GNR rehearsing ESTRANGED

auad

^As much as I agree with you, DJ's failed attempt to play This I Love wasn't a matter of reproducing Robin's style. And no, DJ didn't improve the solo later, he just made A LOT of shortcuts to avoid all the bending..

How I know this? Because I just recorded a version of the song and trust me, it isn't that hard, really:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^As much as I agree with you, DJ's failed attempt to play This I Love wasn't a matter of reproducing Robin's style. And no, DJ didn't improve the solo later, he just made A LOT of shortcuts to avoid all the bending..

How I know this? Because I just recorded a version of the song and trust me, it isn't that hard, really:

Yeah,

1.) It sounds like shit, including the guitar solo.

2.) How many times did you do this over?

3.) Did you play for an hour and a half in front of an audience, in a strange country, not knowing for sure you were going to play the song, while learning how to play with 6 other guys and a living legend of modern music, and then try to play it?

4.) I prefer DJ's re-doing of it compared to the stuttering-never-resolving nonsense of Robin Fink.

I don't see the reason to get all bitchy about who "plays what better" and stuff?

The fact remains is if they play Estranged it'll be the first time they played it in 18 years and millions of people around the world would be able to see the spectacle.

millions?

I don't see the reason to get all bitchy about who "plays what better" and stuff?

The fact remains is if they play Estranged it'll be the first time they played it in 18 years and millions of people around the world would be able to see the spectacle.

millions?

Quite likely, it's streamed on one of the world's largest websites...

Yeah,

1.) It sounds like shit, including the guitar solo.

2.) How many times did you do this over?

3.) Did you play for an hour and a half in front of an audience, in a strange country, not knowing for sure you were going to play the song, while learning how to play with 6 other guys and a living legend of modern music, and then try to play it?

4.) I prefer DJ's re-doing of it compared to the stuttering-never-resolving nonsense of Robin Fink.

The 4 and 1 statements gave me a clue about you already, so Im not playing your game.

And 2 and 3: I'm not a professional musician. DJ had MONTHS to learn it properly and failed. Deal with it.

Nice solo man, the instrumental behind it sucks of course as there's no piano but you got the feel of the solo. Still imperfect, something about the tune isn't quite right, but globally I enjoyed it, keep working, you're on the right path!

As for DJ, yes he plays a simplified solo but it's classy, square, I like it. Not worth the Finck solo though, but DJ Ashba has a solid style and is more of a showman than a tortured moving musician, while Finck is the other way around: fragile, tortured, no showman but musically depper (which means, I prefer Finck of course).

Edited by D..