How do you rate the current crop of guitarists in terms of importance?

Guest NGOG

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I think unquestionably Dj will be the primary influencer in terms of the studio with Bumblefoot and Richard as the secondary and tertiary players respectively.

1. Dj

2. Bumblefoot

3. Richard

The importance of each player live however is a lot more difficult to determine; Dj is a wonderful entertainer, Bumblefoot has the chops, and Richard incorporates both qualities.

1. Richard

2. Bumblefoot

3. Dj

There’s very little between the latter contest.

I think unquestionably Dj will be the primary influencer in terms of the studio with Bumblefoot and Richard as the secondary and tertiary players respectively.

1. Dj

2. Bumblefoot

3. Richard

The importance of each player live however is a lot more difficult to determine; Dj is a wonderful entertainer, Bumblefoot has the chops, and Richard incorporates both qualities.

1. Richard

2. Bumblefoot

3. Dj

There’s very little between the latter contest.

I like DJ and Axl seem to really like him too, which is very important I think. Axl doesn't seem to have the best stage relationship with Ron does he?!

Bumble gets to play :

-Main CD solo

-WTTJ solo

-Main NR solo

-Main Estranged Solo

-Nightrain solo

-Wah part on SCOM solo

All in all he gets the most difficult and noticeable parts.

However, DJ is probably the second star after Axl on that stage.

Fortus is probably the most subtle of them three. He has the chops, the attitude, and the taste.

DJ is the most charismatic by far in terms of stage presence and although he's not the most talented guitar player out there, he plays very well and with a 'slahshy' sense of feeling.

I bet he finds it difficult when he has to stop playing in order for Bumble to take the lead - it just doesn't seem a natural thing this 2 lead guitar-player thing that is so dear of Axl... :confused:

1. Dj

2. Bumblefoot

3. Richard

1. Richard

2. Bumblefoot

3. Dj

There's very little between the latter contest.

Currently:

1) Ron

2) Ron

3) Ron

4) Fortus

5) Ron

DJ is the most charismatic by far in terms of stage presence and although he's not the most talented guitar player out there, he plays very well and with a 'slahshy' sense of feeling.

I bet he finds it difficult when he has to stop playing in order for Bumble to take the lead - it just doesn't seem a natural thing this 2 lead guitar-player thing that is so dear of Axl... :confused:

The band sort the live arrangements themselves, there've always been three guitar tracks on GNR material going right back to Appetite, it's just that they couldn't do it live. The arrangement they've got at the moment with Ron taking over half way through the Sweet Child solo is actually the closest live arrangement to the way it was recorded in the band's history. Slash recorded the solo in two different parts, using a different tone (with the wah) for the second half, the band are just doing it justice. I don't think it's a bone of contention between them, nor is it some bizarre design of Axl's.

Anyways:

Ron

Richard

DJ

1. Dj

2. Bumblefoot

3. Richard

1. Richard

2. Bumblefoot

3. Dj

There's very little between the latter contest.

Currently:

1) Ron

2) Ron

3) Ron

4) Fortus

5) Ron

This.

1. Ron. I love this guy. Hes talented and really good to he's fans

2. Richard Fortus. Does nice job on some guitar parts and seems like a nice guy

3. Dj Ashba. Really cool guy, but I dont know yet about him. I want to hear hes contribute on new songs first.

1. Richard

2. Dj

3. Bumblefoot

To me Bumblefootneeds to stop showing off and actually play his solos correctly. "I have a double guitar", "I have a guitar with no frets" No one cares, just stop f*cking up your solos!

If you don't know the difference between the sound of a fretless and a fretted guitar or the importance about having two necks in that double guitar, you cannot talk about fucking up solos.

Well

Richard is my favorite of the bunch, why.

Just look at him when he plays. He almost kills all his guitars live. He bounces with them he dances with them he fights against them. That's the true spirit of rock n roll do everything posible to get what you want and what you fans love. Richard is the main influence on the rhythme section of the songs, but when he does his solo's like with Street of dreams it's just magic.

Although we haven't seen him perform many solo's on the real gnr songs... I'm betting he's a capable player just like Dj and Ron.

He's a very talented musiscian and you can tell when you listen to his solo stuff. He's a badass to the bone.

Dj is almost a slash look a like with the style and the playing style... come on how hard is it to see..

None are important, they only need to learn the licks of old GNR and some of Axl's new material. Seriously, it doesn't really matter at all who's playing what because nobody knows any of these guys. Axl tours every 5 years.

facepalm.jpg

Live

Bumblefoot

Rich

DJ

Studio

Bumblefoot

DJ

Rich

I (I'm talking about us all, actually) don't know how they work in the studio but since DJ is like a fkn' bitch telling everyone how he works on new GNR music everyday - which obviously is not true - I bet he'd be at least the 2nd most important guy in the studio. We know for a fact that Ron worked on a lot of the old Chinese songs, so the next album would have Ron all over it again. I hope so. I certainly wouldn't want to hear DJ all over the album and Bucket/Robin erased from it - certainly won't happen, but since DJ is like Axl's new bitch, new toy, I simply dunno.

1. Richard

2. Dj

3. Bumblefoot

To me Bumblefootneeds to stop showing off and actually play his solos correctly. "I have a double guitar", "I have a guitar with no frets" No one cares, just stop f*cking up your solos!

If you don't know the difference between the sound of a fretless and a fretted guitar or the importance about having two necks in that double guitar, you cannot talk about fucking up solos.

He doesn't even know what he's talking about.

Because Ron joined the band too late to be on the album and even then the album was postponed - not saying he was the reason, but it happened - so he (and Frank) added their contributions. Ron played on every track and was a major part of the album, even being credited with "additional arrangements" on Shackler's and Catcher if I'm not wrong. Richard, on the other hand, played rhythm and not on every song - and he joined the band four years before Ron! As for Ashba, we are not sure. We know he likes to talk (more than he should actually), but nothing proves that he's writing songs with Axl. He could be writing songs and giving them to Axl - hopefully Axl will ignore his generic riffs and licks, though.