CD follow up

fred_carston

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there any news on a follow up to chinese democracy? anything set in stone, tracklisting? artwork? album title? im guessing the Red Panda thing was made up since it got removed straight away on here. Has Axl or any of the band members spoken about it?

No news yet.

Nov 11 maybe.

Basically:

- Sebastian said a long time ago they had 3 albums worth of material, and that CD would be a trilogy with the third due 2012.

- Axl said the songs on CD were more conservative while the songs on the next record would be "Electronica with full guitars"

- Axl gave us some song titles that were not present in CD: The General, Soul Monster, Jackie Chan, etc...

- DJ says it's their main priority at the moment and that he was written some material with Axl and that the band has a ton of material laying around.

- Tommy told fans not to hold their breath for the next album.

- Sebastian said he heard the new Axl/Ashba song and said it was awesome.

But that's it I guess... any more?

is there any news on a follow up to chinese democracy? anything set in stone, tracklisting? artwork? album title? im guessing the Red Panda thing was made up since it got removed straight away on here. Has Axl or any of the band members spoken about it?

Red Panda was removed because it was real. Shhhhhh. Be vewy vewy quiet.....

Red Panda was removed because it was real. Shhhhhh. Be vewy vewy quiet.....

but surely now you have spoken of The Legend now your post will be removed lol.............. i think its time we created some fan art album covers :confused2:

Hour long interview - That Metal Show. I'm sure Eddie will get into questions about followups and what Axl was up to this past year, and might be why DJ is in the interview. I'm pretty sure they're going to say they're talking about working on new music and probably what we've already heard about Ashba and Rose back and forth on song ideas, plus what's already in the vaults & journals.

There's also the fact that if they have x amount of albums left in their contract, Axl might want to put stuff out in the near future so he can renegotiate for a new contract and possibly get master tape ownership. I think you're going to see name bands buying their master tapes in the coming years. They've already had their greatest hits and live CD, all they need to do is put out what's left on the contract, whether it's one album, two albums or x amount of songs...

I doubt he's going to call it Chinese Democracy 2 if it's going to be 5 years by the time it comes out. I'll be surprised if something new comes out next year, but if they have at least 10 songs that are pretty close to done, doubt there's really much more work that they're going to have to do. It's prob. going to be up to Ashba and the band members as well as others Axl's going to invite over to listen to and give input on, on how far he should go with it. An album shouldn't take more than 6 weeks to do. After that, it gets into Kubrick territory of painstaking obsessiveness. Beatles did 3 songs a day, and the songs hold up. Abbey Road was done over a year, but the real sessions were over in one summer. The album sounds fucking great 40 plus years later. Pink Floyd did 2 marathon sessions to Dark Side of the Moon, but they spent almost no time in the studio, and in that time they toured, worked on a movie soundtrack, AND the Live at Pompeii movie... and a ballet. They worked the album out on the road, which Axl had prob. done with a few ChiDem songs. It's definitely possible they could be playing new music, but I just think they want to do the American tour, then take another break and maybe do that. It's unlikely this tour is going to have any unreleased songs after a long ass break and time apart.

Zappa worked the other way around - he'd record everything at the live shows and mix them into the studio album.

5 years is fine for a follow up album. 3 years is ideal, esp. with a boatload of unfinished songs. I mean, how many GNR songs had they played live prior to going in the studio for AFD, as well as the ones they had demoed. and hadn't performed live... 18-20?

I just found this:

"GUNS N' ROSES Reveals New Album Title

Axl Rose and his Guns n' Roses have revealed that the name of their forthcoming new studio album, the follow up to 2008's unsuccessful, "Chinese Democracy," will be............. wait for it.........."The Legend of The Red Panda." The album is already recorded and was thought to have originally been called "Chinese Democracy II" and is expected to be released next March/April through Geffen Records.

Its believed that eccentric frontman Rose has sent the Album Title and Tracklisting to all major magazine editors but no actual music to review.Whether this is genuine or just another strange game Rose is playing with the music press remains to be seen. You can check out the tracklisting below. More details on this will be revealed as soon as it becomes available. "

Link:

Download Forums

Interesting, never heard this before. From Wiki:

- It is a solitary animal, mainly active from dusk to dawn, and is largely sedentary during the day.

- Red pandas are territorial. Adults are solitary except during mating season. They are generally quiet except for some twittering and whistling communication sounds. They have been reported to be both nocturnal and crepuscular.

Kinda reminds me of someone ...

Basically:

- Sebastian said a long time ago they had 3 albums worth of material, and that CD would be a trilogy with the third due 2012.

- Axl said the songs on CD were more conservative while the songs on the next record would be "Electronica with full guitars"

- Axl gave us some song titles that were not present in CD: The General, Soul Monster, Jackie Chan, etc...

- DJ says it's their main priority at the moment and that he was written some material with Axl and that the band has a ton of material laying around.

- Tommy told fans not to hold their breath for the next album.

- Sebastian said he heard the new Axl/Ashba song and said it was awesome.

But that's it I guess... any more?

i would take tommy's wor and not hold your breath waiting for it