I know, the day I play Chinese Dem again I will for sure fast forward to the all too few good moments (the guitar solo's) only for my mind to to auto review the album for all its bad points.

And what all that have to do with the original post??

The Blues / Street of Dreams features on Chinese Democracy. To reach that track many others have to be skipped. On reaching the track, the listener is rewarded with one of the worst mixes of the song. Shit happens :shrugs:

The Blues / Street of Dreams features on Chinese Democracy. To reach that track many others have to be skipped. On reaching the track, the listener is rewarded with one of the worst mixes of the song. Shit happens :shrugs:

Yeah if you don't care for a song It's backbreaking work to skip it with your remote control :lol:

I love the live version from 2002 best. The intro part of Robin's that was omitted was my favorite.

I miss the synth whistle in the background during the verses and the name change was a bad idea.

The studio version sounds more like a demo from 1999 or so. I don't like it. The live one is better. ((better))