Live Streams? Gimme a DVD!!!

watchman

I think it's pretty cool to offer those live streams, but for the money they charge I'd rather have a decent concert DVD, even for twice or three times the money - if it's a good DVD, like in HD, best audio/video quality, bonus features, interviews, guitar lessons...you get the idea.

The streams just don't do much for me. I find most YouTube clips a lot more intresting that these streams.

Besides, I'm not gonna sit and wait for Axl to feel like it when I'm at home. It's ok though annoying every once in a while when I go to a show but not in my fucking living room lol. With the tradition and reputation of late starts, the live stream idea is going to be a commercial trainwreck anyway, at least for this band.

So how about a good old fashioned DVD? Would anyone else be intrested?

I think it's pretty cool to offer those live streams, but for the money they charge I'd rather have a decent concert DVD, even for twice or three times the money - if it's a good DVD, like in HD, best audio/video quality, bonus features, interviews, guitar lessons...you get the idea.

The streams just don't do much for me. I find most YouTube clips a lot more intresting that these streams.

Besides, I'm not gonna sit and wait for Axl to feel like it when I'm at home. It's ok though annoying every once in a while when I go to a show but not in my fucking living room lol. With the tradition and reputation of late starts, the live stream idea is going to be a commercial trainwreck anyway, at least for this band.

LA seems to argue otherwise.

They'll release a DVD/Blu Ray when the time is right. Fact is, it costs more to produce a physical release than to put on a livestream. If they're strapped for money, the livestream method is great of them right now.

I'd love for them to take the best parts of LA and LV, mix them properly and release a blu-ray from it ASAP.

Yeah, there have been several mentions of how much money GNR might be making off of this. Where are people getting this idea? I could be wrong, but it seems to me that they probably won't make any money off of it, at least for these two. They were announced so late, I really think it's more of a "thank you" to the hardcore fans than any kind of money-making venture at this point in time.

Still love the idea, though. Keep 'em coming!

I'd love for them to take the best parts of LA and LV, mix them properly and release a blu-ray from it ASAP.

I don't think the livestreams are being done from HD equipment.

I understand where watchman is coming from, but at least the band is doing something. I'd rather have these live streams than no pro-shot footage at all. We should be happy that they're even doing this. A DVD/Blu Ray would be awesome though. It'd be a good document of these wicked three hour shows for more than just the die hard fans. If a casual fan saw a brand new Guns N' Roses live DVD at HMV for like $15 they might buy it out of curiosity and see what this band can really do.

It's definitely true, but we've been saying this on every single tour since 2002. This group however, may be the best one yet since the UYI days so I'd say it's a great idea. People would definitely pick it up out of curiosity and hopefully some would be converted to the new lineup.

You wouldn't get an actual live DVD.. That thing would be so overdubbed that it wouldn''t even be worth it.

I doubt they'd have to overdub anything musically. Unless someone did a bad note here or there this line-up is so tight and rehearsed that there probably wouldn't be much trouble leaving the tracks and doing a good mix.

Axl would really depend. He went all out on re-recording Live Era vocals but something tells me he'd leave a DVD alone. He might fix a few bad notes or something, but otherwise it'd probably be fairly genuine. Any "mickey mouse" vocals as people like to call them could be given extra power by just being masked with the instruments and a solid mix. Kind of like how fan filmed YouTube videos hide how the vocals actually sound as opposed to a raw feed.

I'd have no problems with them repairing a note here or there to make the release "flawless" as most bands do this anyways for a live release.

One of the worst DVDs I've seen for overdubs though is the AC/DC Live at Donington DVD. The VHS audio was actually better. For whatever reason they overdubbed the DVD to shit using tracks off the AC/DC Live album. The problem is, it doesn't always match because not every track off the album was sourced from the Donington show. At times Angus' fingers barely match the solos that are going on. Not all the songs are like that, but a vast majority early in the show are that way.

it's pretty simple convert it to avi with something like avs4you then NERO and you have a DVD

Glad to help :xmasssanta: