CD on the Radio

wasted

Back when it was first released, Democracy was played pretty regularly here in Philly. I heard Better once or twice, and TWAT once, very randomly, at like 5 AM.

I called in to Preston And Steve after they premiered it in the market. I was one of the only people to say I liked it. I complimented Bucket's playing and one of the dj's tried to tell me it was Robin

Back when it was first released, Democracy was played pretty regularly here in Philly. I heard Better once or twice, and TWAT once, very randomly, at like 5 AM.

I called in to Preston And Steve after they premiered it in the market. I was one of the only people to say I liked it. I complimented Bucket's playing and one of the dj's tried to tell me it was Robin

What dumbasses how can they deny that last solo to be Buckethead

I have yet to hear CD songs on the radio.

I don't have XM or Sirius so I pretty much never hear CD on the radio. There's a syndicated show called "The Chop Shop" that sometimes plays Better still. There's a sports station in Detroit (97.1 The Ticket) that uses the title track as a bumper back in from commercials sometimes too.

I rarely ever listen to the radio but I remember around when the album dropped hearing the title track a few times. Wasn't the intro included in the radio version? That was a silly move, innit??

The radio edit is 1 minute shorter, removing the intro.

It wasn't always like that. When it first premiered I remember hearing the full intro several times.

I rarely ever listen to the radio but I remember around when the album dropped hearing the title track a few times. Wasn't the intro included in the radio version? That was a silly move, innit??

The radio edit is 1 minute shorter, removing the intro.

It wasn't always like that. When it first premiered I remember hearing the full intro several times.

I remember everyone complaining about the intro.

What dumbasses how can they deny that last solo to be Buckethead

I have yet to hear CD songs on the radio.

Jesus fucking Christ. Quite simply, it's bullshit that any radio station would allow a DJ to work for them if he's not knowledgeable enough about music in general to be able to tell Buckethead from Robin Finck. Disgraceful.

On topic: I heard CD all the time for a like a week when it was released, but not anymore. But that's okay because radio is stupid and only for kids. Anyone with sopisticated taste in music needs to look elsewhere.

Heard the song 'Chinese Democracy' on Toronto radio a number of times after the album came out. Not sure I've heard any other tracks, though, and not for quite a while. Mostly it's Sweet Child, Jungle, Paradise City or November Rain.

Not that I listen to radio very much at all these days.

Edited by axlsalinger

I don't listen to the radio much but my local rock station played many tracks quite frequently around the release date, even Prostitute. Most of the time it was Better though. They were quite receptive to the songs. I remember they played Shackler's and commented how it was certainly different but unmistakably Axl and still awesome. Can't remember the last time I heard a track from Chinese though, but I like I said, I don't listen to it much. They actually play Browntone and Nightrain quite frequently. All the DJs seem to be big Guns fans in general.

I never hear any tracks from CD anymore, then again I rarely listen to the radio. Back when the album first dropped, Chinese Democracy was getting regular playtime on K-ROCK and I remember them playing Better, Prostitute and IRS a few times. Other than that nothing. The only Guns songs I'll hear on the radio are mostly from Appetite, plus November Rain, KOHD, LALD, YCBM.

When the album came out our 2 local rock stations tk101 out of pensacola and 99 rock out of ft Walton beach, fl both played better and chidem respectively .. octane on siriusxm also

I wonder how much axl gets paid every time a song is played.. does anyone have any info on that?

I used to listen to radio to broaden my musical horizons but nowadays (especially in the last 3-4 years) it seems that the only things that the stations in UK seem to play are the 'mainstream charts' or mind-numbing club/dance music.

On some stations during the dead of the night we used to get some pretty rocking music but now days they just turn on some random mixed-up 'electro-pop' and just leave it at that!!! X_X

Pure laziness.... <_<

WAAF in Boston still has it in the mix, I hear Better and ChiDem on occasion, but I dont listen to the radio much, mostly my ipod and pandora in the car, itunes and pandora on the macbook

Back when it came out I heard CD, Better, Street of Dreams and Shackler's on numerous stations

Edited by GunsNRevolvers2