NOV 20th 2011 - Wilkes Barre, PA @ Mohegan Sun Arena

The Real McCoy

I'm trying to put faces to screen names, sorry if I don't get someone placed right! The Real McCoy, are you the very nice guy with the white shirt on that was going to see Chris Cornell soon a bunch of times? Thanks for the shout-out! I had the best night ever, dreams were exceeded and came away completely satisfied.

Does anyone know the names of the family of four that was in the front of the lines with us, middle-aged mom and dad with teenage son and daughter (daughter had grey bandanna)? I thought they were great and I know they got backstage passes last night. I was hoping to find out who they got to meet and if they had any pictures? I think I remember the dad saying though that he posted at HTGTH though. Jealous does not even describe it if they got to meet Axl. Though if I had gotten the opportunity I am absolutely certain I would not have wasted it asking Axl to say "hi" into my camera phone! LOL!

On another note, so sore and tired from the marathon of a day yesterday! I would love to be able to do it again this weekend but having four small children makes it difficult to set up childcare for overnight and the whole day of to get in the front, and after last night I just could not have it any other way than right at the rail.

I was the dude in the black GNR hoodie.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Powerage...they had the Chinese worker shirt. Got it on my way out of the venue.

Really?!? I went to the stand by the GA entrance right after we got our barrier spot, and they didn't even have it on display...

Here's a pic of my Baz setlist and picks if anyone is interested:

picks.jpg

Yep. There was only one stand open on the way out and they had it. I was going to get the one with the dragons/snakes on the front since it had a cooler design on the back, but they didn't have my size so I got the worker one instead.

Edited by The Real McCoy

Here's a picture of Axl I took:

AXL1.jpg

I'll post more pictures and a review tomorrow. It was an incredible show. I also met the girl who's hugging Axl in that short video taken backstage. She was incredibly annoying.

Indiana Rose: I'm new to this so not sure how to ask or quote someone yet, hope this is right. Anyway, just wondering if we had met at the concert, this picture was taken so close to me, I was on the rail with my husband, had a white sign with me with black writing. Brown hair, gray dress on. Just wondering if we had met, was not sure if you were male or female?

Hi, Purely Magnetic :)

It was a pretty good show. I think East Rutherford was better, at least for me, because I was front row and center, and they played Better and Shackler's. Also, the crowd was better in ER, though the people around me were great. Regardless, WB was a great show, and I got to meet some really nice people. Stood next to Powerage for the show, right between Tommy and DJ (so I think you were really close to us, Indiana Rose).

Also got to meet The Real McCoy in line, along with the new member, Purely Magnetic and her husband.

I believe there were some other members I met, but I forgot their names; I apologize!

A few people around me got some passes, and the girl who's back/tattoo is shown during Sweet Child was just a couple right behind me. One guy and his family all got passes, and there were 2-3 to my left on the rail. I was really happy for them because the dad was such a nice guy, and so was the rest of his family. I hope they had a good time. :)

Also had a couple next to us who came from West Virginia, and they were really nice as well. I don't know if either of them are on the board, but if they are, I hope you guys had a blast!

I'm trying to put faces to screen names, sorry if I don't get someone placed right! The Real McCoy, are you the very nice guy with the white shirt on that was going to see Chris Cornell soon a bunch of times?

Hahaha, I know this guy. I met him in line for East Rutherford, he was the second one there. Tall guy, really into filming the show. I'll check his YouTube channel later to see if he got any good videos

I'm trying to put faces to screen names, sorry if I don't get someone placed right! The Real McCoy, are you the very nice guy with the white shirt on that was going to see Chris Cornell soon a bunch of times?

Hahaha, I know this guy. I met him in line for East Rutherford, he was the second one there. Tall guy, really into filming the show. I'll check his YouTube channel later to see if he got any good videos

Nah, he was just a lurker. I got to see him in WB, though. Real cool guy. Probably gonna try to get in touch with him soon. :)

Edit: He didn't get any videos because we had to take our cameras back to our cars because the venue was the most strict on that than I've ever seen. :(

Real McCoy actually posts. He was about 3 people behind me in line, along with Powerage.

