DEC 7th 2011 - Youngstown, OH @ Covelli Centre Update Thread

Lebdog74

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy and I will be at bw3 around 630. Anyone find a good hotel? Most seemed expensive or far. Also, I have two tix I'm looking to get rid of. 5th row aisle. Sect 102 row e seats 1 & 2. $100 each cash preferably at bw3. I'll have a dickies shirt on. Pm me if interested. And in case you are wondering why, I upgraded to front row...

See you at BW's!!! I should be in town around 6:00 to 6:30! For those afraid to walk a few blocks BW's looks to have a decent parking area so it might be best to drive.

I will also probably have 3 tickets for section 101 row N if anyone is also interested!

Edited by Mega_Music

Registered a few days ago, but I wasn't allowed to post until today. Hope I'm not too late.

Anyway, BW3 is very close to the arena. Maybe a two minute walk. You can park in the side lot there before the show, but I think that's for patrons only. Probably best to park the car in one of the decks around there and then walk to BW3 and the arena.

The area is quite safe. Like most downtowns in the rust belt, there just aren't too many people who live there. Plus, the area will be swarming with cops. I would be careful on the highway into Youngstown (I-680). They've had recent construction on it and it's a bit of a mess (blew a tire the other day hitting some sort of construction debris).

In case you're feeling a bit more adventurous, there's a few more places downtown that offer a bit more than wings and pizza.

Cedars: It's sort of our CBGB. Alt rock/punk bar from 80s to today. There's a restaraunt out front that has some decent wares. It's downtown relatively near the arena. You can park in the lot across the street for free and then drive a few blocks closer when you're finished drinking/eating.

MVR Club: Right near Youngstown State University. This area is known for Italian food and they have some of the best. It's not that far from where BW3 is, but it's not downtown. You can park at the restaraunt for free and then head closer when the time comes. They've always been welcoming to people coming in for the big events at the Centre.

Lemon Grove Cafe: Hipster joint also downtown. Food's pretty good. Again you can park nearby and just head on over to the arena rather easily.

Federal Place has a food court in it with some fast food/pizza/other junk. It's also downtown. If you're early, you might sneak a bite there before it closes.

As far as hotels, Boardman is the best bet. About a 10 minute drive or so. There's a cluster of them. Might not be cheap though.

Is this going to be the update thread then? Perhaps the title should be changed.

I will change the title but cannot do updates tonight due to previous commitments.

Can someone at least post any GN'R twitter messages in here during the night? I will update first post with setlist when we have one.

For those at the show and everyone here have a great night!

They should be on anytime now

Is this going to be the update thread then? Perhaps the title should be changed.

I will change the title but cannot do updates tonight due to previous commitments.

Can someone at least post any GN'R twitter messages in here during the night? I will update first post with setlist when we have one.

For those at the show and everyone here have a great night!

They should be on anytime now

Already are. Up to Sorry.

AgHVbgoCAAA2f68.jpg

385374_10150456285021907_694316906_8718237_714055970_n.jpg

I won't be able to keep an eye on the updates much tonight either. I'll be in and out for maybe an hour, but I need to get to bed at a semi-decent hour since I've got a final exam at 8 in the morning...

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Thanks, but I think I'll be fine...just a music history final, non-cumulative so it's only on the past 7 weeks. The best kind of a final exam! :D