DEC 7th 2011 - Youngstown, OH @ Covelli Centre Update Thread

Lebdog74

Boo! I was hoping civil war would not be done for the next few shows to give the nashville attendees more time to brag about being the only ones to hear it live in recent years. lol

Selfish Bastard... :rofl-lol:

I wanted more to get to hear it, but just not every show. haha.

Edited by GiveNuseR

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they've only played it twice with Axl so far, and it might not clash from what Bumble or Axl hear in their monitors.

I don't know.

Well somebody oughtta tell them.

Email Ron then... He'll listen to you.

That's such a dick thing to do though... "You're playing your own band's song wrong." And he's such a nice guy.

Well, they've only played it twice with Axl so far, and it might not clash from what Bumble or Axl hear in their monitors.

I don't know.

Well somebody oughtta tell them.

Perhaps we should comment on his Facebook. :lol:

Nahh, I feel like that'd be mean to comment his Facebook and be like "You're playing the end of Civil War wrong, why don't you actually listen to it."

I know, I'd actually feel bad. :lol:

I remember the day after Rio someone commented on his page under the Estranged video he posted saying he needed to "back off on the treble" or something like that.

I'm willing to bet he's just winging most of the song. Since they've only rehearsed it at soundchecks he probably hasn't gone back and listened to it a billion times like the others.

I'm pretty sure he just "winged" his first four shows with the band (NYC '06) so I wouldn't be surprised.

Indeed. He mentioned before that he literally wasn't allowed to have any copies of the CD songs because of problems with the leaks so he had to sit in a room, listen, then join the band and do it all from memory. This was only a couple weeks before the 2006 tour started. Poor guy. :lol:

Is the argument this time still about BBF playing the F# during the ending guitar parts instead of resolving to the tonic? Its technically not the same as the studio version but it sounds fine to me

It's not that it sounds bad it just sounds different because I'm so used to the studio version. Damnit, Bumblefoot! :rofl-lol:

Is the argument this time still about BBF playing the F# during the ending guitar parts instead of resolving to the tonic? Its technically not the same as the studio version but it sounds fine to me

He's supposed to alternate between the F# and the E Natural. But he just goes to the F# every time. With Axl ending his whistle on an E Natural, a whole-step clash is created and is not pleasing to the ear.

To be fair, Axl isn't even whistling at the right part. He's supposed to do it after the "What's so civil about war, anyways?" line.

Blast! Nobody in the band knows how to play the song.

If Bumblefoot was alternating the notes, Axl would know to start whistling right after Bumblefoot played his F#. So then their E Naturals would happen at the same time.

Civil War

Great performance thanks for posting!

This was a song Axl was born to sing. It's funny how the Myles fanboys in the VR section think that Axl can be outdone on Civil War.

I just wonder why they never did this before???? Why did we have to wait for 5 years from 2006 to hear this :question: ?

man, russtcb's sig tells the one song I wish had been played on this tour. Their set list has been beyond great and although I wish EVERY song could be played, there's no song that isn't being played other than Breakdown which is one I could really say I have near the top of my list. So they've done a great job picking out songs I would have picked. :P I guess some others close to it would maybe be dead horse, locomotive, coma, and don't damn me.

Edited by GiveNuseR

Setlist here

00. Dexter Intro

01. Chinese Democracy

02. Welcome To The Jungle

03. It's So Easy

04. Mr. Brownstone

05. Sorry

06. Shackler's Revenge

07. Estranged

08. Rocket Queen

09. Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme)

10. Live and Let Die

11. This I Love

12. Sonic Reducer

13. Civil War

14. Dizzy Reed Piano Solo (Baba O'Riley)

15. Street Of Dreams

16. You Could Be Mine

17. DJ Ashba Guitar Solo (Mi Amor)

18. Sweet Child O' Mine

19. Instrumental Jam (Another Brick in the Wall Pt. II)

20. Axl Rose Piano Solo / November Rain

21. Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther Theme)

22. Don't Cry

23. Whole Lotta Rosie

24. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

25. Nightrain

Encore:

26. Madagascar

27. Better

28. Patience

29. Paradise City

Edited by The Catcher in the Rye

How can they drop Better?

Reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits, is it?

Okay. Dick. Sorry if I have poor eyesight. Why don't you go fuck yourself?

I am an asshole and everyone knows it. How much of an asshole? Nobody can say...