This has got to be the worst and best NuGuns show ever

Black Sabbath

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the folks that say these folks should be lucky regardless of what time he started..fuck that..he still should come out @ a reasonable time.

This sort of response makes me rahful. Axl shows up late. GnR shows start late. Has been this way since 1991. Get used to it. Seems to me that 90% of people going to a show know what they're getting themselves into. Sucks but oh well.

Sigh. We had a hundred page thread on this topic at the time.

Axl came on very late for an audience at the O2. The time he came on meant that people who relied

on public transport would not be able to get home.

Axl walked off stage after four songs. There were two plastic cups thrown on stage. The first one was during chinese democracy.

The second was during some other song- Axl saw the second cup, stopped the show and left.

The house lights were then turned on and thousands of people walked out of the arena.

Axl did not return on stage for over an hour. By this time the venue was less than half full. Anyone who left the venue was not allowed

back in, though neither GNR or the promoters told people that this would be the case. Axl didn't interact or acknowledge the audience

for the rest of the time. The only reason why he came on was because he or the promoter did not want to lose money or suffer legal action,

which is not very 'rock and roll' as GNR's idiot Facebook updater would say.

For anyone who goes to concerts, it is NOT cool to wait around for two hours for GNR. It doesn't build anticipation, it's just boring. And then

to wait another hour to see Axl come on and just go through the motions to save himself some money was pretty depressing as well.

Edited by axl666

Axl came on very late for an audience at the O2. The time he came on meant that people who relied

Axl walked off stage after four songs. There were two plastic cups thrown on stage. The first one was during chinese democracy.

The second was during some other song- Axl saw the second cup, stopped the show and left.

The house lights were then turned on and thousands of people walked out of the arena.

Axl did not return on stage for over an hour. By this time the venue was less than half full. Anyone who left the venue was not allowed

back in, though neither GNR or the promoters told people that this would be the case. Axl didn't interact or acknowledge the audience

for the rest of the time. The only reason why he came on was because he or the promoter did not want to lose money or suffer legal action,

For anyone who goes to concerts, it is NOT cool to wait around for two hours for GNR. It doesn't build anticipation, it's just boring. And then

to wait another hour to see Axl come on and just go through the motions to save himself some money was pretty depressing as well.

Again, that's how it's been for 20 years. If people don't like it, don't go. People know what they're getting into when they buy a ticket. If you don't like it, don't fucking go. That's like buying a pencil and being pissed when you have to sharpen it and don't have a pencil sharpener

Again, that's how it's been for 20 years. If people don't like it, don't go. People know what they're getting into when they buy a ticket. If you don't like it, don't fucking go. That's like buying a pencil and being pissed when you have to sharpen it and don't have a pencil sharpener

Eh, there are both sides to the situation. I thought the first one is explained in an extremely well thought out manner. To some people, it will always be "just another concert" and aren't thinking about the fact that they'll be getting back at 4 in the morning. At times, its rock and roll. At others, its inconvenient. My dad enjoys the band but wouldn't go to see them because he just doesn't have the energy to deal through all the crap. So I guess he takes your advice and doesn't buy a ticket. But just because people know what they're getting into doesn't mean its right. It leads me back to my question of "why is Axl is the only one that seems to get away with this." Yeah, I just paid for a ticket to see the guy and I knew what I was getting into, but my experience was also rather positive with an 11 PM onstage time. Thats also the only time I'll go to see him just because I don't need to spend the money again. Thats the same with most of my concerts. There are few people I feel compelled to see every time they come around. So I'm surprised they don't have more problems selling tickets. Between the people that I assume see them once and the people that have had less than positive experience, you'd think they'd have trouble every now and then.

Guest RonMexico82

So many people commenting here that don't have a fucking clue what happened that night, because they weren't FUCKING THERE.

I was.

It was a fucking joke for many reasons.

1: The O2 has a strict curfew that said the show had to be over at 11.30.

2: Loads of people were parked in the venue carpark and were told that if they weren't out by 12 they would be clamped and fined €100

3: The public transport shuts down before 12.

4: The support act played for way too long and were dragging everything out to fill the time. People started to get restless as they played past 10pm

5: Bumble was seen at the side of the stage pointing at his watch and shrugging to suggest he didn't know what the delay was

6: Axl showed up five minutes before they went onstage at 10.25 - confirmed by venue staff.

7: At this point the audience thought the show would only be 1hour in length. The promoter nor the band informed the audience if the curfew had been extended. People were incredible pissed off at this point and felt that they were being ripped off.

8: The band opened with CD and there was a problem with Axl's mic (probably because he rushed straight onstage instead of being professional and being ready like the rest of the band)

9: During Jungle somebody threw a plastic beer cup at the stage. It sailed over Axl a small bit of spray hit him. He stopped the show and warned the audience, who at this point were still booing loudly.