When I first got there I was right behind Purely Magnetic and her husband. I hope you had a great time at your first GN'R show! :)

Edited by Black Sabbath

Nah, he was just a lurker. I got to see him in WB, though. Real cool guy. Probably gonna try to get in touch with him soon. :)

Edit: He didn't get any videos because we had to take our cameras back to our cars because the venue was the most strict on that than I've ever seen. :(

Real McCoy actually posts. He was about 3 people behind me in line, along with Powerage.

When I first got there I was right behind Purely Magnetic and her husband. I hope you had a great time at your first GN'R show! :)

Real McCoy said that he was wearing a GNR sweatshirt or something, and the guy in this description was just wearing a white shirt. So it's a different guy. And it's gotta be him, because he said he was going to see Chris Cornell four times next week lol

5e6e2d41a1c1b2d76f52ccdc0a9c03aeec77d1c74619af082cc325a429c6837f5g.jpg

A bunch more pictures to come later...

best t-shirt ever

the three amigos dancing :rofl-lol::thumbsup:rock3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSLtk93bW_s&feature=youtu.be

Awesome ending! The gang were really into it! These journalist complaining about start times, solo's, set list, or whatever need to get the fuck over it. Its clear that these guys give 150% every night they perform. Instead of them bitching, why don't they enjoy the magic these guys are making. Cause they're doing what they do best, n' doing it for the fans they love. That's all that should matter.

Real McCoy said that he was wearing a GNR sweatshirt or something, and the guy in this description was just wearing a white shirt. So it's a different guy. And it's gotta be him, because he said he was going to see Chris Cornell four times next week lol

My bad, I thought you were saying McCoy was the guy we know.

And yeah, he's going to see Cornell 4 times next week lol He said he wanted to do Camden, but didn't want to skip the Cornell show that night.

By the way, apologies to The Real McCoy and anyone else from the area for my ranting about it earlier in the thread. I ws just very upset and irritated with the way things were handled. I didn't want to offend any locals!

Not local,but in attendance.Don't see anything you said that could be taken as offensive,glad you had a good time B.S. :)

We had a kick ass time as well!! Card-carrying member of the Geritol Gunners :D

Edited by sailaway

Good review:

http://www.timesleader.com/news/Guns_N_rsquo__Roses_arena_show_late__but_great_REVIEW_11-22-2011.html

Guns N’ Roses arena show late, but great REVIEW

With a deafening display of pyrotechnics after a long wait, the band wowed crowd.

By Brad Patton bpatton@timesleader.com

Freelance Music Writer

It took Axl Rose and his seven hired guns a long time to make it to the stage Sunday night. As in just getting started when most concerts are ending. As in more than an hour and a half after the opening act left the stage.

The tickets for the Guns N’ Roses performance at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza showed a 7:30 p.m. start time. For the typical arena show, that means the opening act – in this case, former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach – hits the stage about 7:30 and the headliners take over about 9.

On Sunday, Bach never appeared until 8:30, played for just more than an hour and finished up at 9:35. Because most of the massive stage already was set up for the GNR occupation to come, the sizable but not overstuffed crowd hoped for a 10 p.m. start by Axl and the gang.

And the crowd tried to will something to happen throughout the night. At first, it would cheer wildly whenever there was a break in the recorded music pumped through the arena. When that didn’t work, it began booing as the minutes slowly ticked away.

When the lights finally went off at 11:15, the theme from “Dexter” played as images and GNR logos danced across the nine video screens. With a deafening display of pyrotechnics that would give the Trans-Siberian Orchestra a run for its money, the band appeared and the audience went wild.

Was it worth the wait? An emphatic yes.

From the moment Rose took the stage with his reconstituted GNR consisting of three guitarists, two keyboard players, a bassist and a drummer, the crowd quickly forgot the long wait.

