The SONGS that the 2011 setlists really MISS

D..

I'll tell you what are the songs that these setlists miss, and I'll only allow people with good tastes in this topic :rofl-lol:

Let's be real honest, here are the songs that we'd all love to hear:

1) Coma (i was astonished that everybody knew the lyrics in norway and how it was everyone's favourite song!)

2) There Was a Time

3) Prostitute

4) Catcher in the Rye

5) I.R.S.

6) Sailing

That's ALL we want, let it be on rotation, whatever. People are fed up with "live and let die" and "knockin on heaven's door" bullshit.

Don't bring back "if the world" ever. Worst song on CD. Same for Riad, don't bring those fuckers back.

The songs in this list are top notch choices from people with fine test. I'm being objective here :chef:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you what are the songs that these setlists miss, and I'll only allow people with good tastes in this topic :rofl-lol:

Let's be real honest, here are the songs that we'd all love to hear:

1) Coma (i was astonished that everybody knew the lyrics in norway and how it was everyone's favourite song!)

2) There Was a Time

3) Prostitute

4) Catcher in the Rye

5) I.R.S.

6) Sailing

That's ALL we want, let it be on rotation, whatever. People are fed up with "live and let die" and "knockin on heaven's door" bullshit.

Don't bring back "if the world" ever. Worst song on CD. Same for Riad, don't bring those fuckers back.

The songs in this list are top notch choices from people with fine test. I'm being objective here :chef:

I would replace Prostitute with Don't Damn Me

shacklers, twat, riad, scraped, oh my god, back off bitch, right next door to hell, the garden, the garden of eden (it would REALLY fit in with this bands style with all the synths and electronics in that song), coma, dont damn me, dead horse, PRETTY TIED UP, civil war, YESTERDAYS, get in the ring, breakdown, crazy acoustic, down on the farm, and ANYTHING NEW

The Garden (kind of need Cooper)

No they don't. The whole reason they have Alice on the record is because when Axl recited the lines everyone thought he sounded like Alice. So they figured they might as well get Alice to do them.

Yesterdays

Civil War

TWAT

Catcher

Dead Horses

Shacklers

Cheers,

Andrew

I'd like to hear something new and exciting, that's for sure. I see 3 options which come to mind: Continue to do AFD nostalgia tour (which is great, but many people are getting tired of it), do more chi dem songs which are hard to pull off live and require big production and cardio-freak Axl in order to sound optimal, or do more UYI songs with the AFD songs.

I'd like to hear some rock n roll for sure, so why not pull in the Garden (which Axl did a masterful job of in Hartford '93), Double Talkin Jive, Locomotive (which could be a nice complement to Estranged, and the Chi Dem songs too), Dont Damn Me, Yesterdays, or Shotgun Blues. I'd love to hear these songs, but even as I'm writing this I'm thinking these songs wouldnt be right without Slash. I dunno, maybe the Garden would work. Coma without Slash seems weird. You need Slash for the swag of ALL these songs. Fuck. Where do we go now?

Civil War and Double Talkin' Jive. I was never a huge fan of the latter but I imagine the current line-up could have a lot of fun jamming over that one.

If Axl gets his 2010 voice going in full force again, I'd say Perfect Crime. His heavy rasp from the end of the 2010 tour would be PERFECT for that.

As for music, I listen to a lot of stuff and while I agree AC/DC have some great hits, they don't have an almost flawless album, same goes for Metallica, while CD is near perfect.

Make your mind up son! ;)

1. New song

2. New song

3. New song

4. New song

5. New song

6. New song

7. New song

8. New song

9. New song

Sorry.. which is also a great song though.

I mean common: I used to read in the really old days that GN'R was all about not having a setlist. Axl would always say: we play whatever we feel like in no particular order.

To be honest, that's something which hasn't been the case already for a long long time. Anyway, if there's plenty of material lying around: just release it and play it!

We're not that critical right? As long as we get fed some new shit!