10: Axl continued the song but he was all over the place and out of sync with the band (though he did sound good)

11: Also during the opening of jungle DJ did his usual ear-cupping to the audience - a stupid thing to do when they are all booing. It only pissed people off more because they thought he was goading them.

12: Next song an empty plastic bottle hit Fortus. He ignored it and continued playing but Axl stopped, said goodnight and walked offstage.

13: The enue lights came on and security told people to go home that the show was over. About half the audience left at this point.

14: Backstage Axl stormed off with his security and for some reason left the venue on foot and starting walking back along the quay towards his hotel. He was surrounded by angry fans and had to be rescued by the police who brought him back to the backstage area for his own safety.

15: Back inside Axl had a bust-up with the promoter and hit him. The promoter hit Axl back and locked the doors and told him to get his ass back onstage or else.

16: 40 minutes after leaving the stage and with most of the fans gone home a sulking Axl went back onstage and finished the show. The fans still outside who tried to get back in were not allowed to do so by security.

17: Weeks after the show the promoter refunded many fans under the threat of court action.

18: On a seperate note - Phil Lynotts 80 year old mother was there and gave Axl a bronze statue of Phil (not sure when). He never acknowledged her at the show, though the support band did and they also played a Thin Lizzy cover. Philomena is rock royalty here and to not even acknowledge her presence was considered a major snub. She was also at the Slash show earlier that summer and gave Slash a bronze statue too. Slash thanked her from the stage which got a huge cheer, then played a Thin Lizzy song. Afterwards he had drinks with Philomena backstage.

19: For a lot of people Axl and this version of GNR will never be welcome in Ireland again after this fiasco.

20: Compare the different vibe between these two vids - only a couple of weeks apart and many fans were at the two gigs, myself included.

Slash -

Axl -

Edited by RonMexico82

I'd agree that Axl could have and SHOULD have said something to the extent of "we're late but don't worry, you'll get a full show" to assure the people who thought they'd only play for an hour that they'd get their money's worth. 10:30 isn't all that bad for a Guns start time, but I know curfews/transportation are pretty strict there so it's really a no win situation. It's unfair for those who left thinking the show was over only to be denied re-entry, but at the same time, I'll never understand why some pricks pay all that money for a concert only to try ruining it for everybody else. Not just here, but any time something gets thrown at a Guns concert. I guess people just have nothing better to do than look for that reaction from Axl, and unfortunately, he gives it to them which ends up costing all the other willing fans a full show.

I have to admit though, I love the whole exchange after they leave in the video:

Lady on stage: "Can I have you hush for just a moment?"

Guy in video: "FUCK OFF!"

1: The O2 has a strict curfew that said the show had to be over at 11.30.

This is completely invalid, because almost every venue has a "strict curfew" of 11:30. 99% of the time, they will extend the curfew. Axl will pay the overtime. If the venue runs the parking lot, they will also extend that. They're nothing but empty threats usually. They may have told you all of this, but when did the show end? And did any of this bad boogeyman stuff happen? Get a taxi or a hotel. Seriously, don't get a fucking ticket if you don't want to deal with Axl Rose and his thoughts. Any other band COULD get away with it, they just don't feel like paying the overtime fees they have to. Axl doesn't give a fuck. Nobody gets special treatment from Axl Rose, sorry if you thought you would because you live in Ireland. He usually starts between 10:30-11:30 and makes no exceptions. If you don't like it, don't fucking go. Go see Slash and Myles and whoever the fuck else is in his band. Axl's an asshole, we all know that. Oh fucking well.

Edited by GnRDuff1

Due to the crowd being a bunch of bitches, Axl got pissed and did the whole show standing in pretty much one spot :lol:

But fuck, he sounded great!

Did anyone from the forum go to this show?

Sorry but Axl embarrassed himself at this show. That was fucking disgraceful and a big fuck you to the 99.9% of fans in the place who did nothing wrong.

Idk I don't see it that way, I mean he didn't stop the show and leave and he still sang incredibly well. Sure we all love Axl when he is more animated but all in all its far from a disgrace IMO

He stop the show during Jungle and left for like 30-60 minutes. BUT, came back and did the whole rest of the show.

And Dazey, I know what you're saying, but a lot of the arena was booing and being a bunch of fucks throwing shit.

I don't think he embarrassed himself. I mean, the YouTube videos bitch about him not saying "Sorry" or addressing the time delay in any way at all. Who gives a shit? Do the Dubliners think they should get some special treatment and that they're the only show Axl has ever showed up "late" to? Fuck off. They can be glad Axl even came back and finished the show and sang as well as he did.

