Barry Fey encapsulates the sinful ignorance regarding Chinese Democracy.

Guest NGOG

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

This is the United States

everyone is entitled to their own opinion - it doesn't make you sinfully ignorant

No this is an online forum, MyGN’R to be specific.

Fey expresses a prejudice regarding Chinese Democracy – he can’t have an opinion because he didn’t listen to the album.

wow if you refuse to listen to any music because Slash did play on it you must not get to hear new music very often lol. It would be nice to hear Slash and Axl play together but that does not define what music i will or will not listen too. If it does your missing out on lots of different kinds kinds of sounds and isn't that what music is about?

http://blogs.phoenix...r_barry_fay.php

Were you a Guns N' Roses fan? Did you enjoy the band's records?

Appetite for Destruction? Are you kidding? That was the last great album. Joshua Tree and then that one.

Did you hear Chinese Democracy?

What's that?

The last Guns N' Roses record. The last one released.

Was Slash on it?

No.

No, then I wouldn't listen to it.

Ok i'll bite...who is this ass clown and why does it matter what he says or thinks?

Someone who is the everyman of Slash fans.

slash doesn't hate axl and I'm sure he heard Chinese Democracy, the rivalry arising between Slash / Axl is not as big as a lot of idiot want to show.

I like slash, i love his last album and i love new guns n roses too and i think chinese democracy is a great album.

I hope not be the only one who thinks so

Slash praised Chinese Democracy, as did Duff for that matter. Both said more or less the same things, like the songwriting was Axl at his finest and captured his vision of the band perfectly, as well as that it was awesome to hear Axl's voice again. I can't be bothered looking up the original comments from them but it's out there.

And no, you're not the only one (you're not the only one). Like I said earlier in the thread, we have tons of great music to enjoy from all the former and current members.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2011/11/concert_promoter_barry_fay.php

Were you a Guns N' Roses fan? Did you enjoy the band's records?

Appetite for Destruction? Are you kidding? That was the last great album. Joshua Tree and then that one.

Did you hear Chinese Democracy?

What's that?

The last Guns N' Roses record. The last one released.

Was Slash on it?

No.

No, then I wouldn't listen to it.

sp_0711_03_v6.jpg?width=480

Saw someone about to buy tickets online today when someone else attempted to stop them by saying "It's not really GN'R, Slash isn't there!". So I interjected and said "Have you heard Chinese Democracy or seen GN'R without Slash?" then answer to both was of course "No". I then asked the person buying tickets if they'd heard Chinese and if they liked it, the answer was "Yes" so I told them to go ahead and buy the tickets.

This is the United States people and everyone is entitled to their own opinion - it doesn't make you sinfully ignorant

He is sinfully ignorant because he's not even aware of anything beyond Appetite for Destruction and judges things without hearing them based on what everyone else thinks.

This. It would be different if he gave it a chance and truly didn't like it as opposed to dismissing it because of the absense of Slash.

I suppose but since Barry Fey didn't post this here, why was it brough up here? personally I think it's sinfully ignorant to lambaste someone for a opinion they don't share with you - and it's not like the guy came here talking shit about GnR or CD - whoever started this topic did about him

This is the United States

everyone is entitled to their own opinion - it doesn't make you sinfully ignorant

No this is an online forum, MyGN’R to be specific.

Fey expresses a prejudice regarding Chinese Democracy – he can’t have an opinion because he didn’t listen to the album.

nor did he offer an opinion on it - he just said he wouldn't listen to it - that's not an opinion

This is the United States people and everyone is entitled to their own opinion

this is the biggest joke!!! :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: this day :rolleyes:

well, if obama has his way then it will be the biggest joke

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

nor did he offer an opinion on it - he just said he wouldn't listen to it - that's not an opinion

There is a clear implication that without Slash the album is not worthwhile; there are 1000s of impressive albums minus Slash.

I suppose but since Barry Fey didn't post this here, why was it brough up here? personally I think it's sinfully ignorant to lambaste someone for a opinion they don't share with you - and it's not like the guy came here talking shit about GnR or CD - whoever started this topic did about him

It was an interview that is posted on a public venue so it is brought up here because it is out there. Just because he didn't post it here directly doesn't mean that he still didn't willingly give the interview knowing that it will be available to the public to view and comment on

And we are not "sinfully ignorant" for calling him out on what he said. We are merely commenting that it is ignorant for someone to dismiss it without even giving it a chance

Edited by WhazUp

I'll bet 100 bucks if you put Sorry, IRS, Street Of Dreams, Catcher or This I Love along with UYI songs and shuffle, he'll say they're gold, If you put Locomotive, Pretty Tied Up and The Garden with CD songs and shuffle, he'll say they suck. If you let him listen to a live SCOM with DJ and one with Slash, he won't know who's who.

You are right, I have never heard anyone able to copy what Slash has written so effectively. But is that a plus? A least Bucket and Finck tried to put their own slant on it, DJ plays it note for note.

Chinese Democracy DOES suck. And that has nothing to do with whether or not I "like" whoever is in the band or not. If the original GnR recorded CD, it still sucks.

In your opinion.

I think it's the best rock album of the last decade.

But if you really think that, then why are you here?

Why would you hang out at a forum of a band that has put out one album in the last 15 years......an album that you think sucks........

Chinese Democracy DOES suck. And that has nothing to do with whether or not I "like" whoever is in the band or not. If the original GnR recorded CD, it still sucks.

I'm glad that this is how you replied because The Big Lebowski is one of the most overrated comedies ever. The Cohen Bros. are just as overrated as well.

umad.png

Okay, that's your opinion and you have every right to have it since you gave it a listen.

This guy over here hates it, but he hasn't given it a listen. If he gave it a listen and hated it, fine. But passing judgment like that is exactly why I believe CD didn't sell that well (along with lack of promo). That mentality is just infuriating.

Someone was talking about a friend doing that in another thread recently. Their conversation went down almost exactly the same way.