DEC 7th 2011 - Youngstown, OH @ Covelli Centre Update Thread

Lebdog74

I won't be able to keep an eye on the updates much tonight either. I'll be in and out for maybe an hour, but I need to get to bed at a semi-decent hour since I've got a final exam at 8 in the morning...

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Thanks, but I think I'll be fine...just a music history final, non-cumulative so it's only on the past 7 weeks. The best kind of a final exam! :D

I had a my music theory exam tonight at 7:00. I finished way early so here I am, staying up for the updates. :lol:

Good luck on yours tomorrow! :thumbsup:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be able to keep an eye on the updates much tonight either. I'll be in and out for maybe an hour, but I need to get to bed at a semi-decent hour since I've got a final exam at 8 in the morning...

Thanks, but I think I'll be fine...just a music history final, non-cumulative so it's only on the past 7 weeks. The best kind of a final exam! :D

I had a my music theory exam tonight at 7:00. I finished way early so here I am, staying up for the updates. :lol:

Good luck on yours tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Thanks...hope your theory exam went good. I've always been fine with theory, but I know it's most peoples' worst nightmare! :lol:

Are you a music student as well?

Edited by Powerage5

That's the case with me, I've always been pretty strong in it but I can see why so many hate it. I'm doing music for a minor since I didn't have enough classical training to make it through the playing for a major, so that's where English came in. ;)

I suck at following Twitter, I never know who's saying what but I think it's Rocket Queen. :lol:

Just remember the circle of fifths! :D

He must have loved the positive reaction to Civil War at the last show. How did people react to Scraped several shows back?

I was at the show where they played Scraped. It didn't get too much of a response. I think some people didn't know it, others were disappointed that it got the spot that Better usually was played. I thought it was cool - and well played - but still was a little sad I didn't get to see Better live!

He must have loved the positive reaction to Civil War at the last show. How did people react to Scraped several shows back?

I was at the show where they played Scraped. It didn't get too much of a response. I think some people didn't know it, others were disappointed that it got the spot that Better usually was played. I thought it was cool - and well played - but still was a little sad I didn't get to see Better live!

I think Better would get some of the more positive response from fans. Its a song that has to be played at every concert. What new song do the fans seem to enjoy the most?

I was actually pretty disappointed not to hear Better in Wilkes-Barre...I kinda figured it would become one of those songs I'd hear at every Guns show I ever see...

I think Better would get some of the more positive response from fans. Its a song that has to be played at every concert. What new song do the fans seem to enjoy the most?

The crowd in Hamilton seemed to really get off on Shackler's. The chorus is infectious and the energy of it works well in a live setting. Chinese was well received as the opener, and This I Love usually gets a big pop since it highlights Axl's vocals. Hell, the response to most of the CD material was pretty good in Hamilton. There were two high school girls sitting a few rows in front of me and I was impressed to see they knew all the CD songs! Apparently I went to the wrong high school. :lol:

The crowd in Hamilton seemed to really get off on Shackler's. The chorus is infectious and the energy of it works well in a live setting. Chinese was well received as the opener, and This I Love usually gets a big pop since it highlights Axl's vocals. Hell, the response to most of the CD material was pretty good in Hamilton. There were two high school girls sitting a few rows in front of me and I was impressed to see they knew all the CD songs! Apparently I went to the wrong high school. :lol:

I'd agree that Shackler's gets a great crowd response. As do Chinese, Better, and Sorry. The crowds never seem too big on Street Of Dreams IMO, and This I Love can be really hit or miss with the crowd. Maddy seems to usually go over pretty well. From what I've seen them do in person, either Scraped or If The World got the least reception.

@ Powerage - very true. I love Street of Dreams but it doesn't seem to do much for the crowd in general. Sorry I find to be hit or miss too. It's heavy, but its current spot in the set list arguably slows the momentum that the first four songs create.

@ BirdCatcher - yes, yes they were. There weren't any hot girls who liked Guns N' Roses at my high school. :lol:

@ Powerage - very true. I love Street of Dreams but it doesn't seem to do much for the crowd in general. Sorry I find to be hit or miss too. It's heavy, but its current spot in the set list arguably slows the momentum that the first four songs create.

@ BirdCatcher - yes, yes they were. There weren't any hot girls who liked Guns N' Roses at my high school. :lol:

Hot girls who are gnr fans? Gnr fans who know and like Chinese democracy? You must of been dreaming.

Yeah, usually they are ugly ass girls...I never thought hot girls would be into Guns N' Roses until I saw the girls on this forum. And my wife too of course.

Every hot girl I knew before had terrible taste.

Edited by BirdCatcher

He say anything about the RNRHOF?

Yeah he said found all the posts about the RNRHOF debates hilariously retarded, especially by some asshole named Bobbo.

I can confirm this to be correct