Is GNR your favorite band ever?

Sonny Largo

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old band was my farorite band. This new incarnation is not. In fact, I realize that I'm not even a fan of Axl anymore, and Rio 2011 reinforced that. The new gnr doesn't sound and feel like the old. Rio was so bad and so painful to watch. Not only Axl gave a poor performance, but somethings are simply terrible, like the "Guns. N. Roses" chants with the drums, 1 or 2 times could do it, but 10 times urghhh, and there are too many solos, Ashba, Thal, Dizzy, WTF?, and the time between songs is too damn long. CD the album is depressing, too much shit going on, and sucks hard even thought it took 10 years to make. I would've never imagine my favorite band would become so boring and so terrible.

yes. Unfortunately they are.

Lol. I know the feeling some times. Having spent over $5k over the past 10 years to attend 14 concerts (13 of which they showed up), $3k on GNR memorabilia, a GNR vanity plate (W TT J - I own an Audi TT), a tattoo of guns and roses from my shoulder to elbow, and a curiosity that brings me coming back to an internet forum, to say that GNR is not my favourite band of all time would be foolish.

There are bands that I find myself listening to more sometimes (Coldplay, Radiohead, Pearl Jam, U2), but I'll always have love in my heart for the band that awoken me to music. Watching Axl sit at the grand piano for the November Rain video inspired me to play the piano myself. Later on in my life I'd join a band and get to experience the feeling of playing live; though not on the same scale, experience on a micro-scale what my childhood idol felt like.

Moreover, I was lucky enough to thank Axl in person for being such a huge part of my life a couple years back. It's funny though, after that incident I've kind of let go and stopped caring or worrying so much about Planet GNR. I'll be a GNR fan for the rest of my life, but I've moved on in a certain respect.

Anyway, not sure why I'm writing all of this in this topic but kind of thought I'd add my two cents.

Cheers,

Andrew

no

i don't have a favourite band

i like many bands

the adler slash axl duff izzy was my favourite gn'r line up, thats for sure

i like Nirvana - too bad one of them went and shot himself

i like Blind Melon - too bad the lead singer took drugs

i like Garbage - they do what they do well

i like REM - too bad they have quit

i like The Smiths - too bad the lead singer went his own way and now performs with hired hands

i like The Red Hot Chili Peppers - they've created some great tracks!

i like Green Day - Their still going, still making great music - a good example of why a band should stick together.

Could you ever imagine Green Day feat. just the lead singer + and bunch of hired hands ? it simply wouldn't be Green Day anymore..

Edited by star

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

They still are...get over it.

You can’t claim that, yet anyway. They’ve had no musical output to date and are yet to put on a high profile live show warranting such an accolade (Rio was that opportunity).

The band’s definitely got potential, though.

My top 3.

1) GNR

2) Nine Inch Nails

3) The Doors

the original line up defintely.

Then

Korn

Smashing Pumpkins (Siamese Dream line up)

Nirvana

Nine Inch Nails are great. Have they really stopped ?

Someone once lent me a Smashing Pumpkins tape. They did nothing for me. Although there was just track I really liked:

Eye:

Eye - Live:

Edited by star

Guns N' Roses will always have a special place in my heart cause they were the first band to really influence me and when I was a kid they were sort of the bridge that helped me branch out and explore music.

They are one of my favorite bands, but right now Pearl Jam is my all time favorite

Guns N' Roses will always have a special place in my heart cause they were the first band to really influence me and when I was a kid they were sort of the bridge that helped me branch out and explore music.

They are one of my favorite bands, but right now Pearl Jam is my all time favorite

I used to love Pearl Jam (Ten, VS, Vitalogy) then lost interest until last year with Backspacer.

I forgot just how amazing they were.

Yeah they are fantastic!

My favorite albums from them are Ten, Vs. and Binaural, I really like the fact that they are willing to branch out and try different things (same reason why I like GNR too).

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Ok I get you but what band can actually outstage GNR?

When Axl and the band show up (I mean performance wise, not physically), very few.

But the point is Guns N’ Roses (2009 onwards) haven’t put out an album or won a high profile show. When there’s an album in play and GN’R overwhelm Madison Square Garden, then it will be a realistic and plausible title.

A thread like this is so dork for me,

Ive been an avid fan of music and musicians for so long now that I have a million bests and favorites.

you people who only know american billboard top10 rock n roll bands, you make me sick with pity.

A thread like this is so dork for me,

Ive been an avid fan of music and musicians for so long now that I have a million bests and favorites.

you people who only know american billboard top10 rock n roll bands, you make me sick with pity.

:rolleyes: