Guns N' Roses Nominated for Tour Of The Year

Cosmo

The critic said, "I don't like how you sing that song."

Taylor responded with, "All you are is mean, and a liar and pathetic and alone in life."

At least GITR was never a serious song. She turned that song into a bullying anthem.

I didn't say anything about Katy Perry. The thing about Gaga is that if you stripped her down, she's a pianist with a lovely voice singing about acceptance. When you strip Taylor down, she's a three-chord guitarist who sings off-key about the importance of a boyfriend.

It blows my mind that people are defending Taylor Swift on this site and bashing Gaga.

[Edit] Sorry. I didn't see we'd moved on. I guess I didn't refresh the page.

Do you have kids?

You pick one quote and one song to bash somebody as a person. Have u listened to GnR's lyrics?

So how does a young girl who can't write music and who can't sing sell millions, win many prestigious awards and be well loved across the music industry? Hhmm.

Lady Gaga is the most manufactured performer in music. She is a terrible role model. I believe she got sued by an ex who helped create her, but once she hit it big she dropped him. And she can't sing.

But I see your point. Taylor would gain more street cred with you if she flashed her boobs once a month, flashed her p*ssy in public, and went on stage in a cocoon or dressed all in meat.

Your hero would have never made it with a piano and her voice......but Swift did.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did anyone post about Taylor getting more respect for flashing her lady parts?

I don't give a shit what music my kid gets into. Music is subjective.

I think a lot of parents are making a big mistake that controlling what their kids watch, listen to, idolize. They don't realize their biggest influence is not people they see on TV, its their own fucking parents.

Edited by BirdCatcher

All a matter of opinion I guess. Each to their own.

That is true. I'm glad Axl's weak link left. Now if we could get rid of DJ and bring back Izzy, we would have a perfect band.

for me leaving Tommy and Bumblefoot and including Izzy would be the best, but I guess they wouldn't be able to play the new stuff with just the 2 guitarists?

If you left Ron it wouldn't matter if you kept Tommy or not because Tommy, Izzy, and DJ couldn't handle the new stuff together. It would just be old stuff that they played and you might as well bring Slash back for that because Ron is the only one improving Slash's solos anyway.

sorry, my post got a little lost in translation, I meant keeping ron and tommy and adding izzy after all ron is the best player in nuguns

My bad. Complete lack of reading comprehension. I think Ron and Izzy could pull it off. If not, they could just use Richard on the parts that 3 guitars are completely necessary. I think it would be awesome to hear Ron do all the leads though.

Great. One positive thread about this lineup of GNR being touring band of the year and it has to be hijacked by the Myles fan boys and the forum's nostalgics?

Smoothie's the one who brought up Myles, take your grievances up with him. <_<

I'll take credit for mentioning Slash too. I will not take credit for them slaughtering the old songs together though. They're on their own there.

Great. One positive thread about this lineup of GNR being touring band of the year and it has to be hijacked by the Myles fan boys and the forum's nostalgics?

Exactly. GREAT moment for the current line-up. That's where the primary focus should be.

Also- love Izzy as much as anybody- but Axl would have to clinically insane to ever add Izzy to the actual touring line-up again. Completely unreliable...

Would be great if Izzy would make some creative/writing contributions on the next Guns album though...

Izzy will play a show or two even he needs quick cash.

Absolutely- and that's cool as hell for everybody IF he shows... The guy makes Axl look like Cal Ripken Jr. when it comes to touring reliability though... And that's saying something! Lol. Anyway too many variables whenever GN'R hits the road as it is. Can't imagine adding Izzy to the equation...

Love to hear that song Axl and Izzy apparently recorded though... That would be awesome...

I should say- can't imagine adding Izzy to the touring equation on any sort of permanent basis... :)

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

The critic said, "I don't like how you sing that song."

Taylor responded with, "All you are is mean, and a liar and pathetic and alone in life."

At least GITR was never a serious song. She turned that song into a bullying anthem.

I didn't say anything about Katy Perry. The thing about Gaga is that if you stripped her down, she's a pianist with a lovely voice singing about acceptance. When you strip Taylor down, she's a three-chord guitarist who sings off-key about the importance of a boyfriend.

It blows my mind that people are defending Taylor Swift on this site and bashing Gaga.

[Edit] Sorry. I didn't see we'd moved on. I guess I didn't refresh the page.

Do you have kids?

You pick one quote and one song to bash somebody as a person. Have u listened to GnR's lyrics?

So how does a young girl who can't write music and who can't sing sell millions, win many prestigious awards and be well loved across the music industry? Hhmm.

Lady Gaga is the most manufactured performer in music. She is a terrible role model. I believe she got sued by an ex who helped create her, but once she hit it big she dropped him. And she can't sing.

But I see your point. Taylor would gain more street cred with you if she flashed her boobs once a month, flashed her p*ssy in public, and went on stage in a cocoon or dressed all in meat.

Your hero would have never made it with a piano and her voice......but Swift did.

Didn't you read my other post? I used to love Swift. I've heard all of her material. My judgment wasn't made based on one song -- that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

And we all know that people get awards they don't deserve. We see it every single day. It's not a freak thing. Can you sit there and tell me she's earned a Female Vocalist of the Year award, especially with a Grammy performance like the one she delivered?

I never said she should take her clothes off. Not once. I didn't imply it. The thought has never even crossed my mind. Please don't put words in my mouth.

I also didn't say anything about "making it." I said that at the end of the day Gaga can sing and play piano and Taylor can barely play guitar and sings off pitch more often than not.

Why do I always say she can't sing? When I first started getting into her, I watched hundreds of live videos from her and her pitch is so all-over-the-place. My friend still sends me videos and it hasn't changed.

victory!

Journey / Foreigner / Night Ranger 7.69%

Motley Crue / Poison / New York Dolls 24.69%

Alice Cooper 7.8%

Kiss 5.09%

Rush 22.5%

Guns N' Roses 32.23%

I'm really surprised Kiss scored that low. Their fans are absolutely rabid... Good work Guns!

victory!

Alice Cooper 7.8%

Kiss 5.09%

Rush 22.5%

Guns N' Roses 32.23%

I'm really surprised Kiss scored that low. Their fans are absolutely rabid... Good work Guns!

The rabid fans would come out if Ace was in KISS, and I just think when a band constantly tours like they do, their ratings would go down a bit.

They should've made new characters for Thayer and Singer. Some people got really upset about the spaceman and catman makeup on them.

victory!

Alice Cooper 7.8%

Kiss 5.09%

Rush 22.5%

Guns N' Roses 32.23%

The rabid fans would come out if Ace was in KISS, and I just think when a band constantly tours like they do, their ratings would go down a bit.

They should've made new characters for Thayer and Singer. Some people got really upset about the spaceman and catman makeup on them.

Hmmm that is true, about the makeup. However I remember hearing there was a strong dislike for the other makeup design they had(I think it was for Vinnie Vince?), so they are probably deterred now. It's lose-lose unless they get Criss and Frehley back.