Guns N' Roses to play on a major festival Asuncion, Paraguay 15/10/11 Updates!

iSORRY

All this setlist debate would be put aside if they played one new song. New music isn't a lot to ask of a band, really.

Just appreciating what we're getting isn't too much to ask of fans, either.

The only problem is that they've been touring this setlist for about 2 years now, a couple of changes here and there wouldn't harm them. But it seems like something typical for this incarnation of the band, falling into repetition.

Exactly.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i prefer no tour at all instead of seeing/hearing the same songs coming up over and over again. After a while it becomes a cash grab and that's not how you threaten your fans.

Haha, so not touring at all is a better way of treating your fans than touring with all the hits? Wow.

To keep the fans happy they also have to release new material (cd's, dvd's,...) but, for whatever reason, it seems impossible for them to do so.

Uhm, newsflash for ya, they released a record in late 2008.

i prefer no tour at all instead of seeing/hearing the same songs coming up over and over again. After a while it becomes a cash grab and that's not how you threaten your fans.

Haha, so not touring at all is a better way of treating your fans than touring with all the hits? Wow.

To keep the fans happy they also have to release new material (cd's, dvd's,...) but, for whatever reason, it seems impossible for them to do so.

What do fans discuss when a band releases new music? The songs. What do fans have to discuss when a band don't releases new music but keep touring the same setlist over and over again? Wich songs are on and of the setlist? A 20 year old song that Axl didn't performed in 18 years?

What do fans discuss when a band releases new music? The songs. What do fans have to discuss when a band don't releases new music but keep touring the same setlist over and over again? Wich songs are on and of the setlist? A 20 year old song that Axl didn't performed in 18 years?

I don't think Guns N Roses exist only to make people spent their lifes on message board discussing about band. I bet they exist to play concerts and make music. Anyone who went on the shows complain about Guns N Roses touring once again.

Wow, that video shot from the air looks like the scene from "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" when there in the mountains and the spaceship arrives. Now for those complaining about the set list, I would love to hear ALL of Chinese but if your a casual fan, the kind who for the most part fills up these crowds, you probably don't even own the record. So for Axl to come out there and play almost half the record to a bunch of people who came mostly just the hear "the hits" , thats not so bad if you ask me. On top of the fact as we have said many times here, only a very small percentage of the people going to any shows on this tour read this forum. So to probably something like 80% of these crowds the set list will be a total surprise, and they'll hear all the songs they paid to hear plus some new material (to them).

All this setlist debate would be put aside if they played one new song. New music isn't a lot to ask of a band, really.

The only problem is that they've been touring this setlist for about 2 years now, a couple of changes here and there wouldn't harm them. But it seems like something typical for this incarnation of the band, falling into repetition.

Exactly.

But they did change a couple of songs. Estranged, Riff Raff, Out to get me, Since I've been loving you?

The only change I really would like to see, is new material.

But this setlist is not a bad one. Besides, most people who are going to see them, want to see the old stuff and aren't that interested in the new.

Fuck man whoever is complaining about the setlist most probably didn't go to the show or any show for that matter. Can you leave the fucking band alone?

They are touring, people are having fun...count your lucky stars this ain't 2003-2005.

You're all fucking annoying with "new songs" "estranged" (which ya'll lttle fucking wankers got in the setlist) "silkworms etc......

THERE IS NO NEW FUCKING SONGS!!!Until there is can you all fuck off and come back when there is some?

Get a fuckin' life and discuss that

What the fuck has my life to do with the fact that this band falls into repetition all over again? NOTHING!!! This is a fucking Guns N' Roses fan forum board. A place where we can discuss and talk about our favourite band. If you or any other asshole can't stand that, fuck off.

i saw avenged sevenfold, disturbed, and godsmack this summer and all 3 bands played the exact same songs, in the exact same order every single night of the tours. the fact that guns switches up a song here or there, changes the order here or there.....is more than most bands do. stop whining about setlists and enjoy the show!!!

I would pay fkn anything to see this show, but I must say that I'm surprised that they aren't playing any new songs during this tour. I mean, there are many songs out there which are ready, judging from what we've heard. I would assume that the band would love to try out some new material in front of their fans.

Seems strange to me.

THIS Xs INFINITY!

We have whining ass crybaby punks on this site that think they're God and somehow they'll convince Axl to do as they say. Grow the fuck up and get off your imaginary island.

If you don't like the setlist go watch your shitty Foo Fighters.

Haha, what the fuck...

I can't even reply to this mess. I just can't do it. :rofl-lol: