Bottom Line: I just want a band that releases new music

ITW 2012

I always wonder what the forums would be like if Axl had managed to release 3 new albums by now. The distinct lack of new music, more than anything else, is what constantly feeds the Old GNR vs. New GNR arguments on here.

Edited by ITW 2012

I always wonder what the forums would be like if Axl had managed to release 3 new albums by now. The distinct lack of new music, more than anything else, is what constantly feeds the Old GNR vs. New GNR arguments on here.

more or less...

but releasing music would shut up a few mouths...

No doubt it would be a lot different, considering ChiDem would've been out in 2002 and had more of an initial impact.

I've always thought this was the one thing that everyone on this board could agree with. We all want new music. And me, personally, I think that if this band got into the studio and just knocked out some tracks really quick I think it could be an instant classic. Whenever you hear artists talking about their best albums it's always like "we just jumped into the studio and started knocking out tracks, we didn't waste a lot of time tweaking things"

And I really think Axl would be on board with getting an album out fast.

I want new music too. And I have to say I think if GNR don't put out anything within the next year, it might be curtains. Plus if anyone from the band leaves again, that will put things back for years. They are riding on some of the biggest buzz for their US tour in decades. They haven't been getting this much good press since the UYI days. So if they can't capitilize on this, release CD2 and CD3 with a re-release of CD + videos videos videos, then get on with making the new music with the current band members, all they are then is a touring greatest hits ensemble. A greatly skilled ensemble, but still in effect a cover band for the oldies circuit.

I want new music too. And I have to say I think if GNR don't put out anything within the next year, it might be curtains. Plus if anyone from the band leaves again, that will put things back for years. They are riding on some of the biggest buzz for their US tour in decades. They haven't been getting this much good press since the UYI days. So if they can't capitilize on this, release CD2 and CD3 with a re-release of CD + videos videos videos, then get on with making the new music with the current band members, all they are then is a touring greatest hits ensemble. A greatly skilled ensemble, but still in effect a cover band for the oldies circuit.

"A greatly skilled ensemble, but still in effect a cover band for the oldies circuit."

that's it man.

i agree.

Duff-Axl-Vancouver.jpg

Edited by auad

maybe, but I think the fact that Axl hasn't released any good music period since Slash, Duff and Co, feeds it more.

more or less...

only if it was good. i mean have you heard CD?

maybe, but I think the fact that Axl hasn't released any good music period since Slash, Duff and Co, feeds it more.

more or less...

Yeah, it was great.

more or less...

Yeah, it was great.

From Track # 1 through track # 14 it was a tremendous work of art, bottom line.