GNR rehearsing ESTRANGED

auad

Impossible is nothing?

RIR Set: Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Catcher In The Rye, New Song #1, Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme) [Richard Fortus], Live And Let Die, Piano Solo (Ziggy Stardust) [Dizzy], Street Of Dreams, You Could Be Mine, Rocket Queen, My Michelle, Guitar Solo [DJ Ashba], Sweet Child O' Mine, Shackler's Revenge, Perfect Crime, Piano Solo [Axl], November Rain, Whole Lotta Rosie, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, New Song #2, Prostitute, This I Love, Out Ta Get Me, Estranged, Guitar Solo (Pink Panther/Don't Cry) [bumblefoot], Don't Cry, Nightrain

Encore: Madagascar, There Was A Time, Better, Patience, Nice Boys, New Song #3, Paradise City

Edited by Óscar2002

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impossible is nothing?

RIR Set: Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Catcher In The Rye, New Song #1, Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme) [Richard Fortus], Live And Let Die, Piano Solo (Ziggy Stardust) [Dizzy], Street Of Dreams, You Could Be Mine, Rocket Queen, My Michelle, Guitar Solo [DJ Ashba], Sweet Child O' Mine, Shackler's Revenge, Perfect Crime, Piano Solo [Axl], November Rain, Whole Lotta Rosie, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, New Song #2, Prostitute, This I Love, Out Ta Get Me, Estranged, Guitar Solo (Pink Panther/Don't Cry) [bumblefoot], Don't Cry, Nightrain

Encore: Madagascar, There Was A Time, Better, Patience, Nice Boys, New Song #3, Paradise City

I'm assuming this is your dream setlist? I'm with you on it actually. Though I'd gladly sacrifice Prostitute (which is one of my favorite songs) for Civil War, OR I'd switch Prostitute and This I Love's positions.

Impossible is nothing?

I'm assuming this is your dream setlist? I'm with you on it actually. Though I'd gladly sacrifice Prostitute (which is one of my favorite songs) for Civil War, OR I'd switch Prostitute and This I Love's positions.

Yes, it`s my dream setlist. I agree with you, even remove a song from Chinese Democracy would be no problem.

(Excuse my english)

Guys, don't get too excited. Actually I myself play the same part of estranged DJ did on that video really often on rehearsals with my band when I'm getting my guitar to sound right. I just like that lick, that's all. These few notes doesn't even mean that they are rehearsing it.

Guys, don't get too excited. Actually I myself play the same part of estranged DJ did on that video really often on rehearsals with my band when I'm getting my guitar to sound right. I just like that lick, that's all. These few notes doesn't even mean that they are rehearsing it.

They've rehearsed several times over the years. Have you not been following the first five pages?

I love how Ron Realizes he's playing Estranged and quickly shuts the camera off. Real sly Ron. ;)

either he knows they are going to play it and doesnt want to spoil the surprise or he knows they arent going to play it and doesnt want to get our hopes up :)

or he was just finished showing off his guitars...

I love how Ron Realizes he's playing Estranged and quickly shuts the camera off. Real sly Ron. ;)

either he knows they are going to play it and doesnt want to spoil the surprise or he knows they arent going to play it and doesnt want to get our hopes up :)

Obviously that wasn't the reason he turned the camera off.

Nah, it's one of those two options above. He was showing his guitars on one pace, then they started playing estranged, he starts screaming and hurries up to shut it down....

Spirit, thanks alot for clearing that up for me. Am i the only one who thinks that DJ's part doesn't sound anything like the album version? Not just a different tone, but I can't even hear any similar notes.

give dj a chance, he will get better. Just look at him playing TIL for example and other solos at the start of the 09 tour, they were shit. However he got better as he went a long (must take notes out of Axl's book).

Spirit, thanks alot for clearing that up for me. Am i the only one who thinks that DJ's part doesn't sound anything like the album version? Not just a different tone, but I can't even hear any similar notes.

pheew, glad it wasn't just me. I couldn't hear Estranged in any form.

Who cares. If they play it, awesome. If they don't, life goes on. Move on.

This is why we want it played....look/listen how kick ass it is, esp live!

Oklahoma's better.

Rio II is much better

I heard a very little part of it at the very end, the majority of the video isn't Estranged its just some chords and riffing. But at the end of clip before Ron cuts the feed off you can clearly (well not clearly but its audible) hear it

Oklahoma's better.

Rio II is much better

No.

Oklahoma's better.

Rio II is much better

Noblesville 1991

I think there's no way they would play 'Estranged'. That's a Slash song, not saying he totally wrote it but it was one of the songs where Slash showed how capable the man is to handle such a potential sound and solo. That's why they don't play: Civil War, Locomotive, Coma, Double Talkin' Jive. Too much 'SLASH' printed on those songs. 'November Rain' was an exception along with 'Rocket Queen' because they HAD to play those songs, and look what they did to them, DISGRACE. Even YCBM is a JOKE nowadays.

Okay,you're an idiot.

I think there's no way they would play 'Estranged'. That's a Slash song, not saying he totally wrote it but it was one of the songs where Slash showed how capable the man is to handle such a potential sound and solo. That's why they don't play: Civil War, Locomotive, Coma, Double Talkin' Jive. Too much 'SLASH' printed on those songs. 'November Rain' was an exception along with 'Rocket Queen' because they HAD to play those songs, and look what they did to them, DISGRACE. Even YCBM is a JOKE nowadays.

Okay,you're an idiot.

Oh, come on, sailaway. That's gotta be one of the funniest quotes on the Internet -- especially if he was serious. xD

I lol'd.

Okay,you're an idiot.

Oh, come on, sailaway. That's gotta be one of the funniest quotes on the Internet -- especially if he was serious. xD

I lol'd.

I'm amazed at the level of stupidity,and misinformation online.

Okay,you're an idiot.

I lol'd.

I'm amazed at the level of stupidity,and misinformation online.

It was definitely a stupid post, but it was so stupid that the user couldn't possibly have been serious.

If he was, there is a new lowest common denominator.