By the second song – a blistering “Welcome to the Jungle” from 1987’s “Appetite for Destruction” debut – all was forgiven.

The early part of the show was split almost evenly with songs from the debut album and from 2008’s “Chinese Democracy.”

Rose, now 49 and the only remaining original member from the band’s glory days, seems to be having a good time these days and seems to still have most of his voice – though it’s a little hard to know for sure considering his bandmates drowned him out more than a few times Sunday night. That was fine for songs such as “It’s So Easy” and “Mr. Brownstone.” (Everyone knows those by heart anyway.) But it made it a little tougher for the more unfamiliar parts of “Chinese Democracy.”

As Rose retreated from sight, each of the band’s three guitarists – Richard Fortus, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal and DJ Ashba – got extended showcases, as did bassist Tommy Stinson, who led the group through The Who’s “My Generation,” and piano player Dizzy Reed, who played a solo version of that same band’s “Baba O’Riley.”

Fortus’ solo spotlight on “The James Bond Theme” led nicely into “Live and Let Die,” but the latter was marred by way too many explosions. Thal treated the crowd to a nifty if somewhat baffling version of the “Pink Panther” theme.

Ashba, who provided most of Slash’s iconic moments Sunday, took his solo turn then unleashed the opening riff of “Sweet Child O’ Mine” and the crowd went crazy.

As the grand piano was moved to center stage, the band played a mostly instrumental version of Pink Floyd’s “Another Brick in the Wall Part 2,” before it was joined by Rose, who noodled his way through part of Elton John’s “Someone Saved My Life Tonight” before kicking off GNR’s epic “November Rain.”

The main set ended with GNR’s “Don’t Cry,” AC/DC’s “Whole Lotta Rosie,” Bob Dylan’s “Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door” and GNR’s “Nightrain.”

The encore consisted of a brief instrumental jam, followed by “Madagascar,” “Patience” and a celebratory “Paradise City,” as confetti and streamers hit the arena floor and the show closed at 1:55 a.m. Monday.

It was long, it was late, and the waiting made it almost unbearable, especially for those who stood all night long in the general-admission section on the arena floor. But it was so worth it.

Edited by mustaine

First off I just want to say what an amazing show it truly was. My sister and I had a great time. It was so good to meet Black Sabbath, Powerage5, JimMorrison4 and The Real McCoy. Everyone was so nice - it's great to see we have a lot of good forum people here.

We also met a lot of super great local fans too. However, maybe this happens at every concert I don't know (I haven't seen guns since '92) but what is with the haters coming to concerts? I had multiple people around me saying the rudest things. Halfway during Guns set, I had this ass next to me who was shouting to Bumblefoot and DJ "Where's Slash? Where's Izzy?" Bumblefoot clearly heard him and even came over to him closer and started playing and smiling, but this guy was relentless. After he kept repeating it....Bumblefoot just smirked at DJ and walked off. Then he was yelling "Axl, you suck".

Then there were even more haters behind me screaming F*** You Axl ! :question::crazy:

This just pissed me off so bad, it was such a distraction and I seriously wanted to hurt them.

Anybody have any idea if this always goes on, or were we just unlucky enough to be around a bunch of jerks? Why would haters pay to come to their concert?

Anyone from this show going to Camden, NJ this weekend?? It is on my mind to go, I just need to see it again before this tour is over and my opportunities are very thin to do so. It may come down to having to go myself, just wondering if there would be any familiar faces?

Hi Purely Magnetic,

I read one of your previous posts and realized we met in line. I was wearing a long sleeved black shirt and I was there with my sister who was in a white sweater. I hope you had a good time - did you cry? lol! We stood at the rail on the opposite side of you but when I stretched I could see you faithfully holding your sign! I won't be in Camden. Maybe by a long stretch, if I have any luck I may be able to swing Youngstown. Is there any chance you will be at that show?

It was great to meet you.