DEC 7th 2011 - Youngstown, OH @ Covelli Centre Update Thread

Lebdog74

Setlist was the same as Hamilton, except they didn't play riff raff, they added Civil War and after Don't Cry they played Whole Lotta Rosie, Axl mentioned the RNRHOF but just saying thanks to them and the fans.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing show! I'll have a write up on it tomorrow just got home and need to get a few hours of sleep. I will say I was able to get an Congrats on Rock Hall plus Azoff's a Jack-off sign which got laughs from the entire band including Axl!

Setlist was the same as Hamilton, except they didn't play riff raff, they added Civil War and after Don't Cry they played Whole Lotta Rosie, Axl mentioned the RNRHOF but just saying thanks to them and the fans.

I saw Axl give you the thumbs up, didn't know what the sign said. He did really seem to like it though.

Great show, Axl was in a really good mood, lots of smiles, made some sort of comment early on about it being a "great crowd".

I'll let someone else write it up, no sleep and have to go to work. Attendance was about 4000, the place holds between 6-7 I believe. Lower levels pretty full. Was damned excited to find out they had taken the chairs out-I got to move all over the place, and was right in front of Axl when he started Estranged, so I can die happy now.

Yep, still doing it wrong.

Why that?

He was spot on on the "my hands are tied" this time!

If you read my previous post, you'd know I was talking about Bumblefoot at the end.

sorry...

Too lazy to click on previous page.

It's strange that BBF does the same mistake twice...

Why that?

If you read my previous post, you'd know I was talking about Bumblefoot at the end.

sorry...

I would've thought Axl would have said something by now...

Oh wait, it's Axl.

Why that?

sorry...

It doesn't sound bad...maybe that's the way he wants to play it? I'm sure he can play it like the album if he wants lol

No, it does sound bad. Axl's whistle clashes with Bumblefoot's F#.

Why that?

sorry...

It doesn't sound bad...maybe that's the way he wants to play it? I'm sure he can play it like the album if he wants lol

Of course he can play it right!

The question is : why does he play it like that and why doesn't Axl tell him to play it the wayt it should?

And sorry, I love Ron, but it sounds BAD!

Well, they've only played it twice with Axl so far, and it might not clash from what Bumble or Axl hear in their monitors.

I don't know.

Well somebody oughtta tell them.

Perhaps we should comment on his Facebook. :lol:

Awesome performance, Axl sounded even better than last time.

WOW!

Last night was the third (and final) show of the tour for me. I wrote up a huge review/account of the night and I don't wanna type the whole thing again TBH hihi.gif anyone interested can read it here:

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?pid=216186#p216186

There's pics and an mp3 of Civil War for those interested. I recorded the whole show again and it should be available in the downloads section very soon!

Well, they've only played it twice with Axl so far, and it might not clash from what Bumble or Axl hear in their monitors.

I don't know.

Nahh, I feel like that'd be mean to comment his Facebook and be like "You're playing the end of Civil War wrong, why don't you actually listen to it."

I don't know.

Nahh, I feel like that'd be mean to comment his Facebook and be like "You're playing the end of Civil War wrong, why don't you actually listen to it."

I know, I'd actually feel bad. :lol:

I remember the day after Rio someone commented on his page under the Estranged video he posted saying he needed to "back off on the treble" or something like that.

I'm willing to bet he's just winging most of the song. Since they've only rehearsed it at soundchecks he probably hasn't gone back and listened to it a billion times like the others.

I don't know.

I know, I'd actually feel bad. :lol:

I remember the day after Rio someone commented on his page under the Estranged video he posted saying he needed to "back off on the treble" or something like that.

I'm willing to bet he's just winging most of the song. Since they've only rehearsed it at soundchecks he probably hasn't gone back and listened to it a billion times like the others.

I'm pretty sure he just "winged" his first four shows with the band (NYC '06) so I wouldn't be surprised.