He only came back cos the venue manager locked the doors and told him he was going nowhere. I think that the way he acted was plain disrespect to the fans. You also forgot to mention that the couple thousand people who left when it appeared the show was over and weren't allowed back in the venue missed the show and didn't get a penny refunded either.

And you gleaned this particular piece of information from where?

Bands are not targets,under any means. <_<

Due to the crowd being a bunch of bitches, Axl got pissed and did the whole show standing in pretty much one spot :lol:

But fuck, he sounded great!

Did anyone from the forum go to this show?

Just goes to show that Axl controls the crowd (Axl was not into it so the crowd was not into it) and that if your going throw shit it won't pay off.

However, just listen to the show without watching the vids, and tell me the band and Axl, as far as his voice, were not giving it their all because they still were regardless of the drunk fucks in the crowd.

Just goes to show that Axl controls the crowd (Axl was not into it so the crowd was not into it) and that if your going throw shit it won't pay off.

However, just listen to the show without watching the vids, and tell me the band and Axl, as far as his voice, were not giving it their all because they still were regardless of the drunk fucks in the crowd.

It seems from watching these that the band went all out to try to make up for Axl just standing there. The funny thing is you could give somebody just an audio bootleg of this show and tell them it's one of the best Guns N' Roses concerts and they'd probably believe you, because the sound of it is great despite the negative atmosphere and Axl not actually engaging with the crowd or band.

SAILAWAY CHANGE YOUR FUCKING SIG PLEASE :crazy::lol:

Keep your verbal masturbations to PM's

This has nothing to do with GNRs :monkey:

No it's got to do with forum rules! Change your sig you numpty it's taking up half the screen! :rolleyes:

And you gleaned this particular piece of information from where?

Bands are not targets,under any means. <_<

Errr, from the venue manager who was interviewed the following day! ;)

Sure,"Venue Managers" and "unnamed" Security rent-a-cops,and Ex Mods are ALWAYS in the know about slash t-shirts And "Locking the doors to prevent Axl leaving" making up Drama to make themselves top dogs in a pissing contest.

Bands are not targets under any circumstances.

Edited by sailaway

SAILAWAY CHANGE YOUR FUCKING SIG PLEASE :crazy::lol:

Keep your verbal masturbations to PM's

This has nothing to do with GNRs :monkey:

No it's got to do with forum rules! Change your sig you numpty it's taking up half the screen! :rolleyes:

I'm aware,I have mentioned help in resizing it in Support.

Sorry for the wrongly percieved outburst at you.

Sure,"Venue Managers" and "unnamed" Security rent-a-cops,and Ex Mods are ALWAYS in the know about slash t-shirts And "Locking the doors to prevent Axl leaving" making up Drama to make themselves top dogs in a pissing contest.

It was an interview given by the venue manager to the local paper with pictures and all sorts AND there was a local radio interview so it was the guy and that's what he said! I know Axl's shit doesn't stink in your eyes but stop being such an ass kisser seriously! :rolleyes:

This was the best I can find but the local paper interview with the venue manager is out there somewhere.

**Updated**

Promoters MCD have since issued the following statement:

"Despite every effort being made by promoters to ensure Guns N' Roses would go on stage on time, they went on at 22.26hrs having been due to be on stage at 21.45hrs, support artist finished at 21:00hrs.

During the second song Axl requested members of crowd who were throwing plastic glass's containing unknown substances to immediately stop or he would have no option but to leave the stage. He confirmed band's wish to perform stating "we want to stay..one more bottle and we go home". Despite his continued appeals, having tried to continue performing for 22 minutes, people continued throwing unknown substances leaving artist with no choice but to leave the stage.

From the stage MCD Promoter Denis Desmond again appealed to audience to refrain from throwing items and stated that the band would be back on stage shortly.

The artist was prevented from leaving the venue by the Promoter and following backstage discussions Guns N' Roses went back on stage at 23.20 hrs and performed their full set until 00.53 hrs.

While the artist has a long history for being late on stage (Slane 1992 - crowd waiting 2 hours and last weekend's UK Reading festival), NO artist should be subjected to missiles and unknown substances being thrown at them. However, despite this the band went back on stage after people stopped throwing items performing their full set of songs in full.

MCD and The 02 wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused due to late running of the show."

I'm aware,I have mentioned help in resizing it in Support.

Sorry for the wrongly percieved outburst at you.

Do you want it resizing? I'll do it for you in a couple of seconds if you want?

Edit: Guns_N_Roses_by_BonePeeler1.jpg

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

Belfast was definitely the better crowd. I just hope the band isn't put off coming to Belfast after the incident in Dublin. It's the same promoter and if the incident tarnished the relationship between MCDie and the band, then GNR probably won't be back in Ireland.