Has you opinion on DJ Ashba changed since '09?

Cosmo

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thing about DJ is this: I think, except for his solos and some specific parts, he really plays minimally. I don't think he's bad at all, but he adds very little playing ability to a lot of things. I know when I pay attention, a good portion of the time, he's either playing it up to the crowd, or playing just basic power chords that pretty much any guitarist could do. I think he has the potential to add some pretty cool stuff, but I'd say musically, he's probably the least creative guitarist that's been in the post-'00 band. And again, I'm not slamming him. I like the guy alot. I'm still a Finck fan, though.

does anybody remember that guy that was rumored to be hired to be gnr's turntable player? i recall something about that from back in '09..

No, but before Bumble joined, I remember people swearing that Pittman was just going to play all of Bucket's parts on the keyboard...

does anybody remember that guy that was rumored to be hired to be gnr's turntable player? i recall something about that from back in '09..

No, but before Bumble joined, I remember people swearing that Pittman was just going to play all of Bucket's parts on the keyboard...

Still don't see much use for Chris.

Slash is cool because he smokes but DJ is a poser because he smokes. You slash lovers are hilarious. Funny to watch u all get together withkf agendas on a rock and roll forum.

Where did someone say Slash was cool because he smoked? And where did someone who said that say that DJ is a poser because he smokes?

Slash is cool because he smokes but DJ is a poser because he smokes. You slash lovers are hilarious. Funny to watch u all get together with agendas on a rock and roll forum.

:sleeper: :sleeper:

I smoke so I think I am DJ Ashba

I smoke Marlboro Red so I think I'm Slash, and yeah, I'm cool and girls love my style. :crazy:

Slash is cool because he smokes but DJ is a poser because he smokes. You slash lovers are hilarious. Funny to watch u all get together withkf agendas on a rock and roll forum.

Im not a Slash lover, cant say I've seen much Slash lately except the Rock Am Ring performance, didn't see much smoking tbh.

My thing about DJ is this: I think, except for his solos and some specific parts, he really plays minimally. I don't think he's bad at all, but he adds very little playing ability to a lot of things. I know when I pay attention, a good portion of the time, he's either playing it up to the crowd, or playing just basic power chords that pretty much any guitarist could do. I think he has the potential to add some pretty cool stuff, but I'd say musically, he's probably the least creative guitarist that's been in the post-'00 band. And again, I'm not slamming him. I like the guy alot. I'm still a Finck fan, though.

This. I won't say his looks and forced attitude doesn't bother me, but what really upsets me is how lazy is his guitar approach. Its all about shortcuts and power chords. And even so, he still fuck things up often, like that Better video.

watching that tool DJ Ashtray stubbing cigarettes out on his guitar mid solo how fucking lame he tries so hard to be cool yet fails miserably PMSL get this prick out of the band then i can enjoy newgnr once more the rest of the band are great

Oh I'm sorry, where did DJ say that he did that to be cool? Can you please provide me with a link or a quote so we can close this topic?

He is just being himself and he's enjoying himself. You guys should try that once, you would all lead a happier life if you didn't care much about the way DJ acts.

Bunch of teenage girls in here, man.

hah, i remember that! had been pretty cool to see him do that actually :rofl-lol:

Where did someone say Slash was cool because he smoked? And where did someone who said that say that DJ is a poser because he smokes?

Really?

I don't have the time or energy to go back and find it, but maybe a year ago there was a thread on here about smoking and how disgusting it is. A bunch of the slash fan boys and girls said how "cool" Slash looked while smoking while playing his guitar on stage. I believe a girl or two said it was sexy, and several guys said it made him look cool.

And have you not read any of the posts in this thread? Or in any of the bash DJ threads? People are bashing him because he smokes on stage because he is "trying to look cool" and because he wears a hat.

Personally, I think smoking is disgusting, and don't understand how an intelligent person would choose to smoke. And I don't think it makes guitar players look cool at all, whether its DJ, slash or Eddie van halen. It makes them all look stupid.

Was starting to think he was alright and the tonight's SCOM happened. Seriously, what the F*CK went down there?!! >.<

Nah.... he does all the time !

Better intro..Better outro... Finck This i love solo..count on. :thumbsup:

I will forever be bitter about This I Love solo but SCOM intro? Thats so basic even I can play it and I'm by no means a Guitar player!!!! He doesn't usually fuck it up that much but last night his guitar sounded totally outta tune!

BBF totally saved the song with his part of the solo though. \m/